Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Thunder Racing or Futral

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Secret 48
One more thing how u bashing and praising Futral all in the same paragraph????? All of the parts on that car came from Futral and he tuned it almost 3 years ago. From what I heard it was wearing cars out in New Orleans until the pump problem.
It must have been our 3 year tune!!!! After 3 years BOOM!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe so but......(And I was going to stay out of this) Once upon a time....there was this little prince who worked at avondale, and he wanted to go 408 in his white camaro SS. With some help from myself and his wallet, his wish cam true...even better with the NX shark nozzle jetted @ 125hp. He was happy until he saw low 10sec e/t slips and, like all of us, wanted to go 9s. He brought the car to FMS for plumbing/install of the direct-port nitrous as well as final tuning. The prince (not questioning the tuner) watches as his call is pulled on the dyno several times and was told it was *RICH*.......the car was removed from the dyno and THEN #24 fuel jets were replaced with #20 fuel jets...NO N2O jet change and NO re-dyno.

Can any of u kids guess what happened when they sent him off to the track? I can tell u it got ugly because the car came back to the builder. When the prince saw his spark plugs he became just another frog. It did not help matters when the plugs were replaced and it went over a second slower N/A.

The story u just read is true, the names have been changed to protect Mark ()

I am not usually a nut-swinger, but when in need of the dyno I aim my rope at Geoffs' fly................
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
9 Second Club

Default my 2 cents

most of you guys leave geoff and allen to go and **** with your car just because someone tells you it shouldn't surge or sound a certain way. i have personal experience with both. if you want a car that hauls ***, go to allen. if you want a conservative tune that you can tip around and brag about how fast you should run, go to geoff. it don't matter who we take most our setups to. if your ***** not build right, it's going to let go anyway. allen has tuned redell, nathan, rowe and my car(corey). these are just some of the cars that everyone knows that haulass. not one of these cars have blown and there well respected when they come on tha scene. not going to put geoff on blast, but he didn't wanna tune my car because of my motor being 13.5 compression and a high volume of nitrous. allen had no problem. allen tuned the car with 13.5 compression and a 400 jet. its easy to dyno and tell what the car puts to tha rear wheels, what it will put to tha pavement is tha real power. allen has come to tha track numerous times to make adjustments to my car. i haven't seen geoff at a track since tha thunder shootouts. and to travis, before you get off your knees in geoffs office. look up at him and say. daddy, who car faster? coreys or mine!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408lq9
most of you guys leave geoff and allen to go and **** with your car just because someone tells you it shouldn't surge or sound a certain way. i have personal experience with both. if you want a car that hauls ***, go to allen. if you want a conservative tune that you can tip around and brag about how fast you should run, go to geoff. it don't matter who we take most our setups to. if your ***** not build right, it's going to let go anyway. allen has tuned redell, nathan, rowe and my car(corey). these are just some of the cars that everyone knows that haulass. not one of these cars have blown and there well respected when they come on tha scene. not going to put geoff on blast, but he didn't wanna tune my car because of my motor being 13.5 compression and a high volume of nitrous. allen had no problem. allen tuned the car with 13.5 compression and a 400 jet. its easy to dyno and tell what the car puts to tha rear wheels, what it will put to tha pavement is tha real power. allen has come to tha track numerous times to make adjustments to my car. i haven't seen geoff at a track since tha thunder shootouts. and to travis, before you get off your knees in geoffs office. look up at him and say. daddy, who car faster? coreys or mine!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Question to Charley at FMS: Ask Allen how would you tune a stock bottom end car with H/C to run good N/A and make the pcm demand more fuel when the 175 shot dry is kicked in?

I believe both guys are good tuners it just matters what kind of experience you have had with either Allan or Geoff. They both have different tuning styles and get close to the same result when you go down the track. I have seen cars go to Futral and come out running like a raped ape and some that run like a turd and won't even start up like an EFI car should. The way Allan handles the people whose cars don't run correctly when they leave him will show the character of him. Good customer service will ALWAYS bring repeat business.

