Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove the truck a little this afternoon, so far I am happy with the trans. Had one minor
issue but don't think it's a big deal. It may be 'cause I've been driving my ext. cab, but
this thing feels as fast or faster than the gto I had. I guess we'll see once I get everything
broke in and take her to the track.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:44 AM
12 Second Club

Is that really per se an "issue" I hope it is!!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Just thought I'd bring this back up to the top and see what you guys are doing.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing much here, Just working on a honda lol. Which reminds me.

Josh, is it possible to leave the trans in place while removing the motor? If I can leave it then theres no point in taking it out.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im doing nothing, just having trouble with tranny fluid blowing out where the coolant lines come into the side of the tranny at WOT. I've gotta get some flared fittings or something..
Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

New driveshaft, rear axle bearing replacment, gears, and diagnosing a temp problem. Car runs fine and temp is normal 180ish then ill shut off the car go inside a store, and cut it back on tempguage will jump up then back down to the proper temp. Not sure if its a bad temp sensor, sticking thermostat or what. Water pump was replaced in August with a brand new one so I seriously doubt thats it.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by godspeed1976
New driveshaft, rear axle bearing replacment, gears, and diagnosing a temp problem. Car runs fine and temp is normal 180ish then ill shut off the car go inside a store, and cut it back on tempguage will jump up then back down to the proper temp. Not sure if its a bad temp sensor, sticking thermostat or what. Water pump was replaced in August with a brand new one so I seriously doubt thats it.
How much does it jump up? And when you start driving does it come right back
down? Just asking cause you know when you shut a car off it'll heat up cause
the coolant isn't circulating, and it does it more so in hot weather especially on
pavement.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Nothing much here, Just working on a honda lol. Which reminds me.

Josh, is it possible to leave the trans in place while removing the motor? If I can leave it then theres no point in taking it out.

yeah you can leave the trans. in. what all are you going to have to do to the motor. If you dont have to change the crank out i always rebuild them with the motor still in the car. Let me know what parts you need i can bring them to you this evening or sometime wed. or thurs..
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firefightergib
yeah you can leave the trans. in. what all are you going to have to do to the motor. If you dont have to change the crank out i always rebuild them with the motor still in the car. Let me know what parts you need i can bring them to you this evening or sometime wed. or thurs..
Well I know the #1 rod is broke. You can spin it over by hand and the piston just sits there so I know its broke. Im going to pull the pan this afternoon to see if the crank is in good shape and if so, Im just going to re ring it, and put new rod bolts in. And a head gasket kit.

One last thing, do you reuse the stock head bolts?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

i reuse them and have never had a problem at all about having a blown head gasket or a leak
Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

well i sold the truck and still trying to sell the four wheeler. I am asking 4000 for the four wheeler and a trailer and helmet goes with it. Here are some pics if anyone is interested.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firefightergib
i reuse them and have never had a problem at all about having a blown head gasket or a leak
Good deal. Well hopefully the crank want be messed up and no peices of the block are in the pan and Ill be in business. I should only need a rod and thats it then. Might as well re-ring it to.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the parts Josh! You wouldnt happen to know where a complete d16y7 is would you?

Btw- if any of yall havent seen this you need to start making plans, That encludes you BJ! You know everyone is going to want to see you make some passes, and also this could be your meet you were wanting to have. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...10#post7200710

Guess that means I got take my rear out and see whats up. Oh well that will give me an excuse to powdercoat some parts. I bought a powdercoating kit last week and have been playing around with it so if any of yall need anything powder coated let me know.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

i know a guy that sells those motors but he wants $795 shipped and comes with a warranty. Im in on the meet, if you need help with the honda or pulling the rear end out vann let me know. I only work every 3 days so i have a bunch of time off.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the parts Josh! You wouldnt happen to know where a complete d16y7 is would you?

Btw- if any of yall havent seen this you need to start making plans, That encludes you BJ! You know everyone is going to want to see you make some passes, and also this could be your meet you were wanting to have. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...10#post7200710

Guess that means I got take my rear out and see whats up. Oh well that will give me an excuse to powdercoat some parts. I bought a powdercoating kit last week and have been playing around with it so if any of yall need anything powder coated let me know.
Aight man ill try and make it and see what she will do, even though its gunna be freaking hott .. Also i have to fix the tranny bc tranny fluid is still shooting out where the coolant lines go into the tranny???

Anyways guy do yall have any idea what this ticking could be?? Check out this video of my LT1 and tell me if you have any idea whether this is a lifter ticking or maybe just a bent pushrod or maybe even a rocker that needs re adjusted???
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey firefighter, nice yfz. What all is done to i? I see Gibson a-arms and swingarm. Is it a roundhousing swingarm? What are the lenghts on both? Also are those Works shocks? What kind of motor mods?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blk00ss
hey firefighter, nice yfz. What all is done to i? I see Gibson a-arms and swingarm. Is it a roundhousing swingarm? What are the lenghts on both? Also are those Works shocks? What kind of motor mods?

The a-arms are actually Houser +2 a-arms (my name is Gibson, thats why on aarms), It is a roundhousing swingarm +4, Works shocks w/ reservoir, everything in the bottom in is new WR items to make it a true 450, New cylinder, New cylinder head casting, new valves, new guides, new cams, new timing chain, new oil pump, Carburator Jetted, Full HMF exhuast, UNI intake, Holeshot 18" tires on rear, TAG Handlebars, OURY grips, DG grab bar, DG nerf bars, Foot pegs has new powdercoat, New drive chain, new battery, and trailer and helment goes with it. Any questions 205-218-2257.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bjamick
tell me if you have any idea whether this is a lifter ticking or maybe just a bent pushrod or maybe even a rocker that needs re adjusted???
Ahhh the million dollar LT1 owner ticking question. Every person I know who owns an LT1 have that wierd tick on the #7. You can hear it from up top and below. Yours sounds very rough though, but I think its the cameras mic. I could tell you for sure with out being there to hear it.

The Advice:
I would say get some new lifters, while you are putting them in check and make sure your pushrods are in good condition and adjust your rockersonce your done. That should cover all your bases. I am about to to the exact same thing in a few weeks to try and fix that problem. Im willing to bet that it will solve the problem.

Other things I have heard to be causes:
cracked flywheel, failing rod bearings. I dont think it is either of those things but I thought I would throw it out there since I have read alot on that subject.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Gibson- What'd yall run yesterday? Did the cobra go get spanked?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Gibson- What'd yall run yesterday? Did the cobra go get spanked?
The first race between them was the best...

Cobra went 12.6 @ 111.96 mph
Vette went 12.8 @ 111.04 mph

Even their 1/8th mile speeds were the same. I think that was one of the closest runs I've seen. Even their 1/8 mile speeds were the same.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama