Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
It wasn't my car, it was camaro383's. If someone steals my car, they had better get out of range really quickly. I can repair bullet holes fairly easily, and blood stains come out if you work hard enough.
yeah sorry that was for camaro383. wasn't very clear on it. as for the vats you could just send me a pm on it. i have heard of a few things to disable it but would like to know more option. not trying to threadhijack either. nothing is more disappointing than a car that runs great but isn't turning on due to a factory security system___damn you GM!! then again it does actually run.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, my car isn't garaged sometimes and I leave it unlocked with the key in the ignition. I live in an extremely safe neighborhood and no one locks their doors, ever. Pretty sure I'll take the key in with me now and quit being so lazy.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Scumbags....
Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

damn man sorry to hear that but i kno how you feel last year my mint 35th with cme exhaust and SLP 400 hp pack was stolen in Baton rouge..... one of the worst feelings in the world.....
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the support guys it really means alot. Just do me a favor and double your efforts at securing your vehicles, don't let these bastards get another F-body that was someones baby, so they can cut it up and destroy it.

No news on my end about my car. I can tell you that I have little faith in the Montgomery police department. I swear as soon as I finish talking to them, their minds have forgotten everything I said and they are thinking about what they are gonna eat for lunch, or dinner. Anything but thinking about finding my baby.

So please keep your eyes open and watch out for my car just in case. And take extra care securing yours...
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Launching!

really sad to hear about your car. i would loose it if someone got my 01 WS6. I keep it garaged and hardly drive it. I live in wetumpka also.

If your complex is gated, can't the complex get the code that was entered at around that time, or does everyone have the same code. Did they have security cameras at the gate terminals? Just a few ideas.

Is there any thing that may stand out to us if we see it around. i see a sticker on the back glass, anything that may have been added externally that may just stand out.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01WS6er
If your complex is gated, can't the complex get the code that was entered at around that time, or does everyone have the same code. Did they have security cameras at the gate terminals? Just a few ideas.
You can walk around the gate at the complex he's at, so they wouldn't have necessarily had to come in a car. Security cameras aren't always on, or are dummies. Codes are a joke, and easy to guess. Being a former pizza guy, I can tell you that there are several common codes that work. I only know of one complex around that uses a card key system, those are hard to beat.

Is there anything that may stand out to us if we see it around. i see a sticker on the back glass, anything that may have been added externally that may just stand out.
I've been looking, and haven't seen it. Hate to be a downer, but it's probably long gone or in a thousand pieces.

YOU are ultimately responsible for your car's security. Don't ever depend on an apartment complex who has no responsibility for your possessions.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Kori, it's Josh.... We met at AU. Sorry to hear about your car. I hope they recover it safely
Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

I got some news from the police today, so this is info for all you LS1 guys around this area. One of the detectives told me that he has some confidential informants, you know, "thugs" who told him that there is a stolen car/chop shop ring in lowdnes county, and alot of the vehicles that are stolen end up down there and are stripped. He said East Montgomery is a good place to steal because its minutes from 231 troy highway, and once they get out of the county they are home free. Soooo, my car is probably in a million pieces, but I wanted to give you local guys a heads up on what I have been hearing, according to him, east montgomery is becoming a hotbed for car theft, this is just his opinion but its the only real news I have gotten so far.....
Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hugger
Hey Kori, it's Josh.... We met at AU. Sorry to hear about your car. I hope they recover it safely
Holy crap! Are you back in Montgomery, or are you still in FL?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaross383
I got some news from the police today, so this is info for all you LS1 guys around this area. One of the detectives told me that he has some confidential informants, you know, "thugs" who told him that there is a stolen car/chop shop ring in lowdnes county, and alot of the vehicles that are stolen end up down there and are stripped. He said East Montgomery is a good place to steal because its minutes from 231 troy highway, and once they get out of the county they are home free. Soooo, my car is probably in a million pieces, but I wanted to give you local guys a heads up on what I have been hearing, according to him, east montgomery is becoming a hotbed for car theft, this is just his opinion but its the only real news I have gotten so far.....
Thanks for the update. My car has been on lockdown for a while now. I try to make it a hard target.

I had a dream last night that a whole bunch of cars got stolen out of the Shakespeare theater parking lot during a play, and they tried to get mine, but couldn't. Weird, eh?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any "suspicious" characters around my complex.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

I hate to hear about your car Kori. That sucks!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah are you back?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the update, I haven't been on in a while. Yeah we'll keep a look out b/c we are over there on that end sometimes. Sad to hear there's a chop shop close to home.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

No clear news on my car, but I had heard from some tech members that a red SS was in N.O. a couple days after mine was taken, and the windsheild was removed and aparrently the vin replaced... Which I can believe because my car was so perfect that it prob became someones toy instead of cut up and used for parts. So you L.A. boys please keep a look out for it, i dont even want in back, but I would def like to kill the "new owners, their familys" and possibly burn the shack they live in down. I got absolutely nothing but sarcasm from the N.O> police dept, so it is really on us to safeguard our cars and kill the people trying to steal them.......
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bbqz28
I hate to hear about your car Kori. That sucks!
thanks Brandon, I come to the ham alot, we need to get up, I;ll take you for a ride in my 2008 civic......
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Of course i remember you Josh, remember the night I got the cam in? we met and i revved it in my neighborhood late that night, open headers lol. I used to hate that your hotcam and stalled car used to pull me out of the whole at the strip, I always loved your car, and if I ever get another, it will be hugger orange....Memphis and MS? I thought you were in PC???
Old 12-18-2010, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Default any info?

Thanks for all the support guys it really means alot. Just do me a favor and double your efforts at securing your vehicles, don't let these bastards get another F-body that was someones baby, so they can cut it up and destroy it.

No news on my end about my car. I can tell you that I have little faith in the Montgomery police department. I swear as soon as I finish talking to them, their minds have forgotten everything I said and they are thinking about what they are gonna eat for lunch, or dinner. Anything but thinking about finding my baby.

So please keep your eyes open and watch out for my car just in case. And take extra care securing yours...
dont loose faith, my boss had a completely frame off restored 1966 inpala stolen 2 years ago and got a call a few weeks back that they had it in chatanooga TN and he could come get it, the only thing the took moff or messed up was they swapped the 4 barrle for a 2 barrle, so you never know
Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

very sorry people but it happens alot, i have been blessed not to have everhad a car stolen,, best wishes for ya
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

thanks Brandon, I come to the ham alot, we need to get up, I;ll take you for a ride in my 2008 civic......
Sorry to see you're driving a Civic, but yeah, just let me know when you're up this way. I work in Chattanooga during the week though, so I'm only home on the weekends.

Btw, I've received a few "butt-dials" from your number a few times over the last year or so. I'd check my phone and see that you called and when I listen to the message I'd hear people talking but could never understand anything.

Quick Reply: car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL