Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Memphis tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis tuner?

I don't care about racing just playing but I need some help with tuning my GTO. Just bought it about a month ago. I can't find a vacuum leak, it has headers and no cats, and I am not sure if it has an aftermarket cam or not. It runs good if I keep my foot in it and get it in the next gear.Who should I go to to have it tuned around Memphis?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Take it to DynoSpeed. They tuned two of my GTO's and my SS Camaro.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM

I agree dynospeed.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard its hard to get appointments at Dynospeed and they take forever, but not bad mouthing them, that's just word-of-mouth. I personally had Brian Brennan do the work on my car, and it's been fine. If interested I can give you his number (PM)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dynospeed is a great shop....... If you have a mustang
Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Haha, yeah the specialize in Mustangs. But they have shown some love to my GM's. I guess thats how they know they can make a lot of money...off those handicapped Mustangs. :haha:
Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by will8908
I've heard its hard to get appointments at Dynospeed and they take forever, but not bad mouthing them, that's just word-of-mouth. I personally had Brian Brennan do the work on my car, and it's been fine. If interested I can give you his number (PM)
Do not got with Brian Brannen. He took $6,500 of my money as payment up front for a twin turbo project, cut the roof off of my car, closed the doors and refused to help by welding the roof on my car so I could move it. I'll never see that money ever again and he's a piece of ****.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by anarchy99
Do not got with Brian Brannen. He took $6,500 of my money as payment up front for a twin turbo project, cut the roof off of my car, closed the doors and refused to help by welding the roof on my car so I could move it. I'll never see that money ever again and he's a piece of ****.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is DynoSpeed on Pleasant View Rd or Elmore Rd??
Old 09-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

They were on Elmore and now they are on Pleasant View
Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Its worth the drive to go to someone who is an actual Tuner. Anyone can buy HPtuners and start calling themselves a tuner. You have a lot of options that arent a long ways off....Damian, Vengeance, and others.

If you think they are more expensive or too far to drive look at it this way. What will it end up costing you if you have a local half *** dude do it and end up having to get it done twice?

Go to a reputable shop that has been doing it for years and has tons of positive feedback. They are still in business and have all that feedback for a reason.

They actually KNOW what they are doing rather than just claiming they know what they are doing without having a clue.

I have a 98 vette with a small cam and heads that a local so called tuner did and it doesnt run right to this day. I will be making the trip to a reputable out of town tuner as soon as I get the chance. Mines not a daily driver so Im not in a hurry.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Its weird, when that Vette was first done I was told by you that it put down great numbers and ran great. Now it doesnt run right? Something doesnt make sense.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CMYZFLY
Its weird, when that Vette was first done I was told by you that it put down great numbers and ran great. Now it doesnt run right? Something doesnt make sense.
any idiot with HP tuners can get WOT numbers. getting one to actually idle is a tad more difficult for the complete novice. If you would like to come see the car idle be my guest. I understand though. You have time, money, and loaner vehicles invested now so you have to try and protect your investment. Ive been there. I get it. Im just glad someone else is footing the bill now. Oh, and I hope you have insurance that covers uninsured and unlicensed drivers!!! You gonna be the one that brings him to court at the end of the month because he cant drive himself there?

but dont worry, as soon as I get someone who actually can tune to redo it, I will post the old tune right here for the world to see. Then you can speak up and tell everyone how wonderful it is!! Im curious...how does it feel being the one to have to run around and defend someones crappy workmanship and idiocy? You will get tired of it too. Your just in a fog like I was for a few years. It will all come to you eventually and you will realize its not worth the effort anymore.

whats really weird is that you found it necessary to comment on my post while completely ignoring Jims.

Last edited by J1D2warrior; 09-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jetlag
ftw!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Whats there to say about Jims post. It was a crappy deal no doubt about it, but like I told him I had nothing to do with that car. I never had any intentions to work on that car cause I had no idea what to do on it. As far as that car goes when it was dropped off there were 2 people involved in that business. As far as Jim goes I would sit down and talk to him face to face, man to man and tell him my dealings and feelings on the car. So Jim if you read this you can PM me with your number if you want and when you get in town and want to sit down and chat let me know.

As far as me footing the bill you have no idea what you are talking about. The only money I invest is money I get back from people. I have nothing tied up in his tuning software or anything else for that matter. This will be my last post in this thread about this because it will never go anywhere and I refuse to go back and forward with this.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Never had any problems out of Brian. In fact, he is the only person who works on my car or does any tuning. The car runs great, idles like stock even with a cam, and he even miraculously M6 swapped without one single problem. Sounds like a hack artist to me... I'm sorry some people have had bad experiences, but I just can't bad mouth a person when I have had nothing but good from him. Just sayin.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Hmdb...
Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

To OP and others:
I can remember when I stuck up for Brian also. Still think his family are great people. Even fronted alot of money to get him started in his business venture. I got him a job out there at TEES even. I had nothing but good stuff from him for awhile. Then he took all my money, left me with a cut to pieces car, an engine that won't even turn over, and crates, and boxes of parts. I'm still not even sure what I have to this date since I basically just parked the car and deployed. Someone brought up Brian Brannen. Thats my experience with him. Others on here won't deny my experience either, it's not a lie. Give him your business if you'd like, it's your money and car. just sharing my experiences. To the OP, sorry your thread got clouded up with bullshit. I hate when that happens in my threads also.

To Dennis:
I'll see you at the meetings when I get back Dennis. have nothing against you or complaints against you.
I'll bring the WS6 to the meetings one of these days when I get time to go through it again. All BB parts removed, custom ones installed. Car will be what it was always supposed to be.
Jim

Quick Reply: Memphis tuner?