Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Memphis tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry this turned into this as well since I look froward to some good advice. I still need to find a tuner but the car is actually running pretty good since it cooled off. It is not bucking as much at low RPMs and idles halfway decent. The first day I drove it when it cooled off, the check engine light went off and it didn't even come back on after I pulled away from a Lightning on the highway in 3rd gear to 6200. I just let off and went to 6th. I just knew that would get it to start running rough again.

It's just a toy for me so I guess I'll just run the **** out of it when I drive it until I can decide on a tuner.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about Xtreme Auto? Their website says they have dedicated LSX professionals. Anyone had any experience with em?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Swiat34
What about Xtreme Auto? Their website says they have dedicated LSX professionals. Anyone had any experience with em?
They use the same guy that Jim was saying cut the roof off his car and left it that way. I would suggest somewhere else. pretty much, anywhere else.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

This horse is dead... the beatings can stop.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Im simply informing people of my experiences. if anyone wants to contact me I will be glad to give you my entire history with the person responsible for leaving a car with a detatched roof and ruining several engines.

Im glad your experience was positive. Many people havent been so lucky.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

And nobody is perfect, mistakes are made, and life goes on. People learn from their mistakes and tend not to repeat them. And you, Jeff, sold me on using what was also YOUR shop at the time. To this day, I have nothing bad to say about you, or the business that you were a part of. Move on. Live and let live. Life is easier if you just worry about your own daily life.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThumpnZ28
And nobody is perfect, mistakes are made, and life goes on. People learn from their mistakes and tend not to repeat them. And you, Jeff, sold me on using what was also YOUR shop at the time. To this day, I have nothing bad to say about you, or the business that you were a part of. Move on. Live and let live. Life is easier if you just worry about your own daily life.
pm sent. if you want to talk I live in Olive Branch too. sent you my address. Just stop by anytime.

Last edited by J1D2warrior; 09-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Default no tune right now

Gonna replace the clutch master cylinder first I guess. Drove it once last week and couldn't shift at WOT. It sticks in reverse and won't come out. I hope the damn clutch isn't bad now too. I sucked the dirty **** out of the reservior and added new fluid but I am learning that the master cylinder is too small to start with on the GTOs.

I wanted to get a cold air intake on it and was thinking about putting cats back on it and quieting the exhaust before the tune. Does it NEED the cats?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steelman223
Gonna replace the clutch master cylinder first I guess. Drove it once last week and couldn't shift at WOT. It sticks in reverse and won't come out. I hope the damn clutch isn't bad now too. I sucked the dirty **** out of the reservior and added new fluid but I am learning that the master cylinder is too small to start with on the GTOs.

I wanted to get a cold air intake on it and was thinking about putting cats back on it and quieting the exhaust before the tune. Does it NEED the cats?
I'm not sure about the emissions testing in Tennessee, but if you were in Mississippi I'd say no it doesn't need cats.. None of my cars ever did.. hah
Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Depends on emissions testing in your area of TN. However, your car may limit itself because of the trouble code (ie only 80% throttle). I know F-bodies do that and especially when you remove EGR and AIR systems. You need a tune to restore full power.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Teching In

The GTO has been on jack stands for a couple months now and I am getting ready to order a monster stage 2 clutch and tick performance master kit for it.

Ordering a data logger, drag radials, and CAI at the same time. Thinking about buying the LS1-edit software and tuning it myself. Has anyone used it?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steelman223
The GTO has been on jack stands for a couple months now and I am getting ready to order a monster stage 2 clutch and tick performance master kit for it.

Ordering a data logger, drag radials, and CAI at the same time. Thinking about buying the LS1-edit software and tuning it myself. Has anyone used it?
The usual vote is to go with HPTuners instead.

Quick Reply: Memphis tuner?