Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skillet
Anybody from here? I thought it might have been a headgasket. I remember how much smoke my Regal poured when I popped one. Announcer said the bottom end let go. Oil everywhere. Ended the night.

YouTube
Looks to be internal to me pal. Sorry your luck sounds like mine.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** that could have thrown a rod. That's what it looked like for my neon rt going down the freeway when I put a nice size hole in the block lol
Old 04-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The announcer said the bottom end came out and there was oil all over both lanes since he changed lanes at the end. It was almost 1 anyway so they went ahead and shut down early since they said it would take an hour to clean up. It was a nice night. Good weather. Lots of cars.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I might go next Friday, but it's first Friday here in gadsden so ill prolly do that instead
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

You may have see this car over the years. He goes to Steele all the time. Very minor upgrades. Very consistent car. He has been 12.2s on a really cold night.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody from here? I thought it might have been a headgasket. I remember how much smoke my Regal poured when I popped one. Announcer said the bottom end let go. Oil everywhere. Ended the night.
My brother is driving the blue Mach 1 in this race, for a friend. We talked to the guy afterwards and he said that it did indeed lay oil all over the place. I was just about to come back around in the Trailblazer when they announced they were shutting the track down.

You may have see this car over the years. He goes to Steele all the time. Very minor upgrades. Very consistent car. He has been 12.2s on a really cold night.
That is Ed's car. He has been at Steele with his Camaro ever since I moved back to Alabama and bought my SS. He is a cool guy and pretty damn fast on the light. LOL!!! His car is definitely pretty quick for what little is done to it. That last race in the video is with a buddy of mine's car that we were up there messing with trying to get it right.

Were you there Skillet?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He is really consistent... what does he have done to it?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Ed's car has a lid, catback, 3500 stall, shift kit, M6 rear end, a tune and drag radials.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
My brother is driving the blue Mach 1 in this race, for a friend. We talked to the guy afterwards and he said that it did indeed lay oil all over the place. I was just about to come back around in the Trailblazer when they announced they were shutting the track down.

That is Ed's car. He has been at Steele with his Camaro ever since I moved back to Alabama and bought my SS. He is a cool guy and pretty damn fast on the light. LOL!!! His car is definitely pretty quick for what little is done to it. That last race in the video is with a buddy of mine's car that we were up there messing with trying to get it right.

Were you there Skillet?
I always sit up top and usually away from people so I don't get a lot of comments. Ed's wife has a 2012 5.0 GT now. He brought it to Steele a couple of weeks ago. Says it went 12.7s. He'd like to put a sticky tire to it and see what it will do. He lives close to me and usually lets me know when he is going. I've even made a few passes in the SS. Keep trying to talk him into a baby cam. He doesn't want the car any louder so the stock exhaust manifolds are staying on.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

How is Lassiter Mountain hooking? Thinking about going Saturday night.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

I always sit up top and usually away from people so I don't get a lot of comments. Ed's wife has a 2012 5.0 GT now. He brought it to Steele a couple of weeks ago. Says it went 12.7s. He'd like to put a sticky tire to it and see what it will do. He lives close to me and usually lets me know when he is going. I've even made a few passes in the SS. Keep trying to talk him into a baby cam. He doesn't want the car any louder so the stock exhaust manifolds are staying on.
LMAO!!! Ya, I was trying to talk him into buying my old cam and some headers to put on it and he said that he really wanted to leave it the way it is. I even told him I have a nitrous kit laying around.

I'm usually there in the Black SS trailblazer, until I get my junk back together.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Bunch of videos. Very small crowd Friday compared to two weeks ago.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

I need to bring mine up to Steele since the crowd here in Montgomery sucks, if there is another T&T this Friday I will bring mine up there, how much is it to run?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn wishi woulda known other forum guys were there Friday night.... I didn't get any good video but I did manage to run a 13.5 @102, not bad for 2.72 gear automatic lol.. Here's my slip

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chewy99ws6
I need to bring mine up to Steele since the crowd here in Montgomery sucks, if there is another T&T this Friday I will bring mine up there, how much is it to run?
Only 10 bucks to race or spectate.... only downside is having to wait for an hour after they open they gates for them to prep the track.... They don't prep until people actually get there, its kinda annoying
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Bunch of videos. Very small crowd Friday compared to two weeks ago.

http://youtu.be/LXyIWWOB1kw

Haha u actually got my first run on video, I was the black ta that raced the 300c on the first race of the highlights video... I feel special lol
Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr Phil
Only 10 bucks to race or spectate.... only downside is having to wait for an hour after they open they gates for them to prep the track.... They don't prep until people actually get there, its kinda annoying
Thanks man, I don't mind the wait, takes me a few to unload the car off the trailer, I am assuming T&T is from 6-10 like it is here in Montgomery? I would rather come up there and hangout with other tech members than running here at MMP with a bunch of punk kids that don't respect track rules.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man, I don't mind the wait, takes me a few to unload the car off the trailer, I am assuming T&T is from 6-10 like it is here in Montgomery? I would rather come up there and hangout with other tech members than running here at MMP with a bunch of punk kids that don't respect track rules.
Actually tnt is from 9pm till either 1 or 2am depending on weather and the amount of people that show up
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

Actually tnt is from 9pm till either 1 or 2am depending on weather and the amount of people that show up
That's even better since I will have a 3 hour drive from Montgomery, is there going to be a T&T this friday?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Haha u actually got my first run on video, I was the black ta that raced the 300c on the first race of the highlights video... I feel special lol
I usually try and get a pass from most cars but tend to favor the V8s vehicles.

That's even better since I will have a 3 hour drive from Montgomery, is there going to be a T&T this friday?
They test and tune every Friday the weather permits. 9-1. They have started opening the gates earlier. The first car down the track usually isn't until 9:45-10:00. $10 to get in, free to race. Ladies get in free.

https://www.facebook.com/Alabama.Int...ragway?fref=ts

There was a small crowd this time but two weeks ago the place was loaded.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama