Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.
View Poll Results: members that may be interested in race meet
from Arkansas
34.62%
from Louisiana
40.38%
from Texas
25.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Ark-La-Tex Drag Meets ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brad at least you can make changes unlike my POS pcm
Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Here is a little more for ya'll the 17th it is a index race day and the track index runs a 1/8 mile. Molly e-mailed me and said they will run our indexes the 1/4 mile and they will pay out by the number of entries in each bracket. So we will be running for a little something. Again bring a helmet and have a good time...........
Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PRO TREE. Works for me.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by caddobass
Here is a little more for ya'll the 17th it is a index race day and the track index runs a 1/8 mile. Molly e-mailed me and said they will run our indexes the 1/4 mile and they will pay out by the number of entries in each bracket. So we will be running for a little something. Again bring a helmet and have a good time...........
Is that all its gonna be is index racing? I thought we would also be able to have grudge matches for us ET chasers? That will suck to come over and make 4 passes and go home.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

I am not sure if this event is going the direction we originaly wanted to go! Are we all going to be able to park, and hang out in the same area(LS1 Tech members, racing or not racing). Index is fine, but straight grudge would of be awesome, give them the choice! Next time we need to get a group of us togehter somewhere and sit down and go over everything and decide how this event should go. This is our event not RRR, I just feel we are going get shafted on this and it's not going to be what we are hopeing for, but maybe I am wrong and this will be a great day!

Anyways Texas and Arkansas guys and if so gals, if you all are coming through Texarkana, we all need to try and meet and drive down together. Let me know and we will all meet off the I-30.

Last edited by little Red Camaro; 03-13-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Spent three weeks getting car ready to run low numbers and know three days out its back to index stuff and will have to slow it down a half a second to make a index bracket. I will be there none the less hope everyone still shows. Whats the enter fee no one has said and its not posted on RRR web site. I know a place for the next time just 320 feet shorter but I know the track owner will really be glad to work with us. A few all out classes to really let our cars shine and then maybe a bracket class to let everyone have a chance with a little bit of payout would have been a lot easier. Just my thoughts
Greg McBride
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Launching!

maybe not to late if we all agree on what we want and post it on RRR message board...Power in NUMBERS!

But I agree with Greig, and if everyone rembers Scott tried to get this point across a few months ago. So let's not give up! Let's try to make this event awesome!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

RRR doesn't care what we do as long as they know whats up. We can use this one to set up the real deal next time. Originally, we didn't know how many people was interested in this so it was kinda hard to come up with rules. If we really knew for sure we could get 40-50 cars, it woulda been much easier to set up heads up classes. If we set up classes like this
Heads up outlaw
heads up 6 speed Power adder
heads up a4 PA
heads up 6 speed NA
heads up A4 NA

And then had 10-15 cars show up that woulda sucked. If we knew for sure people would show up we could have set it up with it's own date. Maybe we should all sit down after the race is over (if everyone had a good time and would like to make it better) and come up with some classes. RRR would love to see this get bigger and better orginized. I'd like to see it with the above classes and maybe have 4-5 races this year. But thats just me.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Cain that sounds good! Will just have to see who and how many show and go from there! We need to try and get all of us to park in a certain area! That way we can see what we will have!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

I always park towards the end of the track by the fence. I'll be pulling my black Z with a green Xcab Silverado. There will be a black TA with a WS6 hood and a white with black stripes SS parked with me. And maybe caddobass's white vert. SS and my brothers red with black back panel LT1 Z. Plenty of parking down there.
I have been thinking all along that we would use this race just to see how much interest we could generate. This could get big if we all support it.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

**** index racing. why not just have a heads up stock CI class and heads up big motor class?? Try to make it as fair as possible. Or if you wanted to break it down even further why not have it like this.
Heads Up - Bolton Class(Power Adders Allowed)
Heads up - Cam Only Class(Power Adders Allowed but stock heads)
Heads Up - Heads/Cam Class No Power Adders
Heads Up - Big Motor Class(Power Adders Allowed)

Last edited by BrianC98Z28; 03-13-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cainsw
RRR doesn't care what we do as long as they know whats up. We can use this one to set up the real deal next time. Originally, we didn't know how many people was interested in this so it was kinda hard to come up with rules. If we really knew for sure we could get 40-50 cars, it woulda been much easier to set up heads up classes. If we set up classes like this
Heads up outlaw
heads up 6 speed Power adder
heads up a4 PA
heads up 6 speed NA
heads up A4 NA

And then had 10-15 cars show up that woulda sucked. If we knew for sure people would show up we could have set it up with it's own date. Maybe we should all sit down after the race is over (if everyone had a good time and would like to make it better) and come up with some classes. RRR would love to see this get bigger and better orginized. I'd like to see it with the above classes and maybe have 4-5 races this year. But thats just me.
If you have heads up, grudge match racing, there is nothing to sit and think about! It was already stated that there might not be a payout. All of us from Monroe are coming but this looks like bracket racing to me!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Heads Up!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

You have to have more classes than that if you really want to make it fair and fun to watch. My car is fast but I know I stand ZERO chance in those two classes. I don't mind donating my entry fee to the winner but not if I can't compete. Most of us can't run with that black vert. Vette that runs mid 9's so what fun would that be?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

i tried to make my suggestions... I think all of us want to have a heads up racing. I say why not a heads up stock CI class and Heads up Big Motor class and a bracket class. or something but **** index racing. but this definately needs to get organized and quick. anyone ask RRR to come up with anything besides index racing????
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

I like heads up better myself but more time was needed to set up a heads up race. Do you guys think all the people who say they're coming are really going to show up?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Look guys I started this post back around christmas to maybe get something started here in the Ark-La-Tex with us LS1tech members. This started out as a meet to have a good time and show off our cars. Red River Raceway was a very good location to do this as it is in the northwest corner of La. not to far from Tx. or Ark. I ask for help from several members on what to do about rules. We wanted to see some tight racing, most replies were rules F**k rules. Now a few days from our event everyone wants to make some rules. I also would like to say again I would like to see a three race series La. put on a race, Tx. put on a race, Ark. put on a race. Nothing is set in stone, but Molly & Ken at RRR wanted something to put on website. LittleRedCamaro I started this talking with you, Chris & Josh thanks alot for all the input. I can count on two hands the guys I've met at the track showing interest in this. I believe we have something here, stop the worry about the racing, because if you like to race we'll race. We are trying to put on a show that the fans and track owners will want to see again. I ask do you want to see a 9 sec. car run a 13 sec. car heads up. No one wanted bracket racing, everyone wanted index racing. Now no one wants this or that, let's see what we get for a turn out & see what changes we want to make. One more thing I would like to say is think you Molly & Ken at Red River Raceway ya'll have been the greatest and will always be the best.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say let's go with what is setup for saturday. Like chris mentioned earlier, it is hard to get any rules or racing when you are not sure as to how many will show up. Once we see how things go saturday, then we will know what we need to do for future events be it here AR or TX. Right now we show 48 cars coming, not to mention other that will be coming with them. As far as racing, I personally don't give a damn as long as I get to run my car. If there is a payout great if not there will be next time and I along with Wayne and Chris can assure you that if the turn out is good saturday it will always be good and we will have rules and classes set up for the next time. Let's just do this saturday as a get to know, meet, and race each other as it was originally planned to be. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

I ask do you want to see a 9 sec. car run a 13 sec. car heads up
hell no, that isn't fun for the 9 sec guy or the 13 sec guy. Close races are always the best races, gets the blood pumpin!! Index racing will be fine. Especially if there are going to be a lot of cars there.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Whats happening?

Quick Reply: Ark-La-Tex Drag Meets ????