Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your opinion is your opinion.... I'm not going to argue with you... or the guy with the busa, hell i argue with him on the weekends... I have been in the process of getting the cage together with the paint...
I kinda have to be "tight" with money since i lost my job so things become slower...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHatRdRacer
your opinion is your opinion.... I'm not going to argue with you... or the guy with the busa, hell i argue with him on the weekends... I have been in the process of getting the cage together with the paint...
I kinda have to be "tight" with money since i lost my job so things become slower...
Well if you have all this stuff why not post it up so people will shut up? You havent posted proof of anything yet, the car, the times, the dyno sheet, nothing! Hell in the single digit section you claim 9.8X at 139, then in this section you claim 9.8X at 138. Which is it? So you run 9's without a cage? in a 6spd, no nitrous, all motor? BS! Prove it!

Last edited by Z'mnypit; 02-13-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bjamick
Well you guys have seen my beater lol. But now im looking for a new cobalt SS supercharged lol bc the stupid POS LT1 car keeps on breaking, like this weekend it lost freaking oil pressure i mean now it has absolutely no oil pressure. I even pulled the valve cover off to make sure and theres no oil coming out of the pushrods when started. So im hoping its the oil pump freaking bull ****, IM GETTING HOSED>
just wondering if you know...the supercharged cobalts REQUIRE synthetic oil...i cant specifically remember which one it recommended. we had one in the shop recently and it took 6 qts. prepare to spend a bundle on oil changes.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FL Junkie
just wondering if you know...the supercharged cobalts REQUIRE synthetic oil...i cant specifically remember which one it recommended. we had one in the shop recently and it took 6 qts. prepare to spend a bundle on oil changes.
Yes i used to own one. I had a 2005 SS supercharged. I got pics in my sig. They reqiure Mobil 1 synthetic. The oil changes for that car were just as much as my corvette. Whats funny, its only a 4 banger, but holds 6 qts of oil
Old 02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99corvette
Yes i used to own one. I had a 2005 SS supercharged. I got pics in my sig. They reqiure Mobil 1 synthetic. The oil changes for that car were just as much as my corvette. Whats funny, its only a 4 banger, but holds 6 qts of oil
How much was your insurance on it?? im just looking around and i found an 06 model for 19k brand new. only like 70 miles on it.. Im not really worried bout the oil changes bc i dont care . it would get synthetic whether it callled for it or not also 93 octane. its just how i am. Ya im looking at a $350 month car payment then whatever insurance is so thats why i am wondering. Bc i still have to have mod money for the LS1 HAHA.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

How much was your insurance on it?? im just looking around and i found an 06 model for 19k brand new. only like 70 miles on it.. Im not really worried bout the oil changes bc i dont care . it would get synthetic whether it callled for it or not also 93 octane. its just how i am. Ya im looking at a $350 month car payment then whatever insurance is so thats why i am wondering. Bc i still have to have mod money for the LS1 HAHA.
Well i had my Mom as the "primary driver" and me as the 2nd. I cant remember exactly, but it was under $100 for full coverage. Its a 4 cyl so it shouldnt be that much. I also have a clean record though too. I would recommend buying one! I loved mine, and hate that i sold it
Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Well the car is going to be under my name (so i can start my credit) so i think i have to be the primary driver right? I know my mom said that she will prob just add me as a 2nd driver on her policy. I did a quote for the bird and the cobalt and it came out to be like $1800 for 6 months . right now its only $77 for the bird for a month..
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Well the car is going to be under my name (so i can start my credit) so i think i have to be the primary driver right? I know my mom said that she will prob just add me as a 2nd driver on her policy. I did a quote for the bird and the cobalt and it came out to be like $1800 for 6 months . right now its only $77 for the bird for a month..
Where did you get that quote? Go to Allstate.com and do an online quote. I did on my new truck and they beat geico by over $300 every 6 months. Plus they have accident forgiveness and the good driver thing to where each year you have no wrecks or tickets your deductible goes down $100. Guy told me on the phone they pretty much blow everyone out of the water in this general area. Worth a shot. My truck, bike and car is $1182 every 6 months. Also have a clean record. Thank the lord for driving school..
Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

BJ- btw there is a guy in the a4 section wanting to sell a complete th350 setup. May want to check it out..
Old 02-15-2007, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

here is a pic of my newest toy. It is a 04 yfz 450 with a 06 fully built motor, hmf exhaust, +2 extended swingarm, nerf bars, dg alloy grab bar, blade handle bars. This thing is a running beast.WoW is all i can say about it.

sorry the pic isnt great i took it from my cell phone

Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

sweet 4 wheeler man. But ya Vann that was with allstate and that was even putting the bird down as a personal car to where i hardly drive it. Still expensive..
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

sweet 4 wheeler man. But ya Vann that was with allstate and that was even putting the bird down as a personal car to where i hardly drive it. Still expensive..
I forgot your young to. Your screwed, lol...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
I forgot your young to. Your screwed, lol...
haha that sux, well my mom said that she will add me under her as a 2nd driver so it will be cheap again i hope!!!! . Ive also prob got like 4 tickets on my record right now. But its been like lil over a year since i got my last one.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

haha that sux, well my mom said that she will add me under her as a 2nd driver so it will be cheap again i hope!!!! . Ive also prob got like 4 tickets on my record right now. But its been like lil over a year since i got my last one.
Yep your screwed. Most insurance companies go back 5 years.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Yep your screwed. Most insurance companies go back 5 years.
Ya well **** happens just gotta roll with it. Im sure it wont be too bad once i give the insurance comp. a call and tell them what im doing. Ill prob set my trans am as my daily and the more expensive cobalt as the garage queen so it will be cheaper bc the ta is worth less than the cobalt sadly
Old 02-15-2007, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Ya well **** happens just gotta roll with it. Im sure it wont be too bad once i give the insurance comp. a call and tell them what im doing. Ill prob set my trans am as my daily and the more expensive cobalt as the garage queen so it will be cheaper bc the ta is worth less than the cobalt sadly
The cobalt will have to have full coverage because it will be financed just fyi..Id put the TA on limited liability (sp). Saying you only drive it like a couple thousand miles a year.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

ya im going to do something like that ill just have to check around to see how i can get the best price. I know about the full coverage thing thats no problem. I just want to make it the lowest price for full coverage. Ya ive only put 5k miles on my TA in 3 years lol. So something needs to happen with the insurance price. Oh and im bout to sale the LT1 if you know anyone that is interested lol. Im bout to replace the oil pump, and it just got a new ignition switch. Im gonna try and get 3gs for it. If any1 can get me more than 3gs for it they can have anything thats over the 3k mark..
Old 02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

I would recommend the Cobalt SS/SC. You get a fast car, but still have great gas mileage. They look cool and are fun to drive. Plus the 2 tone interior option is amazing. The only reason i got rid of mine, i was tired of waiting for the stage 2 package from GM to come out, so i traded it straight up for the Corvette.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Ya thats what im wanting is the supercharged version i found one for 19k..
Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah stay on your parents insurance as long as you can. im still on my dads insurance...but i pay it of course. its cheaper that way.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama