Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone here is well intentioned but this guy heard them crank his car and by the time he got out of bed and out of the house he saw the car round the corner. The only way I sleep at night is knowing both or ours are safely locked up. I would honestly invest in LoJack it's the only sure thing to know where the car went. Let's face it we are all targets everywhere we go in these cars, some people in NO their cars were stolen out of parking lots in broad daylight. So don't get too relaxed.

I really feel for everyone whos lost their car to some stupid ring or whatever going around chopping them up and selling the parts. I'm sure they have contacts that watch these boards too, I mean why not?

I'd say DOUBT IT, you might be being watched too. Just be on your guard, theres no telling what someone will do to make a buck in today's times.

These people seem to be targeting modded cars, and well we make a statement and draw attention when we drive by. Try to change up your routines too, don't be so predictable.

I hope this does not become a regular thing in this area.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

I live behind peppertree apartments on Vaughn rd. I feel like I was def targeted, and judging by how quickly and easily they cranked and left in my car, I would not be surprised if they gad done their homework and had a key made. So if your in the MTG area put your guard up. Nodoubt, you may be being targeted as well so do whatever you need to do.It's too late once they prove they are looking at your car.

I am also almost glad that I didn't make it to the car in time. If this was a planned deal it may have been two guys or more I ran up on, and then who knows, could have gotten harmed or shot. I just reacted, I didn't grab my pistol which is at my bedside. So man, I am feeling the pain of this deal, and yes it is my only vehicle, or I would have tried to follow and call the police.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Launching!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss... but do not give up all hope. Mine was stolen late October 2008, and was recovered within a week or so in repairable condition... although I am clearly the exception, don't give up yet.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont care about the way dealers go about getting keys. i lost my keys a while back and went to the gm dealership and asked how....n wow this pissed me off but all that was needed was the vin and a I.D. that shows your face that matches a insurance card for the car!!! wtf i anyone can steal a car...and ive made friends insurance cards before for tickets....man o man i feel for you. btw how do you mean gated??? like need a code to get in/out?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the replies guys..... She is a completely stock looking red SS, perfect condition(was) and the only clue to the motor is big cam dumped at the rear thru tru duals. heres a pic
Old 05-14-2009, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

yes you need a code to get in and out the gate, so def had some help around here...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greenfire
I'd say DOUBT IT, you might be being watched too. Just be on your guard.
Car is locked down. It's not going anywhere unless it's on a wrecker, and even that won't be easy. Watch is in place, guns are loaded. Secondary car is on hand, and I can shoot left handed. Nobody is getting my **** without paying a price they don't want to pay. I'd like to see somebody carjack me.

OP, getting into most apt complexes is easy. Only one I know of around here would be a pain. Others are simply knowing the right numbers. I would bet money I could get into yours on the first try. Gates are a joke most of the time.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

I would honestly invest in LoJack it's the only sure thing to know where the car went.
WRONG!!! LoJerk is only as good as the few cops that have the tracking equipment.
The BEST way to track it is to buy one of those trackable GPS devices. The small kind that can be hidden anywhere on the car and can be tracked via YOUR pc in real time. You will be able to give the po po exact location of your car.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
WRONG!!! LoJerk is only as good as the few cops that have the tracking equipment.
The BEST way to track it is to buy one of those trackable GPS devices. The small kind that can be hidden anywhere on the car and can be tracked via YOUR pc in real time. You will be able to give the po po exact location of your car.
You make a great point. PM me the info on please. I'd like to learn more. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Launching!

You make a great point. PM me the info on please. I'd like to learn more. Thanks.
Yeah me too kinda interested in this
Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel for you man, I really hope you get her back. Im in Canada and the theft's been pretty low on the nicer cars. My beater, a Dodge Neon got stolen but I got her back. Im really thinking of upgrading to an alarm thats really good, or atleast to get her some sort of kill switch?

How good is the OEM alarm? I had it set to a very sensitive setting and even the slightest vibration, or touch would set her off.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

There's a ton of them out there. Here are just 2
http://www.globaltrackinggroup.com/index.cfm
http://www.rmtracking.com/
Old 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I feel for ya man. That really sucks. I'm sure it makes you sick to think about it. I hope for the best possible turnout in the situation.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Both VINS on our F-bodies are covered up
Is there another place it is externally visible besides in the lower windshield?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Timmah! You're still alive !
Old 05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Timmah! You're still alive !
Yeah juju, I'm still here. Just haven't been giving YOU any **** lately, LOL. Want I should change that? REMEMBER this is still MY forum.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
Sorry to hear about your loss. Take it from a guy who used to work at the dealership, you have to do A LOT to make these cars harder to steal. Covering your VIN is just one small step to take, for everybody reading this. Starter/Fuel disable just slows them down long enough to draw down on them. VATS is a joke. Of course, a determined thief can always just tow the car.
curious i am having problem with my VATS and i want to eliminate it but concerned if someone tried to steal it. how do they get around it? i figured it was only possible with a transitor or something? man that sucks with your car. even if you had another car you would have to hope it would be faster because watching someone tear *** in your car and leaving you in the dust would just make me want to shoot myself. good luck i hope you find the bastards!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

These people actually have an ad at the bottom of this page.
http://www.bluewatersecurityprofessionals.com
Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRANSAM/FORMULA
curious i am having problem with my VATS and i want to eliminate it but concerned if someone tried to steal it. how do they get around it? i figured it was only possible with a transitor or something?
I'm not going to go into detail, but suffice to say I've seen it disabled in less than 20 seconds when I worked at the dealership. It's simple. I'm not posting even an inkling of how to do it on a public forum though.

man that sucks with your car. even if you had another car you would have to hope it would be faster because watching someone tear *** in your car and leaving you in the dust would just make me want to shoot myself. good luck i hope you find the bastards!!
It wasn't my car, it was camaro383's. If someone steals my car, they had better get out of range really quickly. I can repair bullet holes fairly easily, and blood stains come out if you work hard enough.

Quick Reply: car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL