Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well before i was going to ship it to the guy i was having you know who go through it first to make sure everything was good.. Well then i asked the guy if he wanted him to go ahead and put in a Transgo shift kit while hes going through it, and the guy said ya. Well i wrote a check to the tranny guy for everything that he will need to buy and some for him on the side. Well hes had it for bout 2 weeks now and i cant get ahold of him to see whats going on. I heard something fell off of a lift or something and hurt his leg or something im not really for sure, so i told the guy bout it and now the guy is like well i need it this week and if i can't then i want my money back.

SoooOO if he wants his money back im going to have to scrounge up $1000 out of my ***.. So i left Mr. T a message bout it and im waiting for him to call back

So before i buy the crossmember i wana know if i need to start saving some money or not.. Know what i mean.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick
Well before i was going to ship it to the guy i was having you know who go through it first to make sure everything was good.. Well then i asked the guy if he wanted him to go ahead and put in a Transgo shift kit while hes going through it, and the guy said ya. Well i wrote a check to the tranny guy for everything that he will need to buy and some for him on the side. Well hes had it for bout 2 weeks now and i cant get ahold of him to see whats going on. I heard something fell off of a lift or something and hurt his leg or something im not really for sure, so i told the guy bout it and now the guy is like well i need it this week and if i can't then i want my money back.

SoooOO if he wants his money back im going to have to scrounge up $1000 out of my ***.. So i left Mr. T a message bout it and im waiting for him to call back

So before i buy the crossmember i wana know if i need to start saving some money or not.. Know what i mean.
Thats sucks man, but for some reason Im not one bit surprised by what your going through if you know what I mean. Its ridiculous for someone to be like that.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bham here. Too busy truckin' up-n-down the road though. BTW...I'll need a tuner shortly. Will probably be at Walker's. Have BS3; T70; stock engine for now; no more than 5-6 lbs boost. Also there'll be a GN on FAST needing a tune. Any GOOD candidates out there??
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WindWalker
Bham here. Too busy truckin' up-n-down the road though. BTW...I'll need a tuner shortly. Will probably be at Walker's. Have BS3; T70; stock engine for now; no more than 5-6 lbs boost. Also there'll be a GN on FAST needing a tune. Any GOOD candidates out there??
Whats up man. I noticed in your car domain you had Brett's car in there. Did he ever get that running or finished? I remember going to barely legal and seeing him working on it. Man that was at least 3-4 yrs ago. Did he fab your kit to? I always heard he was really good at doing that.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Whats up man. I noticed in your car domain you had Brett's car in there. Did he ever get that running or finished? I remember going to barely legal and seeing him working on it. Man that was at least 3-4 yrs ago. Did he fab your kit to? I always heard he was really good at doing that.
What's up. I might remember ya if I saw ya. Then I was a newbie (and still am I guess) to everyone there. PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME HOW LONG IT'S BEEN!!! At least I still have my CDLs!! Yup...Car's FINALLY done now. Still has some things to do to finalize it for now. Yeah...he did the whole kit. Many many PITA things...like redo the pass. side header 5 times, keeping the AC, getting the turbo off the repositioned radiator, where to fit/put LTA cooler, etc. Bought a Spec 3 (I think...been too long ago) when it first went to BL. It goes in this week just so we can get on the dyno and not burn up the stock one. Also add 36# inj. and a 255 pump. Got the 9 inch but gonna wait til the tune. Not a good idea to break it in on the dyno!! After the tune I'm gonna enjoy it for a bit and then completely redo fuel system and better clutch. Then the REALLY fun part!! I'm leaning towards a built LS2 and upgrade to a T76. That should do it then. Lot more to say but I'll do it later. All Brett's car needs is a turbo. Says he's not gonna finish his til he completely finishes mine. He could get his going in a week or less if he wanted. C ya...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Good to see you the other day Tim... I didn't even recognize you the other times I have sold you parts. I'm glad you brought up the cars the other day to make me realize who you were! lol Did you give Marcus a call yet?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

So is anyone gonna head to Steele this weekend? I'm probably going to go Sunday as long as the weather stays nice. Probably won't go Friday night unless I get bored around here.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

I want to, but this wekend doenst look promising. I should be there next weekend though. Still havent even got to touch my car yet.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2k1bird
So is anyone gonna head to Steele this weekend? I'm probably going to go Sunday as long as the weather stays nice. Probably won't go Friday night unless I get bored around here.
Going tonight because I have to work on Sunday.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Well my car would be really close but im still waiting to hear from my damn tranny guy i think im going to ride up to his work and talk face to face and 4get about this Phone and leaving voicemail BULL **** and get to the bottom of why he hasn't called me back and why he isn't done yet. That guy is needing that tranny soon and i cant even get a call back. Never again will i deal with this guy ... Im ready to have my car back together and hes the one holding me back. THIS FOOOOOKING BULL ****
Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Well my car would be really close but im still waiting to hear from my damn tranny guy i think im going to ride up to his work and talk face to face and 4get about this Phone and leaving voicemail BULL **** and get to the bottom of why he hasn't called me back and why he isn't done yet. That guy is needing that tranny soon and i cant even get a call back. Never again will i deal with this guy ... Im ready to have my car back together and hes the one holding me back. THIS FOOOOOKING BULL ****
Thats the best thing to do is to go up there and raise hell. Thats what kent did. I tried telling you it was going to happen. Theres no reason to be like that, ecspecially when someone is paying you. You could call up there and ask to speak to him or management and explain whats going on. Or you could Just go pick it up, and take it to billy and tell him you need it yesterday.

