Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anybody in Arkansas getting hassled over how loud your car is?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody in Arkansas getting hassled over how loud your car is?

Just curious, as cops in the NWA area are swarming lately... and now that I've got headers and an ORY, and a bare bones exhaust setup, my car is pretty loud. Anyone actually get any tickets over it? I checked our county's 'ordinances' and the closest thing to noise levels is "excessive unneccesary noise/disturbing the peace". IMO my exhaust is nowhere near 'excessive noise' :wink: ...if you get what I'm saying...

We're pretty lucky to have no kind of inspection/smog/emmisions control but just wanted to see if anyone has run into this before. My vanity plate gets me enough negative attention as it is. (see user name/avatar)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I've rolled around with both cutouts open right by Fvlle cops and none cared. Couple years ago my car club was in a parade and they were encouraging us to rev and be loud...

It's nothing compared to the **** on Harley's all over town every fall.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lived in cabot for 26 years (only the last 10 of which I was driving, lol) and never once got harassed over my car being loud.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I've rolled around with both cutouts open right by Fvlle cops and none cared. Couple years ago my car club was in a parade and they were encouraging us to rev and be loud...

It's nothing compared to the **** on Harley's all over town every fall.
Kinda what I was thinking. haha I got sick of looking at my crooked magnaflow stuff so temporarily I just pulled the muffler/tips off so my 3" piping still goes over the axle, comes down then dumps right by the rear end. It's LOUD. Basically headers, ORY and straight pipes. I need to get involved in the NWA Motorsports thing... I signed up on the forum but that's about it so far... may wait until I get my front end cause my front bumper and fenders aren't so pretty to look at right now
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

Ah yeah that's probably pretty loud, I would be more concerned with getting something on there for sound quality, open y pipe sounds like a farm truck.

Even my cutouts sound terrible open and they are right off the headers on both sides. The lsx just doesn't sound good without a muffler IMO.

You could slap a dynomax bullet on there and it would sound really good and still be pretty loud.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

After an old thread I just found on here via GOOGLE haha I'm most likely gonna order a Moroso Spiral Flow to put in there somewhere. Someone posted a comparison with an SLP loudmouth I system with headers/ORY, and then put a spiralflow in place of the SLP resonator and it sounded awesome in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

It would be hard to make a loudmouth sound worse but I agree, the spiral flows sound great too.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Teching In

As much as the JPD (Jonesboro) loves to harass people, I haven't heard of many people getting ticketed for loud exhaust. My friend Brandon with an LQ9 swapped Cutlass got chewed out by a cop for revving at a stoplight, but no ticket was issued.

And yeah, we're pretty lucky to not have to worry about inspection.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never gotten pulled over in FS, NWA, or LR for being too loud. Camaro was very loud.

I have actually woken up a trooper in my Camaro just from pulling out of a parking lot. Didn't even get on it. A mustang flew by me seconds later. Tropper pulled him over. Later that night the tropper saw me at a gas station and told me thanks for waking him up. True story. Happened in Maumelle.

I get pulled over a lot by NLR PD after working nights. They pretty much pull over anyone on the roads after about 01.00 in the morning just to see if your drunk.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Launching!

I got a ticket a few years ago for mine being too loud. I had headers with bullets attached to them and turn downs. Big cam and heads made it pretty loud but the cop was just in a bad mood and later said he would drop it at court.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Oh ya I'm in Benton just south of little rock.

Quick Reply: Anybody in Arkansas getting hassled over how loud your car is?