Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Tuning Session In North Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tuning Session In North Alabama

If you are interested in getting a tune in North Alabama let me know. I have a great tuner scheduled to come up on September the 21 to tune some.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama99z
If you are interested in getting a tune in North Alabama let me know. I have a great tuner scheduled to come up on September the 21 to tune some.
Who and what do you mean come up?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^Im guessing its Chevy406....think he could tune out the o2 sensors in the truck and get a few more mpgs out of it
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Phil
Who and what do you mean come up?
chevy 406 is a friend of a few of use in the shoals area who lives in Huntsville. he comes to Florence every so often to tune cars for some people when we can get enough to make it worth coming to town.he's a stand up guy who is very sharp on turning ls cars.he has a 01 vet making 480+ hp and a ls swapped 69 nova that runs in the 5's,so that's good enough for me to trust him.if you want to drive to Florence and meet some of us and get yours tuned just let us know and we'll get you directions.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
^^^^Im guessing its Chevy406....think he could tune out the o2 sensors in the truck and get a few more mpgs out of it
I have no doubt he can tune a truck.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sold horse,bought ss
chevy 406 is a friend of a few of use in the shoals area who lives in Huntsville. he comes to Florence every so often to tune cars for some people when we can get enough to make it worth coming to town.he's a stand up guy who is very sharp on turning ls cars.he has a 01 vet making 480+ hp and a ls swapped 69 nova that runs in the 5's,so that's good enough for me to trust him.if you want to drive to Florence and meet some of us and get yours tuned just let us know and we'll get you directions.
I live in gadsden, he lives in gadsden Huntsville, why would I drive past him to geta tune?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Default Tuning

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
homerunhtr21, glad to see that you havent deserted us LOL. Yeah its Chevy 406 he should be able to hook you up. Send him a P.M. it may be a few days before he gets back with you as he is getting ready to go to LS Fest this weekend. He could answer your questionsbetter that I can, but I'm almost 100% sure that he could hook you up.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

I live in gadsden, he lives in gadsden Huntsville, why would I drive past him to geta tune?
Phil,
If you want to get it tuned anytime in the near future the 21 is it as he is pretty booked up the rest of the month. As I know of at least 1 head and Cam and clutch that he has lined up for the end of the month. He is like myself he has a full time job and the tuning and side jobs support his racing endeavors.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Phil,
If you want to get it tuned anytime in the near future the 21 is it as he is pretty booked up the rest of the month. As I know of at least 1 head and Cam and clutch that he has lined up for the end of the month. He is like myself he has a full time job and the tuning and side jobs support his racing endeavors.
Well as I told you before, I had tried to schedule a tune with him a couple times before but or schedule kept changing but when we finally got something lined up he flaked on me so I'm not gonna deal with it again
Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Well as I told you before, I had tried to schedule a tune with him a couple times before but or schedule kept changing but when we finally got something lined up he flaked on me so I'm not gonna deal with it again
Phil, I have known him for about 15 years. And granted I cant speak on your experience. But I can speak about him. This doesn't sound like him at all. I have never known him to stand me or anyone else that he had made arrangements with. Sounds like there may of been some mis-communication between the two of you. I would suggest that you give him a call and see what happened.

Eric
Old 09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for Chevy406. If Gomer can't get to it, he's my next call
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm good, I just have zero patience for excuses... no big deal I'm actually schedulinga tune with Lane culver, little more expensive but having a dyno there to tune with makes me feel safer knowing I can see the improvements being made
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

I have never had anything tuned by Lane, but I have a few good buddies that have and they were pleased with his work. In the end it all depends on whom you feel comfortable with good luck with everything.

You still need to ride north one day LOL. Do ya'll meet and hang out down there much?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have never had anything tuned by Lane, but I have a few good buddies that have and they were pleased with his work. In the end it all depends on whom you feel comfortable with good luck with everything.

You still need to ride north one day LOL. Do ya'll meet and hang out down there much?
Not really,most hang out are down in Montgomery or mobile,people are too lazy to drive up here lol

And Evan lemons had his 370 nitrous car and his 408 both tuned by Lane so I trust him
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Well it's Tuesday the 17 th. As mentioned above I have chevy 406 coming into town this Saturday to do a little tuning. Is there anybody interested in having their car or truck tuned?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Chevy406, thanks a bunch for coming down today. You have made a few guys very happy LOL.

Those of you that were not able to make it this time, you missed out.

Quick Reply: Tuning Session In North Alabama