Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Why not dust for finger prints.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why not dust for finger prints.

I've been victim and observed some auto break ins and home invasions, around TN and MS and I've never seen the cops dust for fingerprints. Once my car was vandalized and I had a small count of suspects; but, the cops wouldn't dust for fingerprints. Any reason why? I'd think that if you caught a house thief before I did that it would save the state money by not having to bury him.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
I've been victim and observed some auto break ins and home invasions, around TN and MS and I've never seen the cops dust for fingerprints. Once my car was vandalized and I had a small count of suspects; but, the cops wouldn't dust for fingerprints. Any reason why? I'd think that if you caught a house thief before I did that it would save the state money by not having to bury him.
I have a freind thats a sheriff and its because there is so much crime and not enough man power. Basically if someone steals your car big deal its just a damn car ,but they can't tie someone up on that with finger prints DNA etc etc when there are murders, drug dealers,rapings, and countless other homicides,suicides and the list goes on. Anyways hope that works for you.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said, and I'll add- They really don't give a ****.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
I have a freind thats a sheriff and its because there is so much crime and not enough man power. Basically if someone steals your car big deal its just a damn car ,but they can't tie someone up on that with finger prints DNA etc etc when there are murders, drug dealers,rapings, and countless other homicides,suicides and the list goes on. Anyways hope that works for you.
You forgot about all the manpower it takes to pull people over to generate revenue.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

That too.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
You forgot about all the manpower it takes to pull people over to generate revenue.

Come on now...they have to pay for thier christmas parties, hookers, vacations, etc. somehow so they pass the expense down to us
Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
Come on now...they have to pay for thier christmas parties, hookers, vacations, etc. somehow so they pass the expense down to us

You'd be suprised how accurate that is...
Old 08-31-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
I understand this; however, sometimes your car is vandalized the day after your girlfriend catches you cheating, or your house is broken into after you catch a couple of guys peeking in the window. When you know that there is a high likelihood of only a couple of suspects, it seems as if it would be worth it. I once had a guy vandalize my car after we had an altercation resulting in him being choked and drug. I knew that it was him but I was already in trouble for the first incident. Had to end up letting him go.

Quick Reply: Why not dust for finger prints.