Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Tom Jumper Chevrolet in Gainesville GA..

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tom Jumper Chevrolet in Gainesville GA..

I just want to let everyone know that may be looking to do business with them in the future, there are some shady business practices going on there.

I called on a Wednesday (3:00pm) to inquire about 2 trucks I found in the auto trader magazine. A guy named Jeff (will get last name later) answered the phone. I asked for information on truck #1 and wanted to verify that they still had it. He gave me the info and confirmed that it was still there. I asked about truck #2 and he could not find any info in the computer, so he would have to go look on the window sticker to find out. After having to call him back three times, he finally said the truck was there and he gave me the info I asked for. Truck #2 looked to be a great deal, (seemed too good to wait too long to check out) so I decided I would take off work early and drive 2 1/2 hours down there (from Chattanooga) to check it out. I was ready to buy it on the spot as long as it was in good shape.

When I got there, I said I did not want to deal with Jeff, as he lost my business while trying to get him to return my calls with the info I wanted. I was handed to a salesman to find out exactly what I wanted so I could check it out and then we would sit down and look at some figures. When I gave the salesman the stock numbers, he came back and said both trucks had sold 2-3 weeks ago. I had just called the day before, not too long before closing, and Jeff told me they were there! Here I am 10:30 in the morning, me and my g/f both taking time off work to come see this truck, that was never there in the first place! Well, Jeff was not there, and after speaking to his boss and the used car manager, I was jerked around the lot for about 1 1 /2 hours so they could try to find something comparable to sell me at "the lowest possible price." They had nothing close, and wanted to sell me a mediocre shape truck for top dollar. I declined their offer and made my way to the door with a free fuel fill courtesy of Tom Jumper Chevrolet, for my troubles.

Sorry, I know this is extremely long, but I wanted everyone to know the complete story. I warn anyone that may be looking to do business with Tom Jumper to be extremely careful about who you deal with. I know I will never step foot back in there again, and I will make sure no one I know makes the same mistake as well.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks monkey Dicks and it sounds like Tom Jumper does as well.

Last edited by Jimmyz; 02-10-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell i would make the trip back down there just to kick the **** out of this kid! Worth the $$ to me..
Old 02-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Banned

Yeah car dealerships can be that way. I used to be internet manager for a huge dealership in Atlanta.

I hated the way some of the new or used managers would tell a customer who we KNEW most likely couldn't get financed to "get them in here!" They didn't care that they where driving from the south side to the north side through rush hour traffic only to run a credit report and send them to the door.

Glad I left the stress behind when I found my current new job.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom Jumper is owned by Bill Heard..they kept the name after the change in ownership..you were either dealing with a guy who just got in the business and all he had been taught to say anything to get a prospect to show up at the dealer he might not have known any better. Or you just ran into a POS that didn't care if you were traveling a long way to see a specific vehicle.
Either way a very poor business practice to say the least.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It definitely sucks... I am not done dragging Tom Heard's name through the mud yet.. I still have a phone call to make to this Jeff guy too. I am going to try to get ahold of someone higher up too.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Silver Slayer
It definitely sucks... I am not done dragging Tom Heard's name through the mud yet.. I still have a phone call to make to this Jeff guy too. I am going to try to get ahold of someone higher up too.
You're wasting your time. Jeff is the devil himself. He won't care, he might even hang up on you mid sentence and they won't do anything to him. His managers tell him to do that. They don't care either.

If you want to get back - send a zip-loc bag of dog **** or manure to the dealership with attention to him on the box. Other than that you're just spinning your tires.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Tom Jumper is owned by Bill Heard..they kept the name after the change in ownership..you were either dealing with a guy who just got in the business and all he had been taught to say anything to get a prospect to show up at the dealer he might not have known any better. Or you just ran into a POS that didn't care if you were traveling a long way to see a specific vehicle.
Either way a very poor business practice to say the least.
I tried to remember your name, and I forgot to look for your business card from the info you sent me when you bought the rocker arms a while back. I called your dealership as well, but the guy never called back. It seems like he was trying to do the same thing. He said he knew that you had three trucks like what I was looking for, but I told him to go put his hands on them and call me back with the details because I was already in the area. He never called back.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
You're wasting your time. Jeff is the devil himself. He won't care, he might even hang up on you mid sentence and they won't do anything to him. His managers tell him to do that. They don't care either.

If you want to get back - send a zip-loc bag of dog **** or manure to the dealership with attention to him on the box. Other than that you're just spinning your tires.
I kind of thought that as well.. But I am planning on posting this on every site I can think of.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silver Slayer
I tried to remember your name, and I forgot to look for your business card from the info you sent me when you bought the rocker arms a while back. I called your dealership as well, but the guy never called back. It seems like he was trying to do the same thing. He said he knew that you had three trucks like what I was looking for, but I told him to go put his hands on them and call me back with the details because I was already in the area. He never called back.

Sorry we didn't get to meet..I'll PM you my info ..if your ever in Atlanta area giveme a call and we will meet up and have a brew.. ..or if you get in the market fo a Chevy let me know..

PS Here just like at any car store you call you can get a hold of a nonprofessional person..they give those of us that do good business a bad reputation..
Old 02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've got a Bill Heard here in Nashville , I wouldn't buy a lug nut from 'em.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

I pesonally will never do business with them after checking out a corvette from them- so glad i got the TA
Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Slayer go to Hardy Chevy in Gville... talk to Tony Crain over there.... PM me if you want his phone number. He will get you anything from anywhere shipped there and wont charge you for the shipment to his dealer ship. Hes a real good guy... bought every single one of my chevys from him... even the old astro van from 15 years ago... lol
Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
Slayer go to Hardy Chevy in Gville... talk to Tony Crain over there.... PM me if you want his phone number. He will get you anything from anywhere shipped there and wont charge you for the shipment to his dealer ship. Hes a real good guy... bought every single one of my chevys from him... even the old astro van from 15 years ago... lol

Yeah, I bought a 1500HD from them after leaving Tom Jumper. I have mixed emotions about my experience with them. I guess the salespeople were fine, but the finance manager needs to go back to school!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Car dealerships are no different than any other business. There are people that you can trust,there are those you cant. There are people that will go the extra mile and those that do just the minimum to get by. I know Steve, SLT200mph and if you want a Chevy or a used car of any make why not check with him first? You know if he's on here he is an enthusist and you know he would love great feedback for helping out anyone from this site & others. JMIO.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608

So are you saying you know him personally? His name is Jeff Clark.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Car dealerships are no different than any other business. There are people that you can trust,there are those you cant. There are people that will go the extra mile and those that do just the minimum to get by. I know Steve, SLT200mph and if you want a Chevy or a used car of any make why not check with him first? You know if he's on here he is an enthusist and you know he would love great feedback for helping out anyone from this site & others. JMIO.

I would have, but this was a last minute decision.. Between staying up all day searching for trucks and sleeping a few hours a day before going in to work at night, I was not thinking too clear. I was planning on looking for SLT200mph's contact info before I left, but it slipped my mind becaus I was so excited about this truck that was supposed to be a Tom Jumper.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ss rally red

Thank you for the kind words Ken..

Quick Reply: Tom Jumper Chevrolet in Gainesville GA..