Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Thunder Racing or Futral

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the OP's question, take it to the Spartan. He's already built one car for me and is in the process of building a second. I wouldn't take it anywhere else.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming the OP is in Louisiana, so I doubt he'll be taking it to Spartan for a header tune.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
In all fairness, it's always a possibility that something could have been wrong with the car before Alan ever touched it. I understand the whole "well it didn't have that problem before" mentality, but **** does happen.

Not to long ago I had a customer bring me a car and wanted headers/catback/tune/dyno. I always inspect every engine before I touch it, check all fluids, etc. I noticed the head gasket was leaking from one small tiny corner. This was a bone stock car. Had I worked on that car, strapped it down, and it blew up it would have been "my" fault even though I had nothing to do with it.

Just sayin....
This is how I see it also. While it sucks what happened I don't think its fair to label a shop/tuner as bad because it happened. A lot of variables come into play and anything could have happened.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

I like both but why dyno so early with so few mods?? Put that money into other parts!! just my opinion!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DaFireMan
I like both but why dyno so early with so few mods?? Put that money into other parts!! just my opinion!!!!
Even a stock car can benefit from a good tune. A header car especially will benefit.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, thanks for all the recommendations, but I took it to Futral and opted for the street tune (no dyno) and am very impressed with how the car runs. Thanks to Charley for explaining everything to me, also. This is my first rodeo.

Thank!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Futral
Old 10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Coppertone
Hey guys, thanks for all the recommendations, but I took it to Futral and opted for the street tune (no dyno) and am very impressed with how the car runs. Thanks to Charley for explaining everything to me, also. This is my first rodeo.

Thank!
Glad we could take care of your needs! Let me know if we can do anything else for you in the future.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Travose21
Ok let me tell you a great story. My cousin brought a car and the car was perfectly fine before he brings it there (futral motorsports). He brings the car over to him to get the car from surging, 200bux for that. Car goes to the dyno and makes a pass for what reason i dont know. car made great power. Did some changes and made more power. makes another pass and car popped and all of a sudden car is blowing white smoke and said he is going to need a piston. Stock bottom end with 40k miles that went to him running great i mean the fastest stock bottom end that i ever drove. Gone and needs a new motor. Now dont get me wrong, he is a good tuner, but he needs to know enough is enough that is just my opinion

then he tells my cousin to bring him 7k and he can fix it that is the funny part. I told my cousin is to get ya car and come home. he had no reason to put the car on the dyno. CAR IS STILL SURGING, MOTOR IS GONE AND 200 GONE DOWN THE DRAI
Travis, are we talking about Chris's old car that is now owned by Jerome Riddick?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Yeah he talking about Chris' old car but he failed to mention that Jerome put bad fuel in the car and raced it running bad like that n killed the fuel pump. They put a brand new fuel pump in the car right before they brought it to Futral. Not trying to start any trouble but Futral is not in the business to hurt anyones car, he is trying to make a living like everyone else. He is one of the best tuners for these cars and that has been proven already.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Top Secret 48
Yeah he talking about Chris' old car but he failed to mention that Jerome put bad fuel in the car and raced it running bad like that n killed the fuel pump. They put a brand new fuel pump in the car right before they brought it to Futral. Not trying to start any trouble but Futral is not in the business to hurt anyones car, he is trying to make a living like everyone else. He is one of the best tuners for these cars and that has been proven already.
Yes Top Secret 48 is right!!!! The truth comes out!!!!! Still no word from travis??? I called Jerome and talked with him today doesnt know why travis made that post. Jerome wanted us to put the car on the dyno even though we didnt need to. On the first pull the car was down on power, so we were tryin to pick it up when it let go then we were told about the problems he was having.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaFireMan
We do alot of bone stock dyno tunes or with very little done to it!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00badfnta
Futral
Thanks!!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Ok let me tell you a great story. My cousin brought a car and the car was perfectly fine before he brings it there (futral motorsports). He brings the car over to him to get the car from surging, 200bux for that. Car goes to the dyno and makes a pass for what reason i dont know. car made great power. Did some changes and made more power. makes another pass and car popped and all of a sudden car is blowing white smoke and said he is going to need a piston. Stock bottom end with 40k miles that went to him running great i mean the fastest stock bottom end that i ever drove. Gone and needs a new motor. Now dont get me wrong, he is a good tuner, but he needs to know enough is enough that is just my opinion

then he tells my cousin to bring him 7k and he can fix it that is the funny part. I told my cousin is to get ya car and come home. he had no reason to put the car on the dyno. CAR IS STILL SURGING, MOTOR IS GONE AND 200 GONE DOWN THE DRAI
One more thing how u bashing and praising Futral all in the same paragraph????? All of the parts on that car came from Futral and he tuned it almost 3 years ago. From what I heard it was wearing cars out in New Orleans until the pump problem.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

all i know that he told me that he went up there to get the car to idle and for some reason he went on the dyno. after we replaced the fuel pump the car ran perfect no smoke not down on power no oil under the valve cap none of that ****. so all i am saying is that the car went to him perfect and nothing wrong with it except surging issues. Im going to leave it like this. Allan can tune real good, just i have had the best of both tuners and from experience jeff puts more pride and joy into ya ****. Even if he didnt build the motor or put together a setup.

As for as allan good guy, needs to know enough is enough. like i stated before i didnt know jerome wanted to go on the dyno, all i know is that he wanted to get the car to idle. Thats it i made my comment so move along and go tune someone else **** or who ever ****. all i know is that i refuse to let jerome go back there.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

And top secret you are wrong we put the fuel pump in the car raced 3 times car pulling like a bitch out of hell, then we went to get the car to idle. Reason for that is because everytime i did a burnout in the car it killed
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

all i know that he told me that he went up there to get the car to idle and for some reason he went on the dyno. after we replaced the fuel pump the car ran perfect no smoke not down on power no oil under the valve cap none of that ****. so all i am saying is that the car went to him perfect and nothing wrong with it except surging issues. Im going to leave it like this. Allan can tune real good, just i have had the best of both tuners and from experience jeff puts more pride and joy into ya ****. Even if he didnt build the motor or put together a setup.

As for as allan good guy, needs to know enough is enough. like i stated before i didnt know jerome wanted to go on the dyno, all i know is that he wanted to get the car to idle. Thats it i made my comment so move along and go tune someone else **** or who ever ****. all i know is that i refuse to let jerome go back there.
Sh*t happens. His car could have blown up doing some street racing on the way over to the dyno. Engines wear internally and can have the beginnings of major problems that no one knows about so unless you can show something that proves it was something in the tune that caused it, you're wasting everybody's time complaining about it.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bamalt1
sh*t happens. His car could have blown up doing some street racing on the way over to the dyno. Engines wear internally and can have the beginnings of major problems that no one knows about so unless you can show something that proves it was something in the tune that caused it, you're wasting everybody's time complaining about it.
+1................
Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

So you dont know the whole story, but are fast to blame us for his mistake??? Jerome wanted to put the car on the dyno so he could check the numbers!!! First pull on the dyno with NO TUNING the motor was down on power! We checked a few things and made a few more pulls but it was getting worse then it really showed signs of a problem. Jerome even told me he raced the car several times after he knew it was hurt!!!! "I refuse to let jerome go back there" I guess that is why he calls me several times a day going over his estimate to change this and that HUH?!?!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

And top secret you are wrong we put the fuel pump in the car raced 3 times car pulling like a bitch out of hell, then we went to get the car to idle. Reason for that is because everytime i did a burnout in the car it killed
So you are the driver but didnt come with jerome to get the idle fixed to your likeing????

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing or Futral