Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

morrisville nc

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default morrisville nc

hey guys, so heres my story i live in upstate ny and my parents moved down to morrisville and i will be coming down there quite often during the summer to visit and was just wondering what dyno tuning shops you guys recommend and also what 1/4 tracks are in the area you would recommend? im VERY new to the area so if there are any car shows or meets i should check out let me know, im considering moving down.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what a warm welcome lol
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as far as 1/4 mile tracks go Fayetteville is the closest to you. Dunn-Benson, Piedmont are closer but are 1/8 mile. I go to Dunn-Benson mostly since I live in Raleigh. You should give Steve Ashworth Performance a call about tuning, located in Fuquay-varina. A few friends like to hit the tracks alot in the summer so let me know when your in the area.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like MYHAWKROCKS mention,Dunn-Benson (1/8 Track),Fayetteville (1/4 Track),Rockingham (1/4 Track).Dunn-Benson TNT is every Thursday night from 5pm to 10pm. Fayetteville TNT is every Sunday from 1pm to 5pm or 12pm to 5pm. During the summer Fayetteville TNT change from Sunday to Friday night because of the hot during the day in the summer.As far as distance from your parent house in Morrisville to all the local track.Dunn-Benson is about 40 miles from Morrisville.Fayetteville is about 1 hour 40 min from Morrisville. Rockingham is about 1 hour from Morrisville. When come to engine building or tuning,you have 4 option and you can't go wrong with either of the 4 option.

1. Mayhem Motorsport (Engine Building and Tuning) Raleigh
2. RPM Motorsports (Engine Building and Tuning) Garner
3. Blazing High Performance ( Engine Building ) Durham
4. LS1Excitement ( Engine Building and Tuning ) Durham
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the feedback guys! ill prob be hitting up fayetteville for the 1/4 but i might stop by dunn-benson. im gonna be in the area from the 29th until the 3rd which is my bday so cant wait.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Teching In

I might sound like an oddball, I live about an hour north of there, I've been going to see Brian and PCM4Less in Mooresville for years with my car hes great, i'm not much on the tracks down that way because there so far away but I would definately look into PCM, and there in the same shop as Tick Performance if you need any work done, one of the best shops around for anything you need wheel dynos and driving tunes whatever you need. pcm4less.com and tickperformance.com
Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by transamboss
I might sound like an oddball, I live about an hour north of there, I've been going to see Brian and PCM4Less in Mooresville for years with my car hes great, i'm not much on the tracks down that way because there so far away but I would definately look into PCM, and there in the same shop as Tick Performance if you need any work done, one of the best shops around for anything you need wheel dynos and driving tunes whatever you need. pcm4less.com and tickperformance.com

You've been going there so long you'd think you'd know the guys name. Bryan runs PCMforLess in Ohio. Alvin is the guy in NC. And Tick is no longer in that building. They moved back to Mt Airy.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Mayhem Motorsports speak to Jay...he will take care of you and treat you right

Last edited by Sick LS2; 04-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Heintz Racing in Mooresville
Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, let's be sure we understand the OP's family is in Morrisville in Wake County, not Mooresville, nearer to Charlotte.
I agree 100% with the tuning choices listed by KILLERARMY
There is a new club forming in Raleigh: http://capitalfbody.com/
We are looking to get new faces like yours to come out to the monthly meets, and the locations we are considering won't be too far from Morrisville.

Quick Reply: morrisville nc