You get your trans?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats the best thing to do is to go up there and raise hell. Thats what kent did. I tried telling you it was going to happen. Theres no reason to be like that, ecspecially when someone is paying you. You could call up there and ask to speak to him or management and explain whats going on. Or you could Just go pick it up, and take it to billy and tell him you need it yesterday.

You get your trans?
Well i couldn't make it up there 2day bc i just got a call from the shipping company on my new transmission so i didn't want to leave bc i knew if i did that it would show up while i was gone . So maybe monday i guess ill go up there on my lunch. This is some serious BULL ****. Well atleast my new tranny is here so all ive got to buy is the crossmember and get the torque converter sent off and im ready to go. BUTTT Mr. T has my tranns and converter right now bc i just gave it to him all in one piece which was stupid but hwo would of thought it takes like 2-3 weeks to build a damn tranny seriously man W T F??
Guess i just needed to VENT a lil. But seriously im bout to lose it!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Well i couldn't make it up there 2day bc i just got a call from the shipping company on my new transmission so i didn't want to leave bc i knew if i did that it would show up while i was gone . So maybe monday i guess ill go up there on my lunch. This is some serious BULL ****. Well atleast my new tranny is here so all ive got to buy is the crossmember and get the torque converter sent off and im ready to go. BUTTT Mr. T has my tranns and converter right now bc i just gave it to him all in one piece which was stupid but hwo would of thought it takes like 2-3 weeks to build a damn tranny seriously man W T F??
Guess i just needed to VENT a lil. But seriously im bout to lose it!!!
Get your dad to run over there. It isnt far for him. Myabe all will play out quick and you can get that other guy his trans. I know Id be pissed to if I was him. Not saying its your fault, I know exaclty what the problem is. lol. You should call up there and ask them if the trans is there, if so id arrange to have it picked up.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Well unbelievably i just got ahold of him but he said that his phone charger was in a customers car and that he just got his phone back. He said that hes done with the tranny and that i can pick it up tomorrow . So but anyways look what just came in

Jackson Performance did a great job at packaging the Tranny

The tranny looks pretty good but the paint on the outside isn't that great but o well Noone will ever see it

Oh and look at how much the thing weighs which is actually pretty light

and som nice pics of the new beater that took place of the corolla

I've gotta call or get ahold of Jackson's to see why i didn't get the converter even though i dont need it but i did pay for it and i know somebody that will buy it
Old 03-24-2007, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

I want to, but this wekend doenst look promising. I should be there next weekend though. Still havent even got to touch my car yet.
Weren't you telling me before that you and kent had your cars ready to go back when my car was in the body shop? What have you got left to do on it?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2k1bird
Weren't you telling me before that you and kent had your cars ready to go back when my car was in the body shop? What have you got left to do on it?
Mines ready, Just drives me crazy listening to everything rattle because of the trans rubbing in the tunnel, so Im going to fix it.

Kents, well Ive got like two wires left to hook up on his NX kit and its completely done. Didnt want to hook them up until he broke the motor in, because if I did I knew what would happen, he spray it and screw it up again.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Well guys i need some help... Do any of you guys know of a good exhaust shop that will fix up my LT1?? When i was doing the oil pupm of course i had to drop the exhaust, Sooo when i was unbolting the exhaust from the flang on the manifold 2 out of the 3 bolt broke off on each side. So only 1 bolt is holding the exhaust up on each side. I took it up to midas and they were like "we dont have the tools to do it" All i want done is the old bolts out and new bolts in. Seems like an easy job for an exhaust company .

Well if any of you guys know of a place that will do this then let me know and ill tank you a million lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Well guys i need some help... Do any of you guys know of a good exhaust shop that will fix up my LT1?? When i was doing the oil pupm of course i had to drop the exhaust, Sooo when i was unbolting the exhaust from the flang on the manifold 2 out of the 3 bolt broke off on each side. So only 1 bolt is holding the exhaust up on each side. I took it up to midas and they were like "we dont have the tools to do it" All i want done is the old bolts out and new bolts in. Seems like an easy job for an exhaust company .

Well if any of you guys know of a place that will do this then let me know and ill tank you a million lol.
Screw it, just have it welded. Those rusted *** exhaust bolts are a real pain to get out. I replace all mine my self, just beat them out and then went to ace and got new bolts and nuts.

Did you get the oil pressure issue fixed though?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Screw it, just have it welded. Those rusted *** exhaust bolts are a real pain to get out. I replace all mine my self, just beat them out and then went to ace and got new bolts and nuts.

Did you get the oil pressure issue fixed though?
I tried beating them out but the damn thigs wouldn't budge. Ya the oil pressure is fine bc i drove it this weekend with the massive exhaust leak. Even busted up 2 s2k's and a GT LOL. So it is driveable but isn't running like its supposed to . i hope it doesn't cost much to fix it, but thats what me and my brother were going to do was knock them out and then put new bolts in.

I need this done this week bc i know someone who is already ready to buy the car but wants the exhaust leak fixed so thats why im in a hurry to get it done...
Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

I tried beating them out but the damn thigs wouldn't budge. Ya the oil pressure is fine bc i drove it this weekend with the massive exhaust leak. Even busted up 2 s2k's and a GT LOL. So it is driveable but isn't running like its supposed to . i hope it doesn't cost much to fix it, but thats what me and my brother were going to do was knock them out and then put new bolts in.

I need this done this week bc i know someone who is already ready to buy the car but wants the exhaust leak fixed so thats why im in a hurry to get it done...

If all else fails get a bigger hammer. Least you got the oil pressure issue fixed. Maybe Jeffs muffler in Oneonta could do it. Maybe give them a call and see.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama