Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

watchout in kenner

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default watchout in kenner

Kenner P.D. now has a supercharged c6 vette as a patrol car its painted black and white just like there other cars. I think they got it on a drug bust. Its pretty bad ***.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
Kenner P.D. now has a supercharged c6 vette as a patrol car its painted black and white just like there other cars. I think they got it on a drug bust. Its pretty bad ***.
Hopefully someone didn't know how tune it and that **** will blow up while there winding it out. No cops should be able to have cars like that in my opinion. They put others at risk while using something they are not familiar with. Just my.02
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

I agree.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00turboT/A
Hopefully someone didn't know how tune it and that **** will blow up while there winding it out. No cops should be able to have cars like that in my opinion. They put others at risk while using something they are not familiar with. Just my.02
Maybe he has one of his own at his house. I hope you don't think that cops don't have toys to destress themselves. Not trying to pick an argument, but why shouldn't we have something fast? The crown vic is a turd and a half lol.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Ha ha josh come now. you know a charged vette is a little much. dont we have a no pursuit clause or some ****.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

Thats cool if you dont live there...lol
Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Ha ha josh come now. you know a charged vette is a little much. dont we have a no pursuit clause or some ****.
Not where I am. Just had one couple of weeks ago. Got the vid to prove it.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

I heard word that from the State Police all the way down to Plaquemines Parish, no pursuit of black vettes. Any officer dis-regarding this order will suffer the consequences.....no detail work, desk duty for 1 month, and NO DONUTS!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue98Z
Maybe he has one of his own at his house. I hope you don't think that cops don't have toys to destress themselves. Not trying to pick an argument, but why shouldn't we have something fast? The crown vic is a turd and a half lol.
No I agree that some cops have toys at home. I have freinds that are cops that have fast cars personally ,but there set up for it as well. I highly doubt that vette has drag radials on it. As a vette owner myself I would hate to try to keep a supurcharged vette straight while going after someone in a high speed pursuit. In the cold you would busting the tires at like 90mph. Its just not safe in my opinion. I also take it your a cop so thank you for your service.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ I totally agree with you on that. I hope he knows how to drive for the sake of us who try to give the right appearance in this line of work. Thanks for the appreciation.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Teching In

thanks for the heads up...ima have to keep an eye out for him

hopefully he's not on the stock run-flats....like driving on marble's
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Are you serious? I know a decent amount of cops wit 11 and 10 sec street cars. I know a couple of kenner cops with some of those cars. Just because the cops you know or whatever might not be able to handle a charged c6 doesn't mean all can't. Just my.02

a
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1
Are you serious? I know a decent amount of cops wit 11 and 10 sec street cars. I know a couple of kenner cops with some of those cars. Just because the cops you know or whatever might not be able to handle a charged c6 doesn't mean all can't. Just my.02

a
Ditto....I know several cops, and asst district attorney w/ 10 sec street cars. What the hell do people think? I suppose because people here drive fast cars......they would never be able to shoot a gun and hit something(I mean, that's cop-stuff)
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

a
No not saying that they can't handle it, but you know how many people say they can drive and handle something then there in a ditch with it. Im not saying that vettes are super uber fast, but they get sideways with ease and people can loose them easily. Anyone who has driven one can vouch for that.

Here a guy that thought he could street race his vette and thought he could handle it. Just saying were human and make mistakes.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Well, cops go through extensive drivers courses. If you factor that along with driving "everyday 11 to 10 sec street cars", cops are the better group of people to drive those cars. By the way, don't believe that stuff about the ."State police" not chasing, you'll get your feelings hurt and *** handed to you.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Holy crap
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

By the way, I just saw Lucious (Terminator cobra) showin off his car to a few other cobra owners. I guess he forgot about our bet (concerning the race he lost).
Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Launching!

No not saying that they can't handle it, but you know how many people say they can drive and handle something then there in a ditch with it. Im not saying that vettes are super uber fast, but they get sideways with ease and people can loose them easily. Anyone who has driven one can vouch for that.

Here a guy that thought he could street race his vette and thought he could handle it. Just saying were human and make mistakes.

Thats really what it sounded like you were saying. Besides, I dont see most urban cities jus throwing some random rookie cop behind the wheel of a charged c6. Its prolly a veteren whos been threw his fair share of driving classes (i know classes aint everything) and knows a thing or 2 about being able to handle a car with that much power.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JUNK
I heard word that from the State Police all the way down to Plaquemines Parish, no pursuit of black vettes. Any officer dis-regarding this order will suffer the consequences.....no detail work, desk duty for 1 month, and NO DONUTS!
So from what you heard, cops wont chase any black vettes? Whats so speacial about black vettes? Thats interesting.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

So from what you heard, cops wont chase any black vettes? Whats so speacial about black vettes? Thats interesting.
That's right, chase anything but a black vette ('cause the guy prolly has important/urgent business)

Quick Reply: watchout in kenner