Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.
View Poll Results: members that may be interested in race meet
from Arkansas
34.62%
from Louisiana
40.38%
from Texas
25.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Ark-La-Tex Drag Meets ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed shops? There aren't any speed shops that is LS1 oriented in AR not close by me anyway.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about Sherwood Tire, AR Performance Exhaust (formally Razorback Exhaust), or Polk Performace? They are not LS1 oriented, but they have a lot of customers that race.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Those would work!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Posted threads on LS2.com about the meet, Also put on there we are going to try to set up classes, Outlaw, Hybrib, Head and cam, etc...with possible payout, door prizes, etc(depending how many show and how we race).Also do we need to try to keep this meet to consit of Camaro's, T/A, Vette's, GTO's, Firebirds etc...mainly GM performance vehicles? Caddo, need to get with Ken and Molly and make sure they are going to do this for us. I feel if we get enough, they would consider closing the track for our shoot out. And if everything goes well we can try to make this a yearly event. I feel that is the direction we need to be going with this! What do you all think, classes or all out anybody run?

Last edited by little Red Camaro; 01-02-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by little Red Camaro
classes or all out anybody run?
FIRST OFF ITHINK WE REALLY NEED TO TRY TO GET THE TRACK FOR OURSELVES, WE NEED ALL LANES, Y DONT YALL RUN BOTH, RRR HAS I THINK AROUND 10 LANES. KEEP TWO LANES OPEN FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO RUN 2 DIFF. CLASSES TOGETHER, THEN THE REST FOR UR CLASSES. ITS A THOUGHT.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Spdmini
what about Sherwood Tire, AR Performance Exhaust (formally Razorback Exhaust), or Polk Performace? They are not LS1 oriented, but they have a lot of customers that race.
Yeah, imports with wings mostly. =redbull gives you wiings.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Launching!

This is good, I am all for other vehicles, love for it to be GM vs FORD! but really this is the feed back we need to get this thing rolling. March will be here before we know it!As far as the track not a problem! Getting good responses on LS2.com also!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bene
Yeah, imports with wings mostly. =redbull gives you wiings.
Well 'cuse the hell outta me. Im saying you are what.. 15/20 min from those places, put out a few fliers, get the word out, better than just bitching. I would take them fliers myself but I live 3 hours away.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Spdmini
Well 'cuse the hell outta me. Im saying you are what.. 15/20 min from those places, put out a few fliers, get the word out, better than just bitching. I would take them fliers myself but I live 3 hours away.
Don't get your panties in a wad. I'm going to stop by POLK on dyno day "IF" I get my car back from the body shop. I'll stop by A.P.E. and Kris' shop to drop some flyers... I gotta get some flyer design to entice these folks...
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Launching!

i don't think we need to try to shut the track down for ourselves, i would actually prefer to allow other vehicles. let's just make our lsx get together as large as possible. i kind of enjoy having little ricers and chumpstangs there to whoop on.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say we do an all-out bracket class which includes all cars cause it doesnt matter how fast u are in that class, then do a heads up with 2-or-3 different classes, then put the winners out of each class and make them run each other for the #1 spot!!!
I got some ford boys comin if yall dont mine the more cars or trucks the better!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

the only reason i say close the track is cause the bikes, or just get to say no bikes, thats going to hold it up, the main thing i think is 2 lanes kinda like test and tune where some people can run who and whatever they want.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Just heard about this. I'm in and I speak for atleast 3 others.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

How bout some index racing? It's better than bracket racing and everyone can compete. Say a 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, 12.0. Then maybe a heads up run what you brung and hope you brung enuff?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the bikes do show up maybe they'll see all of us and leave. I don't know why but it takes the bikes longer to do their runs than it does the cars and the majority of the bikes are faster than the cars. Really I think that if everybody shows up it'll take so long for us to run that the bikes will probably leave so we may not have to worry about them being in the way for long.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cainsw
How bout some index racing? It's better than bracket racing and everyone can compete. Say a 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, 12.0. Then maybe a heads up run what you brung and hope you brung enuff?
This is also a very good idea, i love the index racing!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Me 2. It makes it so everyone can atleast be competitive
Old 01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cainsw
Me 2. It makes it so everyone can atleast be competitive
ima have to agree wid yall on dat one that doesnt sound like to bad of an idea.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

I just got in from my pool league and looked to see what was new. I see alot of great idea's on how we can race. Everyone coming could throw out a little something on this. One thing I can tell ya'll we are not trying to take over the track on that day, the bikes will more than likely be there. I don't know if ya'll are aware of it or not, but we are pretty proud of our bikes at red river raceway. Micheal Nash from Texarkana, Texas is the 2006 NHRA Summit Super Pro Motorcycle Champion, Terry Blakley is your 2006 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Sportsman Motorcycle Champion. I've been talking with the track and i'm sure we will have the lanes we need. They are asking us for a program so they can assist us in every way. Ken and Molly have been in the drag racing business for many years and will do us right ( they have the stage, we need the show ).Let's Do It In A Professional Manner, Make Ourselves Proud Of What We Do.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by caddobass
One thing I can tell ya'll we are not trying to take over the track on that day, the bikes will more than likely be there. I don't know if ya'll are aware of it or not, but we are pretty proud of our bikes at red river raceway. Micheal Nash from Texarkana, Texas is the 2006 NHRA Summit Super Pro Motorcycle Champion, Terry Blakley is your 2006 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Sportsman Motorcycle Champion. I've been talking with the track and i'm sure we will have the lanes we need.
its not the fact that we dont want them there but they r going to have to get there show on the road and race, the take so long to stage and what not and ive been there b4 and only got 2 passes in and there wasnt near the people we r going to b bringing in. and another question that some just might want to know whats addmission to run and what not? i might not have much experiance at anything being 17 but if u need any help im here. and i will without a dought b running my goat.
BUD

Quick Reply: Ark-La-Tex Drag Meets ????