Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

EFI Shootout Sept.25 @ Prescott Ar.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Shootout Sept.25 @ Prescott Ar.

Get the EFI cars ready and come out to good weather and a great prepped track. September 25 at Prescott Raceway. www.prescottraceway.net
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Are they gonna let outlaw cars run in the efi class again?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Teching In

outlaw cars did not run in the class last time. Just a car that had a xfi ecm. He said he was not going to put that car in the class again just wanted to make a statement.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car was fast, but the rules stated STOCK PCM's. If I can get my nitrous to work then I may try to run it. We may be going to Ennis to watch NHRA though. Jackie said that Chip wouldn't be allowed to run in EFI next time.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Teching In

your right about the stock ecm but what you don't know is that chip was allowed, by all the centerville going group to run his silver mustang that has the same equipment except a small turbo and it was not a problem sence it was a 8.60 car and now they complain about his white car because they had there money counted. If I had a piggy back BS3 on my GTO it be allowed so the ECM does not matter. I know the sprit of the class is a street driven car but how do you determine street. If the majority of the class wants to keep there car as it was when it came from the dealer thats there choice. Kris did a great job on ables car and it runs good but there is ET left in that set up.
I hope that eveyone will try to support this class. Jackie is to put some kind of real rules inplace and not try to play off centervilles b/s rules. Give Prescott and Jackie a chance to get this class lined out and I think it will grow into a great class for everyone wanting to run.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Launching!

I'm just ****** around man, not trying to start a big **** storm. Prescott looks nice and I can't wait to run there. Just can't really afford to break my car right now since I just sold my secondary, so for the time being I'm just a spectator. I'll see yall there.

Alex
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

oh no it's cool. Hope to see you there. I will be with my girlfriend in the white vette as my GTO is still apart.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by outlawdart
Kris did a great job on ables car and it runs good but there is ET left in that set up.
At 15lbs of boost and 15 degress of timing I would hope so.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
9 Second Club

your right about the stock ecm but what you don't know is that chip was allowed, by all the centerville going group to run his silver mustang that has the same equipment except a small turbo and it was not a problem sence it was a 8.60 car and now they complain about his white car because they had there money counted. If I had a piggy back BS3 on my GTO it be allowed so the ECM does not matter. I know the sprit of the class is a street driven car but how do you determine street. If the majority of the class wants to keep there car as it was when it came from the dealer thats there choice. Kris did a great job on ables car and it runs good but there is ET left in that set up.
I hope that eveyone will try to support this class. Jackie is to put some kind of real rules inplace and not try to play off centervilles b/s rules. Give Prescott and Jackie a chance to get this class lined out and I think it will grow into a great class for everyone wanting to run.
I am not going to say a word. If that's were EFI is headed then so be it. Everyone will have to stand up for there own thoughts cause I'm tired of being "THE ONE". If I'm not mistaken you were the FIRST and only one to protest Chip's car. I waited till after the race, the next day to voice my and others opinion because there were supposedly rules being made. I am no longer going to offer or as everyone says (BITCH) my opinion any more. I could care less. I will run TNT just like I have all year. Have a nice day.

Last edited by 02402RAMAIR; 09-13-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Yes, was asked to tech the class and I was going by the bs centerville rules and told chip that the car would not tech FRIDAY nite at the tnt. It got over ruled and I will not put myself in the position of being between my friends and the rules again. I hope they will come up with some rules that will fit the cars and close some of the loop holes.

But to Chip's definence, He made a good point about the other car being the same car except the turbo and everyone letting it run at centerville.

like it's been said before--- We pay the track to enforce the rules and centerville does a poor job of enforcement and let the racers fight between themselves to police the rules. Had that car not been alowed then I think it would not been alowed at prescott
Old 09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

The centerville rules where just a starting place and they where really loose in my opinion. Chip's car was fast but like was said what is streetable. I myself would not drive around on the street with my grill cutout with a open turbo inlet not many people would so his car streetable no. The class will die really quick with cars like that in it. We just need to get Prescott Raceway rules set up and it will take a little bit of time. My car was one of the slower in the class and had to have a friend drive it at last minute since I was to busy with two real street cars to even watch much of the class but I will try and support it all I can.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MCBRIZ28
The centerville rules where just a starting place and they where really loose in my opinion. Chip's car was fast but like was said what is streetable. I myself would not drive around on the street with my grill cutout with a open turbo inlet not many people would so his car streetable no. The class will die really quick with cars like that in it. We just need to get Prescott Raceway rules set up and it will take a little bit of time. My car was one of the slower in the class and had to have a friend drive it at last minute since I was to busy with two real street cars to even watch much of the class but I will try and support it all I can.
Great post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:42 PM
9 Second Club

Of course no one will bitch like you said it was an 8.6 car and there is a hell of a difference when you have a 8.6 sec car at the 1000ft than when you have a 8.0 sec car at 1/4 mile. THe 8.6 sec car is more alinged with what the other cars run so it made good competition so no one felt the need to bitch about his ECM. Don't get me wrong I was freaking impressed with the white mustang he is got a sick set up but he should be running with cars that are at his level because like some one mentioned above if you stick cars like that in a class that is already small it will just kill the class.

When you say give Prescott a chance that is what I did on the 28th I freaking drove 3.5 hours to get to race a 7 or low 8 sec 1/4 mile car. Has anyone ever heard of how important the "first impression" is well when I got told that the owners allowed him and told him he could run efi and they did not care about the rules they said they were going to follow that to me is a bunch of crap. I did not like Prescott or the way it is ran. I will keep going to Centerville and run EFI or TNT.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Teching In

new rules at prescott and new entry fee. come on out and support.

Per Jackie below

Class 1

Any Power Adder
Any Tire
Stock Appearing Interior
Bolt on Suspension Mods Only
NO Intercooler in Car or Trunk
Late Model Cars originally equipped with EFI
Limited to Stock Syle EFI Units, aftermarket upgrades allowed
Engine Swaps limited to Engine Series that were available in that particular body style
1000 ftwere avail

Class 2
Same rules as class 1 except STREET RADIALS ONLY, no Drag Radials or Slicks

Entry each class $35.00 with 80% payback
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

Rules look MUCH better, I think I'll stick to the bracket racing though. See you guys there.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Launching!

So does that mean no intercooler at all or just not inside the car.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Darbadocious
So does that mean no intercooler at all or just not inside the car.
Just in the car.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Bummpppp, anyone going this weekend?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 PM
12 Second Club

Wish I had my car together... :/

Quick Reply: EFI Shootout Sept.25 @ Prescott Ar.