Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Questions for Tennesse folks

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions for Tennesse folks

What all late model performance shops/dynos are in Tennesse??
Besides Bristol, are there any other 1/4 mile tracks???
Just curious cuz i got a job offer at "Smokey Mountian Outdoor Adventures" near Knoxville area and im thinking about taking the job and moving up there
Old 05-27-2006, 06:21 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I moved here from Chicago a few years ago and like it a lot. No good 1/4 mile tracks around though, Bristol is OK but slow, Steele is Steele, BG is 230 miles away, Clay city is 230 miles to the north, London Ky runs 1/4 mile but they have an ultra short shutoff - 120mph in the 1/4 is as fast as I dared to go. There are quite a few 1/8 mile tracks around (crossville, 411, rogersville, knox dragway) and you have to get used to that. I never ran an 1/8 mile track in my life until I moved here and I have been drag racing for 25 years..

No real LS1/late model shops like that around here, couple local dynojets and a couple mustang shops. One vette shop local that does some C5 work.. Pretty decent local car scene but a lot more cruisers then anything. Fox body Mustangs outnumber F-bodies by at least 20-1 at local tracks lol. Pigeon Forge car shows are pretty cool if you dont mind crowds..
Old 05-27-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

doesnt sound too bad. my buddy im going to work with said the car scene is unreal around there as are the shows and that pigeon forge is packed full of rides every weekend like it was spring break. maybe i'll meet ya up there some time this summer kevin
Old 05-28-2006, 12:51 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Its a big car scene but its very diverse, its a fun place to live and the cost of living here is great, cant beat the scenery either..
Old 05-28-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been through there alot goin to see my dad in W.Va.....I love the atmosphere up there. So relaxing. I'll sure we'll see u around though....might have to ride up there to hang with ya'll....so does this throw ur plans of doin the Hot rod power tour? Well i'll see ya tonight when u call me back.....later bro
Old 05-29-2006, 03:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JLMoses
been through there alot goin to see my dad in W.Va.....I love the atmosphere up there. So relaxing. I'll sure we'll see u around though....might have to ride up there to hang with ya'll....so does this throw ur plans of doin the Hot rod power tour? Well i'll see ya tonight when u call me back.....later bro
Nah, im not gonna make the power tour. Are you? BTW, had fun hanging out and messing around at stoplights but i had no intention of punching it
Seriously though, I think that new MAF and TPS fixed the TA cuz damn it hauls ***. I really wanna run that guy that came up to Sonic in the black 97 Z28 a4 w/ SS hood and 12-bolt rear cuz i think it'd be pretty close if he does indeed have 407rwhp. Hopefully he'll play this friday night. That was a sweet ride and a pretty cool dude.
BTW, your girlfriend seemed really cool Justin plus she was really pretty Just dont let her get ya
Old 05-29-2006, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

i second the props to your girlfriend justin. she seems cool and thats a lot coming from me since i dont get along with most girls.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks ya'll...oh and dont take this the wrong way Ryan....but ask Mandy...he's full of hot air from what i could gather....he said id had headers and ORY on it but it still had stock exaust manifolds....lol. I seriously think it has stock 10 bolt also...so there would be NO race against ur TA......tomorrow I'm gonna call up SPEC and see if u have to use a special Throwout bearing or if u can use a stock replacement...I wanna be able to run on friday if possible...
Old 05-29-2006, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

oh god.... please dont tell me it was the 11 sec at cottonwood guy ya'll ran into.... if it was, ryan let's put it this way: remember rocky? he could take lessons on bs from this guy.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks ya'll...oh and dont take this the wrong way Ryan....but ask Mandy...he's full of hot air from what i could gather....he said id had headers and ORY on it but it still had stock exaust manifolds....lol. I seriously think it has stock 10 bolt also...so there would be NO race against ur TA......tomorrow I'm gonna call up SPEC and see if u have to use a special Throwout bearing or if u can use a stock replacement...I wanna be able to run on friday if possible...
are you saying he was lying about all that motor work and having 407rwhp? It was kinda funny how he couldnt remember what heads and cam were in his own car even though he put em on. He also told me his best 1/4 mile was 13.1sec. My old 95Z ran that (13.1@108mph) with only about 320rwhp
Old 05-29-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

exactly Ryan.....hahahaha....did u see how those HEADERS "looked" like stock manifolds? haha....just messin...umm....but yea...i honestly dont know what to believe with him...but as far as a person he's pretty cool...
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

exactly Ryan.....hahahaha....did u see how those HEADERS "looked" like stock manifolds? haha....just messin...umm....but yea...i honestly dont know what to believe with him...but as far as a person he's pretty cool...
well if he comes out Friday night, we'll do are best to sucker him into a race w/ the TA
BTW, Sorry if this thread got way off track kp
Old 05-30-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

but ya u should love it in Tenn dude....its gorgeous country to me...

Quick Reply: Questions for Tennesse folks