Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen Race Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stolen Race Truck

David Solomon, a drag racer from Spencer, Tennessee, had his entire race operation stolen late Sunday night or early Monday morning. His tow rig, trailer, golf cart and race vehicle were all taken from the parking lot of a Valdosta, Georgia Howard Johnson. The last known whereabouts of this truck/hauler were in the Perry, GA area...headed north on 475 at a high rate of speed. This was about 3 am on Monday morning, as reported by another racer who was returning home from the same event in which David was attending and happened to spot it. Below you will find a description of the items taken along with a number of photos that show the race truck, the dually tow vehicle, the trailer and the golf cart.

2003 Red dodge dually, white 40 ft gooseneck enclosed trailer (outlaw vintage), NO LETTERING, VERY CLEAN RIG!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...06033707_n.jpg

http://byrdphoto.files.wordpress.com...pg?w=584&h=386

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ps7d9537b4.jpg

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC06726.jpg

My fear is that this stuff will be taken somewhere and chopped. The race truck is a former NHRA pro stock truck (chassis built by Don Ness in 2002) with a 2004 Dodge Dakota body. Most of the components of this vehicle including the engine and truck itself are very unique. There were very few such pro stock trucks built. And the engine is a 645 cubic inch Mopar assembled by David himself. Again, very unique stuff. There is no guarantee that all of this equipment is still together. If the thief was at all smart, the hauler may now be attached to another vehicle. Or everything may be squirreled away inside a building somewhere. It could also be damn near anywhere by now. So if you live pretty much anywhere in the eastern half of the country, this truck could be near you by now.

Please keep an eye out for this guy's stuff and if you see anything, please report it to your local police and drop me an IM ASAP. I will contact the owner pronto. Also, be aware that there is a $9,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of this vehicle and that reward is growing by the hour. If you see or hear anything, please get in contact with me. This guy just lost about $200,000 worth of stuff that he has put his heart and soul into creating. I hope these frigging thieves can be found and made to pay for their crime. If there is one thing I have no tolerance for, it is thievery. And this is one heluva theft.

BTW, I will update any info as I get it. I'll try to get some plate numbers, VIN numbers, etc as they become available. The owner is actually actively searching for his stuff as we speak, along with most racers in the entire southeast and eastern portion of the country. Hopefully someone will see something that leads to the recovery of his stuff, hopefully intact.

Thanks for taking the time to view this.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Teching In

The truck was last spotted in atlanta David is a great guy met him plenty of times at the track and he has sunk his whole life in this truck please help us get David his truck back
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Truck Tag number H211798 Tennessee Tag
Trailer Tag number U120600 Tennessee Tag
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is terrible, someone has to be fucked in the head to do that.

I can only imagine this dudes entire world was just taken from him by some scumbag.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Teching In

The last I heard from Jim the owner of I40 Dragway the reward has been raised to 10K the truck is unique the golf cart has the same wrap as the truck
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Race Truck-david1.jpg   Stolen Race Truck-david2.jpg   Stolen Race Truck-david3.jpg   Stolen Race Truck-david4.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM
...with cheese.

I'd be out for blood if this happened to me. I wish him the best with this and hope someone pays the price.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

bump.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

keeping this up top.........where it belongs.

BUMP!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Dang, this guy was near where I worked....Dunlap, TN. So sorry to hear. I fear it's in a chop shop in ATL by now. I'll keep an eye out, but I just now saw this thread and it's over 2 weeks old.

This story reminds me of the Buick Regals stolen from Bowling Green at some event about a year ago. I believe they were recovered in Detroit???

Was the truck hotwired?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Here it is: https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...ing-green.html

Quick Reply: Stolen Race Truck