I have seen cars from Geoff also that run like crap at the track just like some Futral cars but it is because of the selection of parts used in that person's build. I have called Futral many times and never got an answer, the phone just rang. I have called Geoff and he has answered the phone. That is my only complaint of Allan though.

I like Allan and Geoff both, but I prefer a conservative tune so you know where my money is going.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Question to Charley at FMS: Ask Allen how would you tune a stock bottom end car with H/C to run good N/A and make the pcm demand more fuel when the 175 shot dry is kicked in?

I believe both guys are good tuners it just matters what kind of experience you have had with either Allan or Geoff. They both have different tuning styles and get close to the same result when you go down the track. I have seen cars go to Futral and come out running like a raped ape and some that run like a turd and won't even start up like an EFI car should. The way Allan handles the people whose cars don't run correctly when they leave him will show the character of him. Good customer service will ALWAYS bring repeat business.

I have seen cars from Geoff also that run like crap at the track just like some Futral cars but it is because of the selection of parts used in that person's build. I have called Futral many times and never got an answer, the phone just rang. I have called Geoff and he has answered the phone. That is my only complaint of Allan though.

I like Allan and Geoff both, but I prefer a conservative tune so you know where my money is going.
allens busy working on cars. geoffs on tha computer. keep your money going to geoff. when you wanna sit on tha porch, holla at allen. i can talk about this for days. my ****'s proven. 9.24@149, 3650lbs on drag radials with a bullshit 1.40 60ft........

Last edited by 408lq9; 10-14-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

***** getting real but I roll with the Futral crew as evidence of my sig
Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

If you were calling today I was out of the office. My wife was having surgery! If you left a message I will call you back tomorrow, or just send you a message on here. 99% of the people that say we dont answer the phone never leave a message! If I am on the other line or waiting on a customer at the shop they have my undivided attention!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 408lq9
allens busy working on cars. geoffs on tha computer. keep your money going to geoff. when you wanna sit on tha porch, holla at allen. i can talk about this for days. my ****'s proven. 9.24@149, 3650lbs on drag radials with a bullshit 1.40 60ft........
Yup, you are right. Geoff is on the computer. He is on the HPtuners forums helping fellow tuners and using newer techniques to tune the agressiveness of todays cams to make more power.
You need to re-edit your post again. "when you wanna sit on the porch, holla at Allen". Thats exactly the case.

I want a car to do it all. I want it to idle my big 110 lsa cam when coming to a stop at a redlight and after doing a burnout. I want it to start at the turn of the key not start like a carb car that has been sitting for a month and never started. I want to street drive in bumper to bumper traffic and not have the car cut-off everytime I stop. I know Allen can do it, but making him do it is another story.

You can take that 9.24@149 on a 1.40 at smoke it. Junk has you beat 9.0 with a 1.38 with a street driven pump gas car, not 13.5:1. Take the car to California and back and still run a 9.0. You are right though we can talk about this for days.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
***** getting real but I roll with the Futral crew as evidence of my sig
We can see who you roll with Corey, but have you been anywhere else?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

We can see who you roll with Corey, but have you been anywhere else?
No need to go anywhere else. Allan gets the job done and my car performs. Him, Charley and everyone over there provide great service and i'm completely satisfied
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
No need to go anywhere else. Allan gets the job done and my car performs. Him, Charley and everyone over there provide great service and i'm completely satisfied
Then you can't compare And just recommend futral. I have been to both and you know where I go. The car I have was tuned when I got it from the previous owner at fms and I don't think it was right.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

DAMN!!! Its getting serrrrrrrous up in herrrrrrre.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Then you can't compare And just recommend futral. I have been to both and you know where I go. The car I have was tuned when I got it from the previous owner at fms and I don't think it was right.
I was never comparing just stating where I prefer to go based on experience. I don't speak ill against any other shops for that very reason
Old 10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love lamp.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Futral Motorsports

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing or Futral