Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Looking for a race

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahaha none of us have race cars here dude...like i said if i was gunna by DR's it would be for the sole perp of better launch on the track....im not gunna go spend 400 a tire to be able to catch a lil better on the street sorry thats not how i do ****.... i have a true street car dude....no susp work no wider tires no short throw nothing....just a STOCK car with a couple of power adders..**** it only gets moved evry other day haha
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

yeah my car only has a few power adders to and i only putting a stall in it cus i messed up my stock converter so might as well lol
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
haha with boltons...prob full boltons haha performance tranny and DR'S....dude im gunna side with the other guys and say that your a dumb ***....OH IL DRAG YOU WITH MY FULL BOLTON LS1 WITH A 3GRAND TRANNY AND DR'S.........SHUT THE **** UP douche bag no **** you will out run me.....in my book if you have DR's on your car then its a track car not a street car
hey DUMBASS i still have no clue what you are saying half the time. like i stated before LEARN to spell. now, you say you will take any bolt on car, stock car, this car, and that car. you throw in a i'll take any stock LS1, to a you will take me. you call out everyone, and everyone calls out you. now with you SIDEING with the other guys i'm not sure if you realise that wasn't even about you, so are you siding with them about corvettes? if so that has nothing to do with what i said to you. i'm going to have to side with the other 34 pages of people saying you're a ******* retard and have clue what you're talking about anymore.

PLEASE LEARN TO SPELL!!!

hahahaha none of us have race cars here dude...like i said if i was gunna by DR's it would be for the sole perp of better launch on the track....im not gunna go spend 400 a tire to be able to catch a lil better on the street sorry thats not how i do ****.... i have a true street car dude....no susp work no wider tires no short throw nothing....just a STOCK car with a couple of power adders..**** it only gets moved evry other day haha
you forgot the 2 stickers, my car is a daily driver. it rides fine with big tires, suspension, DRs, blah blah blah. and i don't know what the hell tires you are buying but my BFG KWDs were around 500 for the pair. you're car is not a true street car, it's a dealership car with a couple of bolt ons.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahaha like i said a DR's are for the track....most street races are from a roll anyways why would you need DR's....and none of my arguments are working here cuz it looks like now im only talking to the sharks....you have more car than me..your a full bolt on car with DR's and if we raced you would even want to go from a dig to take advan of my bald *** street tires haha give me a run with a guy that is MOD for MOD the same car as me intake and tune thats all i ask for....**** LT's alone give yall what 25-35 RWHP?? haha if i had CAI, TUNE , LT'S, UDP's, and DR's then that would be great but i dont i have half of that haha + bad tires
See! This is your problem! You need to educate yourself on cars and racing before you speak. I don't know it all. I don't even know much for that matter...but...most of the things you are saying are wrong. DR's are for combined street and track use. What the hell good does it do to have this power and not have any traction on the street. SLICKS are for track use. Many, many people with STREET CARS drive on drag radials. Secondly, I rarely ever race from a roll. 90% of my races have been from a dig. You don't want to go from a dig cuz you have bald tires? You shouldn't be racing on bad tires anyways! It's dangerous enough without racing on tires that will slide or blow. That, and mustangs are dogs from a stop.
You started all this by saying you would beat a stock OR bolt-on LS1. When the bolt-on LS1s came out, you changed your mind about it. Which is fine, cuz that's all we really wanted, was for you to realize you can't back up your claims.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

yeah that sounds about 100% right to me!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'll take this one step at a time.

1)

I have a 2002 WS6 M6 with an under-drive pulley, Hooker long tube headers, Hooker off-road cat back, off the shelf Diablo Preditor Tune, and Nitto Drag Radials. THAT's IT. No lid, no gears, no Nitrous. It run's 7.60 @ 87 mph at my local track, which is 600' long at and elevation of 130'.

On the exact same day, in the lane right next to me, was my best friend's car.......hmm a 2007 Mustang GT Auto-5. He has long tube headers, X pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, under drive pulley, K&N Cold Air kit, 3.73 gears, and a custom Diablo Preditor Program. I helped him put all these things on his car. He runs on the stock wheels and tires with no traction problems. He ran 8.11 @ 82 mph.

We laugh about this all the time. When we run from a roll, it is terrible. I literally walk away from him.

So, I say if you beat an SS or TA or whatever LS1 car....it was probably some 60 year old man out for a Sunday cruise. Or of course you could be saying you beat someone that didn't even know you were racing them....this happens a lot. ("Dude, I just stomped a Viper!!") No silly, the Viper was laughing at your pitiful excuse for a fast street car.

2)

I don't know what DR's cost $400 each.... 90% of all DR's will run you $320 a pair. Go buy some new tires; you can't say you'll race somebody then say...wait, uh my tires suck. I personally think all races should be from a dig; racing from a roll just shows who care has a better power to weight ratio. Racing from a dead stop takes driver skill. DR do not make a car a RACE CAR. They give a car that is traction limited a better alternative for riding around on the street. (I doubt you need this alternative.)

3)

Save your coins for a procharger. That's the only way your car will ever be a "fast" street car.

I'm sure I've missed several hilarious items to make fun of you on.....but after 30 something pages, I hope you get the point. If your going to step into the racing world, you better bring a bigger set of *****.

Don't get me wrong man. Your car is fast for a Stock car from the factory, but not as fast as a Stock LS1. Ford is making great leaps forward with the mustangs. However, the price keeps creeping up with each faster model. Hmmmmm. I wonder why the LS1 cars always cost a little more?

Rant over.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Another question, your Mustain is an 06 correct? How do you already have bald tires on a two year old car?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nassaublue
my car is about to get drag radials
Since when did they start making a drag radial in a 275/40/18?

