Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ok. I was going to go to super chevy, but i started on my clutch instead.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99corvette
Oh ok. I was going to go to super chevy, but i started on my clutch instead.
you got that clutch in yet?

Vann so whats wrong with your car, tell the truth lets hear what ya broke.....

Whats everyone else working on or are they just leaving their cars alone??

Im working on getting a fast 90/90 setup but bills and rent wont let me do it
Old 05-22-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick

Duno yet, Gota put it on the lift to find out. It will be this weekend before I touch it. You dont need a 90/90 setup with a cam only. Save your money until later on when you go bigger cubes or something. Get you a set of heads and LS6 intake instead.

Rent? Thought you lived at home.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

No i had to order a new master cyl and get my flywheel resurfaced.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Well I had the money saved up to go and buy a stall and tires but I blew the motor up in my four wheeler so decided to go bigger and badder with it right now. Who knew you could sink $1800 in a four wheeler motor(thats including labor)? I put a lift on my truck which turned into one hell of a project because after I got the lift done I decided to go play a little bit and broke something in the 4WD and blew a head gasket. So Ive been busy braking things and trying to fix stuff. Also my sister blew the motor up in her Honda and i have been rebuilding it and trying to get it going. I be glad to get everything back going so i can play.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Gah firefighter, sounds like your having some Breaking problems ..

Vann; Ya i live at home but that doesn't mean im getting off that easy ya i gotta pay rent and all the other bills for the **** i have .. I need to make more money lol . Well i was told that if i got a fast 90/90 setup that it will prob drop me 2 tenths so i thought that was pretty good, and was told that an LS6 intake and PP TB would drop me maybe a tenth..

Now ive gotta figure out what is wrong with my LT1 bc its ticking unfortunately and ive put it off for bout 3 weeks.. I think its just a lifter making some noise bc it still has high oil pressure .
Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Vann; Ya i live at home but that doesn't mean im getting off that easy ya i gotta pay rent and all the other bills for the **** i have .. I need to make more money lol . Well i was told that if i got a fast 90/90 setup that it will prob drop me 2 tenths so i thought that was pretty good, and was told that an LS6 intake and PP TB would drop me maybe a tenth..

Now ive gotta figure out what is wrong with my LT1 bc its ticking unfortunately and ive put it off for bout 3 weeks.. I think its just a lifter making some noise bc it still has high oil pressure .
Maybe so, but over a grand for 2 tenths.. When you spend $350 and get a tenth. Im telling you Id go with a set of heads and LS6 intake. You'll pick up more than a couple tenths..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/718839-questions-about-fast-90-90-a.html

On the LT1 have you ever messed with the rockers?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Maybe so, but over a grand for 2 tenths.. When you spend $350 and get a tenth. Im telling you Id go with a set of heads and LS6 intake. You'll pick up more than a couple tenths..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718839

On the LT1 have you ever messed with the rockers?
Nope it was ticking before i messed with them. But once i heard the ticking took the valve cover off to see if maybe something had broke and i seen on one rocker the back of it was way jacked up higher than all the rockers and i thought maybe i had bent a pushrod. So i took that one rocker off and checked the pushrod and it wasn't bent so i just put the PR back in and then tightened back down the nut on the rocker..

Hmm well is there anyone around that could do some porting on an LS6?? I was told this information from Gomer AKA Scott.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Nope it was ticking before i messed with them. But once i heard the ticking took the valve cover off to see if maybe something had broke and i seen on one rocker the back of it was way jacked up higher than all the rockers and i thought maybe i had bent a pushrod. So i took that one rocker off and checked the pushrod and it wasn't bent so i just put the PR back in and then tightened back down the nut on the rocker..

Hmm well is there anyone around that could do some porting on an LS6?? I was told this information from Gomer AKA Scott.
Might want to start with the preload on the rockers. On my LT1 I had to adjust them like you standard 350. Tighten them till you could barely twist the PR. If it is the lifters they are easy to replace, all you have to remove is the intake. Let me know if you need a set. Ive still got some.

Bo white may be porting one them. I know he was port matching the runners to the heads on the FAST... Shouldnt even need it ported, its not that restricted. I made over 600hp on one on the jug. I doubt you'll be getting seeing that much so I would worry about it unless you just set on doing it.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Might want to start with the preload on the rockers. On my LT1 I had to adjust them like you standard 350. Tighten them till you could barely twist the PR. If it is the lifters they are easy to replace, all you have to remove is the intake. Let me know if you need a set. Ive still got some.

Bo white may be porting one them. I know he was port matching the runners to the heads on the FAST... Shouldnt even need it ported, its not that restricted. I made over 600hp on one on the jug. I doubt you'll be getting seeing that much so I would worry about it unless you just set on doing it.
Well on the LT1 i sprayed it with a 100 wet shot on a sat nite at the track jsut to have some fun. Well it drove fine all the way back home and on the way to work that monday morning, it wasn't until the ride home from work that i noticed it ticking and i parked it and then did what i told ya. Maybe it just needs the rockers preloaded i hope thats it anyways. I dont want to spend no bunch of money on this car. I just like to beat on it ever now and again..
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Well, the trans. is under the truck, just have to finish some wiring and put new u-joints
in the driveshaft and she should be rolling.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

congrats Andy (91redchevy)!

By the way 91redchevy old GTO got wrecked by the new owner last weekend and i saw pics of it and it looks rough. The owner told me it rolled twice and then hit a tree. Does not look to good for the GTO being repaired.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I need to see this GTO...of all the people that showed up at Steele Friday, I never thought it would have been you Vann Few of us went up to Guntersville for the weekend. Anyone planning on going to Steele anytime soon? I haven't been in awhile so maybe I'll finally see something new run lol.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

i have a few pics that i took from my cell phone. They are not the best resolution but thats all i got. After looking at the car in person i dont think that iit rolled. the doors, mirrors, roof, glass, hood all is unhurt, but it did buckle the control arms under

Last edited by firefightergib; 05-23-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Ewwww now that sux, poor lil GTO, wonder how much he wants for it
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of suspension parts do you guys run? =) LS1 guys... =p
Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by OMGWTFBODY
What kind of suspension parts do you guys run? =) LS1 guys... =p
Im stock susp.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

John- Yeah yeah.... We actually rode up to bike night and there was no one hardly there so we decided to ride up to steele to see what was up there. There was a ton of bikes, maybe 1-2 fast cars and thousands of imports. That place was packed. I never seen the same car run more then once. I thought about going maybe sunday. Still gota see if I broke anything or not.

Damn, Andy told me the new owner wrecked it. That sucks.. It defiantly didnt roll. How did he manage to do it? Lack of experience with the LS1 power?

Im running UMI adjustable PHB, UMI non adjustable LCA's, Relocation brackets, UMI SFC's, & stock springs. I think thats it.. I was cutting low 1.50's in the 60'
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Ewwww now that sux, poor lil GTO, wonder how much he wants for it
Already working on it , gotta wait till he sees what the insurance is gonna do.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 91redchevy
Already working on it , gotta wait till he sees what the insurance is gonna do.
I would like to see what the damage is, if there is no frame damage (which it looks like there is) then i bet it wouldn't be to too expensive to fix it..

Quick Reply: central and north alabama