Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i found a place and they are gunna charge $68/ hour to mess with it wtf
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick
i found a place and they are gunna charge $68/ hour to mess with it wtf
And you cant get them out yourself? Maybe try a small propane tourch on them to try to loossen them up.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

ya we've heated them up with a lil torch thing and then beat the hell out of it some more, but it still didn't budge . I think ill just buy some more manifolds and be done with it. Somebody jsut told me that they have a set off of a Z28 that they will sale to me for $30
Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

ya we've heated them up with a lil torch thing and then beat the hell out of it some more, but it still didn't budge . I think ill just buy some more manifolds and be done with it. Somebody jsut told me that they have a set off of a Z28 that they will sale to me for $30
True, that does sound a little easer and cheaper. I dont remember mine being that hard to get out.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot!!! Cam is in and it sounds awsome. Maybe I will see some of yall at G11?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Teching In

hey i'm from birmingham.i know i'm a little late posting but i was just wanting to get to know some people in my area.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by secretpyg
hey i'm from birmingham.i know i'm a little late posting but i was just wanting to get to know some people in my area.
Where abouts in Bham? What do you drive?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Well hey guys, me and a couple of my F-body friends are going to be starting up like a v-8 club of some sort and were trying to think up a cool name that we can put on our cars and have meets and stuff like that.. Any of you guys be interested. Or have any suggestions on a name??
Old 03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

I think i would live to far away.....
Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Well hey guys, me and a couple of my F-body friends are going to be starting up like a v-8 club of some sort and were trying to think up a cool name that we can put on our cars and have meets and stuff like that.. Any of you guys be interested. Or have any suggestions on a name??
Been there and done that. Its kinda pointless in a way other then having cool stickers. There were about 5 of us a couple years ago that did that. It was "Wicked Racing". We had signs make up some cool stickers that went on the front windshield. But maybe once or twice did we ever get all together.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Well im sure we will setup a bunch of stuff so that away we can meet up and go out to eat and stuff like that. Maybe even get all of us into the world of wheels. Cmon Vann you should think about it, we haven't thought up a name yet for it but were trying to come up with something. I know Jason Harney said he would like to do something like that. Also my Buddy anthony in the blue WS6 with the HP evo wheels and lowered is wanting to start it.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Well im sure we will setup a bunch of stuff so that away we can meet up and go out to eat and stuff like that. Maybe even get all of us into the world of wheels. Cmon Vann you should think about it, we haven't thought up a name yet for it but were trying to come up with something. I know Jason Harney said he would like to do something like that. Also my Buddy anthony in the blue WS6 with the HP evo wheels and lowered is wanting to start it.
I may... Jason's lazy *** isnt going to do anything. All he wants to do is sit at home with his woman. I havent seen him in a long time. I see and talk to his brother Kent all the time. Mainly cause he keeps tearing up his car and Im the one that has to fix it. I was wondering who Kent sold my old wheels to. I had those wheels on my car for the LS1tech calendar then after that I sold them to Kent. I asked him who bought them but he didnt know. I even seen them yesterday in Trussville.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Yep my Buddy Anthony bought them and he has an 01 WS6 Im not for sure what the color is but its the Kinda dark blue but he has sportlines with those wheels on it with HID's on it. It looks really good but bad thing is, which i told him your body is writing checks you motor can't cash lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Yep my Buddy Anthony bought them and he has an 01 WS6 Im not for sure what the color is but its the Kinda dark blue but he has sportlines with those wheels on it with HID's on it. It looks really good but bad thing is, which i told him your body is writing checks you motor can't cash lol.
Yep, I seen it NBM is the color I believe. That may be true but I bet his out runs yours right now. Just messing with ya man. Any luck on the 4l60e? Any on your car?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Yep, I seen it NBM is the color I believe. That may be true but I bet his out runs yours right now. Just messing with ya man. Any luck on the 4l60e? Any on your car?
Harsh words , well my shifter is on back order til the 15th of this month . So i dont see the point realy in buying everything right now until i know i can get the shifter. Hopefully one day this month it will be done, i was hoping to get it done while it was still cold so i could get a good time out of it at the track .
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Harsh words , well my shifter is on back order til the 15th of this month . So i dont see the point realy in buying everything right now until i know i can get the shifter. Hopefully one day this month it will be done, i was hoping to get it done while it was still cold so i could get a good time out of it at the track .
Thats sucks. You cant use the stock shifter? What about the 4l60e did you fet it off to its new owner?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Ya Vann the tranny has been sent to him and i think he should have gotten it 2day. Ya but i dunno bout the stock shifter bc the TH350 is a reverse valve body. Ill just wait til next week before i buy the Crossmember and send the torque converter off i guess. Just have everything kinda waiting on the shifter. Ive still gotta hook up all my new LED's in the interior to and hook up a purge kit, just too much to list but ill have it done once the shifter gets here. Its the only thing holding me back.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Ya Vann the tranny has been sent to him and i think he should have gotten it 2day. Ya but i dunno bout the stock shifter bc the TH350 is a reverse valve body. Ill just wait til next week before i buy the Crossmember and send the torque converter off i guess. Just have everything kinda waiting on the shifter. Ive still gotta hook up all my new LED's in the interior to and hook up a purge kit, just too much to list but ill have it done once the shifter gets here. Its the only thing holding me back.
Gotcha. Least you dont have to worry about that 4l60e anymore. You'll get it finished soon enough.

Me and Kent are thinking of ridding to steele this sunday. I finished wiring up his dual stage kit/window switch last night. All we have to do is test it now. I still havent touched my car but it should make some decent passes. I know its suppose to be cool this sunday so were thinking of hitting it up. Nothing in stone yet though.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Gaw i bet his car will run pretty good with 2 stages on it Ya im glad the 60E is gone bc i hate those stupid things. I might ride up there this sunday just let me know. I might bring a bike
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Gaw i bet his car will run pretty good with 2 stages on it Ya im glad the 60E is gone bc i hate those stupid things. I might ride up there this sunday just let me know. I might bring a bike
Yep its a nice little setup. Dual stage plate system on a forged 347. Only problem is he's still on the 60e. I keep trying to convince him to go 4l80e.

Yay!! Post 1000.. Damn this is a long as thread

Last edited by Z'mnypit; 04-03-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama