Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Any updates BJ? Everbodys been real quite the past couple weeks.
Ya it has been quite lol but looks like im the only one spending any money whats up with that???

Well i got my Green LED interior all in and working. Looks sweet and different which is what i like. Also bought a License plate LED setup with white and red LED's it should look pretty sweet.

Tim From PTC called me and told me hes gunna have my converter shipped out by the middle of this week for the TH350. I bought a new BMR Crossmemeber friday from Thunder racing it should prob be here tomorrow i hope. Hoping to get it in this week and get the cam in maybe but we will just have to see and may have to wait til the next weekend to do the springs, cam, timing chain, and all that good stuff .

Any updates on your 4L80E problems you were having? You get all those bugs out?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Well I would like to get an SLP underdrive pulley before i do the cam install seeing as ill be down there anyways. After the cam i guess ill either get gomer to tune it or get marcus to tune bc i know both of them have got years of experience and ive seen some of their tuned cars haul some ***.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya... Seems like your making good progress. You put green leds in the red car? or the green car? I made my tag light a couple years ago with LED and curcuit board. I think I have right at 22leds on in it. Its so bright.

Yeah Ive heard alot about marcus's tunning abilities. Didnt you by HPtuners? Why not do it your self? Its really not that bad, just read all the stickes in the PCM section and you'll get the hang of it quick.

Honestly, I havent even touched my car. Havent really did any thing on any LS1 lately. I tuned a 98 Z28 last sunday, and 99 WS6 a couple days before but thats it. Ive bought two 87 supra's/turbo/5spd that ive been working on. Going to make me a new DD. Maybe since its suppose to nice this weekend Ill swap my dipstick tube out and Ill be done with my car. Just cant find enough time to do all this stuff. So if anybody has any spare time they want to sell let me know. Im interested.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Veteran

I put green LED's in the red car bc i wanted to be different and not like everyone else with the blue and white.
Ya ive got the HPtuners but i really have no clue what to mess with like for the cam and stuff like that, so it will idle at a light in 1st gear and all that good stuff. I wish someone could do like a tutoring program lol i would be on that bc i would like to learn but i dont wana jack my car up trying to though. I prob need to ask Marcus if he could show me a thing or two on it like what to mess with and stuff like that. I know gomer only does Dyno tunes, he doesn't really do it as a street tune. Marcus will prob ride with me around and see what it does and mess with it from there and and just keep doing that til he gets it right.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bjamick
I put green LED's in the red car bc i wanted to be different and not like everyone else with the blue and white.
Ya ive got the HPtuners but i really have no clue what to mess with like for the cam and stuff like that, so it will idle at a light in 1st gear and all that good stuff. I wish someone could do like a tutoring program lol i would be on that bc i would like to learn but i dont wana jack my car up trying to though. I prob need to ask Marcus if he could show me a thing or two on it like what to mess with and stuff like that. I know gomer only does Dyno tunes, he doesn't really do it as a street tune. Marcus will prob ride with me around and see what it does and mess with it from there and and just keep doing that til he gets it right.
LOL, christmas isnt until December! JK! Its not as bad as it sounds, its fairly simple once you learn the basics. And if you save a stock untouched tune from your car even if you did make changes that wasnt right you could put the stock tune back in. Its takes time though, Ive had HPTuners for over 2 years and im still learning. The H/C cars are easy, it the bigger ci motors that a pita... I cant tell you how many hours I have ridding around logging then changing things. It gets addicitve once you get the hang of it.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive bought two 87 supra's/turbo/5spd that ive been working on. Going to make me a new DD. .

Now we know who makes all the money!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by firefightergib
Isn't that the truth He'll be upping the boost in no time haha.

Everyone keeps telling me its gunna look like christmas gaw . Its an Eerie green color and looks like your gunna die if you sit inside it lol. thats why i liked it. but its not like i cant change the color in bout 30 min and $20 later.

Ya im gunna get someone to show me some things on it and how to do stuff and then ill start to mess with it. I just dont wana hurt my car and it blow up or some **** lol
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firefightergib
I wish! Only payed $2000 for both of them. One needs a transmission and the other needed a head gasket. So between two of them I can make a good car, lol. Both are clean straight cars so I figured why not.

BJ- you still dating the Springville Gal? if so like I mentioned before next time your out that way give me a call, Ill show you a few things. My interior is all bright white LED's but they look blue after I put them in.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

I wish! Only payed $2000 for both of them. One needs a transmission and the other needed a head gasket. So between two of them I can make a good car, lol. Both are clean straight cars so I figured why not.

BJ- you still dating the Springville Gal? if so like I mentioned before next time your out that way give me a call, Ill show you a few things. My interior is all bright white LED's but they look blue after I put them in.
LOL sorta dating her i guess See you even went white justttt likeee everyone else blah blah blahhhhh. . Maybe sometime ya ill ride by there and i still got ya number.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

LOL sorta dating her i guess See you even went white justttt likeee everyone else blah blah blahhhhh. . Maybe sometime ya ill ride by there and i still got ya number.
I hear ya... Mines been done for a couple years now. When I did it they didnt have the kits out yet so I had to fab all the sockets and resistors.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Ewww that had 2 sukkk, i didn't buy the kit either i just bought the type of LED's that will just plug in to the stock spot

Anyone else on here done LEDs in their cars??? If you want i can put them in your Trans am in bout 20 min. just let me know and ill do it for ya
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hello everyone...just saying hello. I live out in walker county and just wondering if yall are still meeting up everyonce in awhile
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Kev SS
Hello everyone...just saying hello. I live out in walker county and just wondering if yall are still meeting up everyonce in awhile
Hey man welcome to LS1tech, ya ever now and again we have a lil meet but its been awhile. We actually should start planning another one.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

We actually should start planning another one.
You going to walk to the meet if we have another? Sorry I had to. Just messin with ya man!

The next one should be at steele on a sunday.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

You going to walk to the meet if we have another? Sorry I had to. Just messin with ya man!

Uh oh you got jokes. Well my brother wont stop setting me up races lol and the car is broke.

Hes wanting me now to race some ferrari f430 from a dig. Looks like when i get it running and teh cam in, its time to up the jets to a 150 shot haha and do my best
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I'm gonna be there Sunday...You get the trans figured out on yours Vann?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2k1bird
I'm gonna be there Sunday...You get the trans figured out on yours Vann?
Yeah, there wasnt ever anything wrong with the trans. It was just hitting the trans tunnel causing vibration on the inside. I havent even bothered fixing it yet though. I may just ride up there sunday and watch if I can get time.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, there wasnt ever anything wrong with the trans. It was just hitting the trans tunnel causing vibration on the inside. I havent even bothered fixing it yet though. I may just ride up there sunday and watch if I can get time.
I probably won't make any passes, but I would like to see kp's car and cablebandit's car run again...low 10's, high 9's on mild boost??? This I gotta see...
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

gahh i would love to see KP's car run
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

ive seen kp's car run and it is very impressive. ill be there sunday though.
Would some of yall be up for meeting up a little bit earlier somewhere and grabbing a bite to eat?

Quick Reply: central and north alabama