Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Performance Shop (Louisiana)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Shop (Louisiana)

I'm looking for a good performance shop to do some work on my truck. Sc, cam, tune, headers, tran, rear end .

I found one out of state I like, be I have to ship the truck there and back

thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Futral Motorsports is in LA. ---->sponsor

FMS does great work too. Alan is the man
Old 01-18-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLKWS6
Futral Motorsports is in LA. ---->sponsor
FMS does great work too. Alan is the man
thanks for the reply, I looked at there site and looking under tunes it said something like truck tuner software soon, do you know anything about thunder racing.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Go to futral motorsports, his website may say that, but let me assure you he can do ANYTHING you could possibly want. He built me an 850 hp motor ALL MOTOR. He also just built a twin turbo Cadillac EXT that made over 1000hp. You wont find a shop in LA better than Futral.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 770boy
Go to futral motorsports, his website may say that, but let me assure you he can do ANYTHING you could possibly want. He built me an 850 hp motor ALL MOTOR. He also just built a twin turbo Cadillac EXT that made over 1000hp. You wont find a shop in LA better than Futral.
I'll give him a call next week, I tried to call thunder racing 3 times got there mail box no one called my back

I did find a company I like (alot) but they are in texas, I will have to ship the truck there and back, he is very good with front mount turbo T76 run 10# is what he want to put in with 60# inj, cam, flt level 5 tran, 2800 stall, I seen his work it's very good(he love to work on trucks). He's sure we can get 535+rwhp with this setup

thanks for the info
Old 01-18-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran

you might have to call FMS a couple of times...but they are busy as hell. I think they are in Walker so if your close....might be better to ride on over.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

you might have to call FMS a couple of times...but they are busy as hell. I think they are in Walker so if your close....might be better to ride on over.
thanks for the feed back, I may do that. Do you know of anyone that had work done on there truck from them
Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shakesvho
thanks for the feed back, I may do that. Do you know of anyone that had work done on there truck from them
ummm....this guy

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-vehicle-projects-shop-tours/616906-fms-escalade-434-w-turbo.html
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

There's a place in San Antonio that specializez in GM trucks if you feel like hauling it over there, but as stated above, I'd take it to Futral if you want to stay in LA.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Teching In

You might want to read this thread before you go with Futral.
http://www.latruckscene.com/board/sh...ghlight=futral
Also Futral is terrible at answering/returning calls. I have heard great things about them from some people, but the seem to be having some problems as of lately.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

In my dealings with FMS I was 100% satisfied. Have bought 2 cams, 2 cam kits, and a built T56 from them. Granted, my last transaction with them was about a year and a half ago.

About the "problems" lately. As I said, I haven't done business with them lately, so I can't comment from experiance. However, almost exactly 2 years back there was some trouble with a sponsor here and a lot of people lost money, etc. I was one of the unfortunate customers that didn't get what I paid for. This board acted very fast to warn people and remove the bad sponsor. So if they are still a sponsor here, you can have some faith that the company is doing business right. On the same note, Futral Motorsports is the company that after my loss in the fiasco with the other company, helped me out tremendously. Alan is a stand up guy and really knows his stuff.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 86RedRocket
There's a place in San Antonio that specializez in GM trucks if you feel like hauling it over there, but as stated above, I'd take it to Futral if you want to stay in LA.
Yes its Nelson Performance, the owner is Allen, in my last post that what he want to do a front mount t76 turbo, he is a hell of a guy very nice answers all your questions, but he's in San Antonio, Tx, he does do alot of out of state work

I found a carrier that will ship my truck for $650 each way
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

ummm....this guy
Thanks for the link
Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by joe_hami
You might want to read this thread before you go with Futral.
http://www.latruckscene.com/board/sh...ghlight=futral
Also Futral is terrible at answering/returning calls. I have heard great things about them from some people, but the seem to be having some problems as of lately.
HOLY S**T, thanks for this link(also I did not know about this site, I did join) so many people talking bad here its

no info about Thunder racing

Last edited by shakesvho; 01-20-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adamB
In my dealings with FMS I was 100% satisfied. Have bought 2 cams, 2 cam kits, and a built T56 from them. Granted, my last transaction with them was about a year and a half ago.

About the "problems" lately. As I said, I haven't done business with them lately, so I can't comment from experiance. However, almost exactly 2 years back there was some trouble with a sponsor here and a lot of people lost money, etc. I was one of the unfortunate customers that didn't get what I paid for. This board acted very fast to warn people and remove the bad sponsor. So if they are still a sponsor here, you can have some faith that the company is doing business right. On the same note, Futral Motorsports is the company that after my loss in the fiasco with the other company, helped me out tremendously. Alan is a stand up guy and really knows his stuff.
it looks to me problems started in oct/nov 06, it looks bad to see so many people pissed

thank for the reply
Old 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

well the thing about FMS is they are like a 3 man shop basically. Alan does all the motor building. but they have the workload of a HUGE shop. Alan is the man when it comes to building motors.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Just head over there.....and let me know what happens...haha ill be looking to go there within a few months
Old 01-21-2007, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by shakesvho
HOLY S**T, thanks for this link(also I did not know about this site, I did join) so many people talking bad here its

no info about Thunder racing

I have ordered from thunder racing for many parts, I have just never had an "Serious" work done there. It was from my own impression that maybe they dont do really really serious setups. I think they make a bunch of money just selling parts, doing mild motor swaps, heads/cams etc..... Not in anyway talking bad about them, they have done e good allways.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

I have ordered from thunder racing for many parts, I have just never had an "Serious" work done there. It was from my own impression that maybe they dont do really really serious setups. I think they make a bunch of money just selling parts, doing mild motor swaps, heads/cams etc..... Not in anyway talking bad about them, they have done e good allways.
thanks for the reply, I have a few months before I do it, but its looking like Nelson Performance in tx will do the work, its just the $650 shipping each way and I like to check it out as the build going on, but I do trust Allen the owner.

thanks everyone on your help
Old 01-21-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Next time ask us. Madman is just now putting the finishing touches on a twin turbo LT1 that is making a lot of power. We also are building a ProCharged CTS-V that is pretty serious. We are regularly doing VERY serious work here. With Brian here, fabricating turbo kits, etc. is something we are perfectly capable of doing.

Quick Reply: Performance Shop (Louisiana)