...I guess you can say that you already have "slicks" on the back..

+ =

Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

mine are 295 35 18.. next set is 315s
Old 09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Launching!

you still don't understand you could still have those mods and you still wouldn't stand a chance. Did you not read the part about adding a power adder??? you still wont win. Those cars are turds. a Damn schoolbus called a Trailblazer SS runs better. GTO by far better. And a Camaro with you mods including that "tune" will stomp you.

STOCK LSX'S RUN ALOT BETTER TIMES IN THE 1/4 THEN ANY MUSTANG HAS. Chevy has always been on the top Sad enough the Discontinued Camaro is still beating the mustang!!! I mean come on you have been called out by every single car almost in Oklahoma all the way from stock to bolt- on and even for some reason cammed. Stop making excuses. You already said that you would get beat by me so that scratches a bolt on car off the list. So what is left is STOCK. If its that big of a deal i can easily find a stock m6 car for me to race you in and put lengths on you. Hell with your mods you still haven't seen the 12's STOCK LS1's HAVE!!!

OK I'm done.. this guy is defiantly dumb and doesn't know crap about cars much less his own. I will just respond with the usual stupid comments now. No need to use my brain to make this guy a little smarter
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lucas'02SS
See! This is your problem! You need to educate yourself on cars and racing before you speak. I don't know it all. I don't even know much for that matter...but...most of the things you are saying are wrong. DR's are for combined street and track use. What the hell good does it do to have this power and not have any traction on the street. SLICKS are for track use. Many, many people with STREET CARS drive on drag radials. Secondly, I rarely ever race from a roll. 90% of my races have been from a dig. You don't want to go from a dig cuz you have bald tires? You shouldn't be racing on bad tires anyways! It's dangerous enough without racing on tires that will slide or blow. That, and mustangs are dogs from a stop.
You started all this by saying you would beat a stock OR bolt-on LS1. When the bolt-on LS1s came out, you changed your mind about it. Which is fine, cuz that's all we really wanted, was for you to realize you can't back up your claims.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
9 Second Club

in my book if you have DR's on your car then its a track car not a street car
In my book, If you don't have drag radials in a street race, you lose.

My car is a street car and DR's are the only thing I run.

Good luck with the race!

Last edited by 02402RAMAIR; 09-14-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Teching In

is it over? hah
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ReaperSS
IBT
Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

NO **** its dangerous and i said i didnt want to run but when i said that i got called out more than ever guys thinking im scared to run.....ok if yall took bolt on LS1 for FULL bolt on car then i guess thats my fault...how about this....STOCK LS1 or LS1 with the same mods as i...MOD FOR MOD...is that better...and SNEAKYWS6 didnt i call you out man......lets do it...lets see what that GTO has got
Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

answer you're aim man!! trying to have a convo with you
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Dooood. The guys on here that run DR's... Well it's because we HAVE to. I run DR's on the street, and my car hardly ever sees the track. The reasoning behind LS1 guys running DR's is because plain ol street tires cant hold the power. Now I know, you being a rustang guy, you wouldnt know anything about tires not being able to hold power, but I assure you, there is such a thing. It happens whenever your car actually makes power.

Now honestly, I can possibly see your 06 gt with your stated mods running a 13.6. I ran a 13.9 in a 01 gt with an M5, hypertech, turdmasters, and CAI, on street tires. But this was when it was around 50 degrees outside and the track was in excellent shape. But kiddo, you find a similarly modded LS car with a similar drivetrain setup, and im sorry, but you're going to see taillights. Period. If you're fast enough to be beside this LS car, then either the LS car is having problems, or you have mods that you havent stated. Why not reveal all your mods? Well possibly you're wanting to try to make people think you really are that fast with your stated limited mods, to try and make them think they dont have as much car as they thought. Well you know what? I've tried that **** too and to anyone who knows anything about cars, engines, or racing, it doesnt do a bit of good. They know when you're full of ****. Trust me.

Now then. I have a friend that has a STOCK 2002 Z28 M6. Stock save for a turdmaster muffler, which IMO actually chokes the car down. Other than that, the car is plumb *** stock, down to the paper filter and long throw shifter. He's even on street tires, which, by the way, are the ORIGINAL tires and they still have 1/2 tread left on them after 35k miles. If I could talk the guy into letting me borrow it, I would come show you that you aint ****. But, unlike a lot of us here, myself included, he has let his years mature him substantially, and his car is his baby, and you could count on one hand then number of times the throttle has been put on the floor. But trust me, I'm gonna do some talkin to him... Just to shut your silly *** up.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NO **** its dangerous and i said i didnt want to run but when i said that i got called out more than ever guys thinking im scared to run.....ok if yall took bolt on LS1 for FULL bolt on car then i guess thats my fault...how about this....STOCK LS1 or LS1 with the same mods as i...MOD FOR MOD...is that better...and SNEAKYWS6 didnt i call you out man......lets do it...lets see what that GTO has got
Whoa, you never said you didn't want to run!! And mod for mod, a mustang will NEVER NEVER NEVER hang with an LS1 unless the guy driving the LS1 can't drive at all!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Teching In

oh so its back to i cant even outrun a stock LS1 again huh....hahaha ok whatever guys this is getting nowhere
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh so its back to i cant even outrun a stock LS1 again huh....hahaha ok whatever guys this is getting nowhere
You outran a stock LS1. No one said you didn't. I said mod for mod....meaning if an LS1 and a Mustang have the same exact mods, the mustang will never keep up or win, provided equal drivers. You are getting ridiculous.