Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nissan 630ss

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan 630ss

After a few years of saving and some free time, here's what I've come up with for my 95 Nissan 240sx or better named 630ss

plenty of work left before I get to hear it run

its a 383 stroker, big cam, afr heads, nitrous later on

waiting on my silvia conversion fenders, no body work is done yet but I do have 50mm wide fenders, complete silvia conversion, painting car pepper grey.

custom headers by sikky have pretty good clearance

wilwood clutch master cylinder

aeromotive stealth fuel cell

still need to make brackets to hold intake tubing

wished sway bar was a little lower to protect oil pan

315/35/17 nitto drag radials

still need to put in a dash and seats

hoping for 500rwhp on motor plus a 250shot of nitrous, which will be worthless on the stock 7.8" nissan diff, so after I get it running, I want to put a ford 9" and I think mazworks makes a housing just need to find someone to put it in.

I was making good progress on the car untill Toyota issued a crap load of recalls, which is great cause I'm making lots of money but I want to work on my car. So hoping within 2 months I can get it running.

So, suggestions, questions, remarks, opinions, all is welcomed

Last edited by Nissan LS240; 02-25-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: clarification of vehicle
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one car Id like to do a ls swap too. I really like the 95 models for some reason. Awesome build man
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

very nice work. i was excited there for a moment. i saw that large intake tubing and thought it was turbocharged. that would be awesome. i always prefered turbos over nitrous. but everything else looks great. keep on updating us.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I would have love to go turbo, but there's too much fab work, not putting the turbo on, but trying to make it fit. and the motor has 11.2:1 comp. so Nitrous I think would be a better choice, especially since the fast intake already has the ports for a direct port nitrous system, and I think I have seen pre made kits that comes with all the lines and fittings for the fast intake. But first I need to get it running then build rear end, then I can decide on power adders. Although a turbo would sound nice.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Looks good. A 240sx with that much power has got to be a blast (I had a stock one years ago).
Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Finally got some time to make some progress

Wilwood big brake kit front. I put some slotted stock size rotors on the rear

off road x-pipe

Borla chambered XR-1 muffler, I'm happy the exhaust doesn't hang too low but I had to remove the sway bar temporarily, waiting for sikky's dual exhaust sway bar or an infinity j30 sway bar turned upside down

Couldn't find any tips that I liked finally found these on autozone's website of all places

couple fuel lines and wires left now

yes I know they're white, that is everyone's first words when they see them, but I have always liked white leather so why not. I have a fixed aluminum seat for the track got to have reclineability for street use.

Should look familiar to any late model cobalt owners, stock dash was sun baked and airbags had deployed so I thought I could easily find a stock replacement so I trashed it couldn't find one anywhere within 5 hours of louisiana and brand new one cost $1500 so next alternative, sheet metal dash or a fiber glass molding of whatever I wanted in this case Chevy Cobalt

S15 conversion pics

my daily driver for now, always liked nissans but got tired of 4 bangers

Last edited by Nissan LS240; 08-13-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

hopefully my next post the car moves on its own
Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Wow!!

Quick Reply: Nissan 630ss