Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Someone close to East Tennessee with HP tuners, EFI Live, or some sort of software..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedudeZ
I'll believe the bitter, "fired" employee.

Damn.. I missed that part.

Well since it was brought back up, I will clarify that I was not fired, I quit. Working 48-50 hours a week at my regular job plus 4 days a week (4-6 hours a day not including the 45 minute drive one way to his shop) for Jeff started to take it's toll on me. I even gave him about a 2 week notice to let him find someone else to work for him. I tried not to leave him hanging. I still had a lot of respect for him at that point. It wasn't until he tried to screw me when it came time to settle up with me that I started believing what I had heard about him.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blown408
Damn.. I missed that part.

Well since it was brought back up, I will clarify that I was not fired, I quit. Working 48-50 hours a week at my regular job plus 4 days a week (4-6 hours a day not including the 45 minute drive one way to his shop) for Jeff started to take it's toll on me. I even gave him about a 2 week notice to let him find someone else to work for him. I tried not to leave him hanging. I still had a lot of respect for him at that point. It wasn't until he tried to screw me when it came time to settle up with me that I started believing what I had heard about him.

I put the "fired" in quotes because I didn't really picture you getting fired
Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Teching In

I have never been one to pay much attention to what is said or cared much about disputes that take place on the forums.

To start off Blown408 was a little misinformed about my dealings with Jeff. It was true that we had not settled up and it has been around 2-3 years, but I had never really forced the issue about it even went periods of months probable even a year without talking to Jeff about it.

It just so happened that a few months before this thread was started I contacted Jeff about settling up, I was wanting a 4' cutout from DMH performance, a dual 3' into single 4' Y-pipe from Kooks, and a couple of parts from BMR; fully expecting to have to pay for most of it as he did not owe me that much money. He told me no problem. Then I heard nothing back, so I call and was told that Dave at DMH was giving him the run-around, ok so I believed it.

Months pass with no resolution to our business; then about a month before this thread began it got to where I could not get in touch with Jeff he would not return my calls, I left message after message, but heard nothing.

Then this thread began, and within a couple of days Jeff calls me telling me that Kevin is out to get him, and wants me to post in his defense. I told him that I was willing to post that Kevin was not wrong just did not know all the facts, but would not do it until we settled up, and that I wanted all the pricing information about the parts that I wanted. He agreed and got me a price list for the parts, some of the prices seemed a little high to me; primarily the DMH cutout and the Kooks y-pipe, but Jeff explained that they had to be custom made so it would cost more;ok I believed that too.

But, then he added that he would like me to post on this forum to prevent this from interfearing with our business. I told him that I would not post until we concluded our transactions, because it revolved around that particular issue, and that I stood frim on that and would not be preassure I just wanted what was owed to me. He then replied with one of the rudest most obsene e-mails I have ever read and baisically told me to **** myself.

I gave him every oppertunity to handle the situaiton like a man even after the rude mail, gave him a shot to deliver as promised, but then he gives me some kind of bs about violating the original agreement just like he did Kevin.

So, I started shopping for the parts I needed on my own, and after talking to Dave @ DMH performance it turns out that Jeff never even got back to him about my cutout after their original conversation about it and that it is not a custom job like he said and that Jeff was adding $80 to the cost and calling it a custom made cutout, so I would like to thank Dave @ DMH performance for his prompt straight forward and friendly service I now have my cutout.

Then I contacted George Rumor @ Kooks custom headers and found a similar situation there no custom work need and far less expensive as Jeff made it out to be so thanks to George @ Kooks.

I am like so many other local guys who have dealt with Jeff, I heard all of the stories and chose to give him a shot and not listen, and it worked out alright for a while, but eventually I saw what everyone was talking about. So I said scew the money he owes me I don't think he ever intended to settle up with me anyway, besides I actually got that back in the savings I saw from DMH and Kooks over what Jeff was charging.

So, in closing guys do what ever you want to do, but I highly recommend that you stay away from Speed Engineering and Dyno in Decatur, TN; you might deal with him once twice or even a hundred times, but sooner or later he will screw the crap out of you, and then try to make it sound like it is your fault as he did to me and so many other guys, so deal with him at your own risk that should be his company motto anyway.

Quick Reply: Someone close to East Tennessee with HP tuners, EFI Live, or some sort of software..