Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Tick Performance of Mooresville, NC. New LS1Tech Sponsor!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Tick Performance of Mooresville, NC. New LS1Tech Sponsor!

Hello Southern Members!

Just here to formally introduce ourselves to those of you who may not be familiar with us. We here at Tick Performance specialize in any and all things GM, especially the later model LTx and LSx powered cars. We operate out of our new 7500 sq ft facility in Mooresville Motorsports Center, which is approximately 200 yards from Mooresville Dragway.

Our office is a small showcase of some of our accomplishments as well as a "waiting room" for customers whose vehicles are being serviced and/or tuned. We keep a few parts on hand to give an example of our capabilities and keep potential customers abreast of current projects.

We share a building with PCMForLess of NC, which enables us to offer a one-stop-shop for performance junkies: we are now able to build your car and tune it in the same location, at the same time. Our facility is equipped with 6 lifts, an engine-assembly room, and a brand new Dynojet 224xLC.

This Dynojet uses some of the latest technology on the market. A simple click of the mouse or keyboard can turn the 224xLC from an eddy current dynamometer back into an inertia only dynamometer or vice versa.

A few pictures of some in-progress projects:

Our parking lot is undergoing a facelift at the moment while it is prepared to be paved. As you can see, we have quite a few projects in the works!

I will definitely post up some new pictures as soon as the paving is complete. I just wanted to log on, give you guys a quick tour, and introduce ourselves to you as a new sponsor here on LS1tech.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments about us! Our labor rate is ultra competitive in the LS1 industry and we've built quite a local reputation over the past few years for building FAST, reliable cars at very reasonable prices. I will be making a thread shortly highlighting the accomplishments of our shop car, Jonathan@Tick's 1999 Trans Am.

Thanks for having us, guys! Glad to be here.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A feature on our shop car, Jonathan's black 1999 Trans Am:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-vehicle-projects-shop-tours/806232-tick-performance-s-1999-trans-am-9-73-135-n.html
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice shop. Look's like you guy's do great work!Welcome!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site! I wish I would have known about you earlier though. I just moved down to Georgia from Mooresville 3 days ago. I would have liked to stop in and check it out! I'm sure I'll be going back up to visit, so I'll be sure to come by. Looks to be a pretty nice facility.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice shop layout.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thank you for the kind words and welcomes guys.

We actually just moved here ~2 months ago from our old, small shop in Mount Airy, NC! This is definitely a change of scenery and a step in the right direction. Good luck with your move spazzyfry123, and feel free to stop by whenever you're in town once again.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Always good to see a new business!

Nice story line too.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Teching In

I think you guys would get more business if you had a bigger blower on the counter. That looks like a pretty big hair dryer...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Nice Shop Guys!

I'm glad you guys are in Mooresville now. Just wanted to give a shout out for the quality of work Tick does. While in Mt. Airy Jonathan and his father installed my QTP's along with a Spec clutch and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Nick Williams tuned it for me at the time. Like Joey says their labor rate is awesome and these guys definitely know their stuff...I'll be back at some point in time!

Trent
Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Tick is the only place i'll let touch my cars great prices, friendly people, & they know there stuff
Old 10-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Launching!

welcome to the board guys!! and congratulations on the new shop in mooresville i am pretty sure that is going to be closer for me than mount airy was. as soon as my baby is paid for (june) you guys are going to be getting so much of my money!!

these guys are the real deal folks! i have seen many cars that they have helped put together, very impressive that pic of Jonathons car doing the wheel stand is all it took. then i met some of the cars at the triad f body
GTGs, well lets just say i am anxious!

see you guys soon

jman
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jonathan and his dad are great LS1 techs. For anyone that wants their car built right, this is the place to go
Old 11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

see ya'll tomorrow..Wooo

Quick Reply: Tick Performance of Mooresville, NC. New LS1Tech Sponsor!