Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

I need a job T_T

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a job T_T

The economy took it's toll on me...I got laid off

Anyway, I'm 18 and I live in Montgomery, AL. I graduated HS with an advanced diploma focused in Mechanical Engineering. I've been working different retail and customer service jobs since I was 14 to make a lil side money but I've worked steadily at at JimmiShine Performance and Racing for 3 and a half years. I still work at JimmiShine but I lost my retail job and I need more money to get my own place and go to school. I'm great with Mac and Windows computers and know enough about everything to do basically anything I'm asked too efficiently. I'm an active member in my church and have verifiable volunteer work hours. I'm hoping to go to school at night for Computer Sciences and work full time during the day as I work at JimmiShine late at night and on weekends.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Man that sucks I've had my hours cut back and I handle alot of the money that comes in from work and it has been really slow if something dont happen soon I'll be looking for a job.

On a side note do you ever take the formula to MMP I live in the Prattville area and always like meeting other f-body guys
Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah the economy really blows right now. I don't even know where to begin.

Yeah I used to go out there a lot but the shop's nitrous supplies are drained and I can't really afford to even get in now that I got laid off. You can recognize me as the guy with the black Formula talking alotta **** and telling everyone his car's a V6 lol
Old 12-23-2008, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

well Id say with your background in computers and customer service experience I would gear you towards something in like a call center or technical support center, its not stellar money but you could probably do somewhere between 13-17 an hr
Old 12-23-2008, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Haha 15/hr would be everything I need and more
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spiritshotgun235
Yeah the economy really blows right now. I don't even know where to begin.

Yeah I used to go out there a lot but the shop's nitrous supplies are drained and I can't really afford to even get in now that I got laid off. You can recognize me as the guy with the black Formula talking alotta **** and telling everyone his car's a V6 lol
Well whenever I pull the TA out of the shop after some new part I'm sure I'll be up there some and will look for you. I'll be in a black Ws6 with black ttm. But that might be awhile from now dont plan on driving it much this winter
Old 12-23-2008, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are interested in filling a part time position in sales/website maintenance/updates/adding product etc etc... Could make it full time temp for the right person.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
We are interested in filling a part time position in sales/website maintenance/updates/adding product etc etc... Could make it full time temp for the right person.
Hey Ron, Where are you going? jk. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
that would be a killer job . if you like f bodies and all that good stuff.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Wow. That's the most amazing potential job prospect I've ever heard lol. How might one such as myself apply for said position with Vengeance?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, first I would call Ron and show some interest. People tend to take you a little more serious if you deal with them on a personal basis, rather than over the internet. Just my opinion based on my experiences haha. You can generally get a better judgment on people by seeing how eloquent they are, rather than how they type..
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ba78ta
Well, first I would call Ron and show some interest. People tend to take you a little more serious if you deal with them on a personal basis, rather than over the internet. Just my opinion based on my experiences haha. You can generally get a better judgment on people by seeing how eloquent they are, rather than how they type..
+1 give ron a call . ron and mike are pretty cool guys and would think that it would be kinda fun to work for especially with some of the cars they have come through there

Quick Reply: I need a job T_T