Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Any performance shops in Hattiesburg MS.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any performance shops in Hattiesburg MS.

Just moved to Hattiesburg and was wondering if there is anyone close to here for performance work? Also where does everyone hang out?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Hey,

Glad to have ya around....Nearest shop is probably RWTD in Mobile, they do pretty good work, and alotta people use them for tuning...Alotta us around here try to do most of our own work if we can...

We hang out in town on the weekend, usually eating somewhere, then hanging out in the Hobby Lobby parking lot (On Highway 98, out by mall)....then go find something to get into after that

-Will
Old 06-09-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, how many of yall are there tarzan, i just go the car back on the street and i live about halfway between mccomb and tylertown so im 45min or so from the mall, id drive there on the weekends for sure if i could find something to do, nobody does crap around here
Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
hey, how many of yall are there tarzan, i just go the car back on the street and i live about halfway between mccomb and tylertown so im 45min or so from the mall, id drive there on the weekends for sure if i could find something to do, nobody does crap around here
Do you drive that thing on the street?

I have seen your car at Thunder and I am sure you have seen mine, it is the white formula ws6 with the camaro rims. It seems they have it more than I do. But I should be gettining it back next week.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TARZAN
Hey,

Glad to have ya around....Nearest shop is probably RWTD in Mobile, they do pretty good work, and alotta people use them for tuning...Alotta us around here try to do most of our own work if we can...

We hang out in town on the weekend, usually eating somewhere, then hanging out in the Hobby Lobby parking lot (On Highway 98, out by mall)....then go find something to get into after that

-Will
I have seen some cars there every once in a while but it look mostly like import crowd. Is the group you hang with a mix bag or mostly domestic? I have had both, but the import crowd seems to usually be a younger group.

What times do ya'll usually gather at, and what is the most prominent night or just every night on weekends?

Are there any car clubs that get together around here for show or events?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Getav8
Do you drive that thing on the street?
yep, used to drive it all the time, been racing it for a while, its back on the road again
Old 06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
yep, used to drive it all the time, been racing it for a while, its back on the road again
I am definately looking forward to meeting you. Interested in picking your brain.

What tires are you running on the street?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I am definately looking forward to meeting you. Interested in picking your brain.

What tires are you running on the street?
had the 325 mt radials but i got caught in some rain one time and it was hell so i went back to a nitto, had them before the mt's and the did ok in the rain. biggest thing they have for a 15" rim is the 28" tall 275 series ones, i have some toyo performance radials on a set of 4" prostars upfront i just bought, i like them because the tread pattern resembles the nitto design a lil bit so it looks better than running the metrics, i dont have great traction with any steet legal tire but the do decent
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Smokin01

I am still running a stock size 16" 245 nitto but could only muster a 1.8 60. I since have went from stock suspension to a hal set up with 300 lbs springs up front and stock springs out back but have not ran at the track since so not sure how much that will change.

At 18lbs pressure and launching at about 2500 rpms it still would let loose in first and second but was not too bad the car still stayed straight and pulled.

I am trying to stay with as much a street tire as possible but need to hook this thing up better on the street, (since I spend very little time at the track.)

Did you set up your own suspension or did madman set you up?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Smokin01

I am still running a stock size 16" 245 nitto but could only muster a 1.8 60. I since have went from stock suspension to a hal set up with 300 lbs springs up front and stock springs out back but have not ran at the track since so not sure how much that will change.

At 18lbs pressure and launching at about 2500 rpms it still would let loose in first and second but was not too bad the car still stayed straight and pulled.

I am trying to stay with as much a street tire as possible but need to hook this thing up better on the street, (since I spend very little time at the track.)

Did you set up your own suspension or did madman set you up?
best i ever did on my 245 nittos was 1.74 back in 2003 on a stock suspension with the addition of lca brackets. car was also 3650lbs and boltons then, id imagine you can still get a lil better 60'

my suspension was tuned by me, i asked a few questions here and there to understand how each thing worked to affect the launch but i did all the adjusting and tnt on it, now i understand it all pretty good
Old 06-18-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey there.....would love to meet you both...im from Hattiesburg too..Know TARZAN well....
Old 06-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Launching!

I come to Hattiesburg every now and then usually goin to the track. Yall got any good action on the street or do yall just run at Hub City?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Guys we need to plan out a get together I notice this weekend at least 5 or 6 fbodies running around. Mine is still in the shop but I am hoping it will be completed soon so something in the next week or so would proably be good.

So anyone game? If so lets spit out a date!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

i know there are quite a few fbody's in hattiesburg, when i go do my work over there i always see a few, especially a black ws6 and a red one
Old 06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Allright Thunder called on Wed. and let me hear the car run. I will call them shortly to see where they are at with tunning ETC. Keeping my fingers cross for fri or sat to get it back.

Is there anything going on either of those days? Just in case I do get it back. Any get togethers ???

Quick Reply: Any performance shops in Hattiesburg MS.