Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Louisiana member stand up

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Lets do something
Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like i said next weekend about8-10 of us are driving up to baton rouge for a cruise and maybe a few races...ill let yall know
Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
SHREVEPORT/BOSSIER ~ THE BIG TWIN CITIES

All us north Louisiana guys need to meet up with the Texarkana bunch & cruise on up to either Mena, ARK. Then across the mountains to Queen Wilhelmina restaurant for lunch then on across the top of Taliheina mountains scenic drive. Its about 90 miles of scenic smooth two-lane black top carved out of the top of some of the most beautiful mountains this side of the smokeys. With a scenic overlook parking about every mile or so. Just beautiful. The bikers love it. They come from as far away as Dallas just to take those long increasing radius curves. So pull off those T-tops and let down those convertible tops grab the ole lady & your camara and lets plan a REAL CRUISE this summer before it gets too damn hot.
That sounds like a helluvan idea!! I just need to find a grand between now and then to put into my car first (tint and tires), then the money to make the trip! After that, I' m ****** down with that!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

SHREVEPORT/BOSSIER ~ THE BIG TWIN CITIES

All us north Louisiana guys need to meet up with the Texarkana bunch & cruise on up to either Mena, ARK. Then across the mountains to Queen Wilhelmina restaurant for lunch then on across the top of Taliheina mountains scenic drive. Its about 90 miles of scenic smooth two-lane black top carved out of the top of some of the most beautiful mountains this side of the smokeys. With a scenic overlook parking about every mile or so. Just beautiful. The bikers love it. They come from as far away as Dallas just to take those long increasing radius curves. So pull off those T-tops and let down those convertible tops grab the ole lady & your camara and lets plan a REAL CRUISE this summer before it gets too damn hot.
I just got back home from bull shoals,AR. That was a nice LOOOOng ride haha!. I would be up for that,if it was a day i was off. Pick a date later on so people can throw in there ideas and thoughts on if they can do this.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

New Orleans here, Detoxx.....just set somethin' up, I'm in.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Lafayette

Lafayette here.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Second Club

ddcook07,

let me know whats up
Old 05-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

Since you asked, alright here goes.
Everybody meet up at the Exxon station at the foot of the I-35 overpass on main street Texarkana at twelve noon Saturday June 16th. Leave at 1:00 P.M. heading toward Mena,Ark. & the mountains leading into Oklahoma. Rest stop at Queen Willamena State Park for lunch.From there on we'll be on Tallamena scenic drive.A 90 mile stretch of beautiful smooth black-top across the top of some mountains going into Broken Bow & Beavers Bend State Park for some more refreshments.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, so are these official plans? I wanted to do some **** to the car first, but I need a ****** break, and I' m off that weekend! If we do this, we need to get everyone from the south-east, to meet up in Lafayette near I-10 for a caravan! That' d be a nice little drive with some sweet rides. Perhaps we could meet for breakfast in Lafeyette, then go from there. How long does it take to get to Texarkana from Lafayette?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Go to MSN.com ,maps & directions.They will give you driving time & mileage.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

damn damn damn i'll be out of town on that day. Sounds like a nice cruise man I would love to go if I somehow get back in town before then
Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Launching!

From Baton Rouge here

I'd be down for a F-body gathering/cruise. They have a local car show at the Tanger Mall in Gonzales (about 8 miles south of the central BR areaon I-10) every 3rd Saturday of the month. Its usually a pretty laid back show. Only $1 to get in and be a part of the show.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Since you asked, alright here goes.
Everybody meet up at the Exxon station at the foot of the I-35 overpass on main street Texarkana at twelve noon Saturday June 16th. Leave at 1:00 P.M. heading toward Mena,Ark. & the mountains leading into Oklahoma. Rest stop at Queen Willamena State Park for lunch.From there on we'll be on Tallamena scenic drive.A 90 mile stretch of beautiful smooth black-top across the top of some mountains going into Broken Bow & Beavers Bend State Park for some more refreshments.
What exxon are you actualy talking about,im lost here? If im off i would like to attend this cruise. We did a few to bossier and that was fun meeting at the board walk at some of the restraunts and cruiseing at night afterwards.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
9 Second Club

Well, I live in Hancock County, Mississippi. For the guys from Slidell, New Orleans and those areas - we have cruise-ins in Diamondhead pretty regularly. A lot of folks show up from St. Tammany Parish, but mostly Cobras. I've actually got to go race some guy with a black KB Cobra in my Cadillac soon - he's from Mandeville.

Anyway, I'll post up when we have our next gathering. Racing is usually a little tough when we post the gathering, but its still fun. We had about 150+ cars last time, so it was out of hand. It's usually in Diamondhead, which is 16 miles inside Mississippi on I-10.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
What exxon are you actualy talking about,im lost here? If im off i would like to attend this cruise. We did a few to bossier and that was fun meeting at the board walk at some of the restraunts and cruiseing at night afterwards.

Well there was a Exxon station there last time we cruised to Eureka Springs for the BIG Corvette / Harley convention . Maybe its a Shell or Mobil now. Could someone from Texarkana clue us in ?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darth Z
Ok, so are these official plans? I wanted to do some **** to the car first, but I need a ****** break, and I' m off that weekend! If we do this, we need to get everyone from the south-east, to meet up in Lafayette near I-10 for a caravan! That' d be a nice little drive with some sweet rides. Perhaps we could meet for breakfast in Lafeyette, then go from there. How long does it take to get to Texarkana from Lafayette?

hmm if thats the plan we have a bunch of f-body/vette guys in lafayette

we could meet up with you guys
Old 05-30-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

that would be awesome to have a big LA meet. id defenatley be down for that. maybe meet up for like 2pm one sat. have a big meet. then a good afternoon/evening cruise.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

I'm pretty familiar with Diamondhead
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

hey guys,... this saturday evening....some of the lafayette crew is gonna cruise to baton rouge...! chill! and maybe some (cough)*street races*(cough)!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Well there was a Exxon station there last time we cruised to Eureka Springs for the BIG Corvette / Harley convention . Maybe its a Shell or Mobil now. Could someone from Texarkana clue us in ?
The foot of 245 loop over I30 at the Road Runner would be a good place to meet up. Large parking lot and gas to gas up at.

Quick Reply: Louisiana member stand up