Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen F-bodies Inside:

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blindxeyed
This is just a thought, but it could help. Whoever is the organizer of this, I would recommend using Google maps to put place marks at a certain location everytime someone posts that there car was stolen. It's very simple, go to maps.google.com. You have to have a Google account to do this. If your not already logged in, then log in. Once your at the main maps page, click the tab on the left hand side that says "My Maps". Create a new map from there. Here's an example of what you can do:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...1a747fd7ef0344

Just a sample I made up real quick. It would really help narrow down the location that these cars are getting stolen it most often. Just try to have everyone who reports in here, contact whoever wants to make the map with their information. Like I said, it is just an idea. Would love to see ya'll catch those bastards. Best of luck to ya'll.
That is a brilliant Idea. People should PM me their information if they haven't already!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blake @ FMS
That is a brilliant Idea. People should PM me their information if they haven't already!
Maybe even start a new thread on the whole idea and explain to everyone what you would like to do.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

here goes it Stolen F-Body Map
Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Souless
Blake and Dave you guys know my story. Towed away from my apt complex in destrehan, stipped to nothing, and found in avondale on the side of the road. Can't wait to find these guys, they got whats coming to them. I would just like to see them grow a real set of ***** and face me. Bunch of little pu$$ies!
Originally Posted by ddcook07
Ok everyone, you can now add me to the "Stolen F-Body List." Mine was stolen early monday morning in Metairie. Luckily, I had full coverage. The worst part is my notebook and jacket were in the car; best part, I had just take my handgun out of it the night before.
Originally Posted by cmc02
i might have some useful info. my car was almost stolen outside of my freinds apartment complex on veterans blvd. an offduty new orleans cop supposedly seen two black males trying to steal it. its to bad they got a way. they popped my t-top off even though it was lock and unplugged my alarm under the dash. about a week later some guy in a red ss pulls up to my house n tells me he knowswho tried stealing my car. the guys story was weird but basically he told me that there are two black males involved in the whole thing. they live in algiers and have a back yard full of cut up f-bodies. i know one of the guys works at pep boys in metairie on veterans. that guy drives like a 99 tahoe(black) 24's with a aftermarket hood.
Originally Posted by dave70
I was one of the lucky ones. Mine wasn't stolen but when i went to get in it in the morning someone had got in it and disabled the alarm (factory) by disconnecting it under the pass side kick panel you have like a 4 or 5 sec delay when you open the door b4 the alarm goes off so they had done this a few times b4 i guess.But someone must have scared them off b4 they could take it a few days b4 my neighbor told me someone stopped during the day and was looking at my car through the windshield(getting the vin?) Whatever they did are were in the middle of the car wouldn't start . this happened in Marrero about 4 month before Katrina.
Guys please send me your addresses and other information so I can put your case on the map
Old 01-10-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats terrible guys. Its great to see you coming together though. I hope you can find the loosers soon. Best of luck.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stangeater01
dont know if you realize.. if my memory serves me correctly but under the steering wheel there is a orange plug that reads your key chip if the wire is cut and bypassed they can start it with their own key takes seconds to do i have a f body and i park my truck behind it cant have it stolen
The guy who owns the 35th tried that. They cut the tranny linkage on his wife's vehicle and pushed it out of the way. His car was then rolled across his neighbors lawn and loaded on something. As far as I know it has never been found.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

I just found the story:

On third try, thieves finally steal prized car Wednesday, May 16, 2007By Mary Sparacello
Fixed of damage wrought by would-be car thieves, Robert Allen's anniversary edition sports car was back in his driveway less than 24 hours before thieves succeeded in stealing it.

Thus began a painful and, as yet, unresolved separation in a love affair that blossomed the day before Valentine's Day 2002, when the Kenner resident acquired the Chevrolet Camaro SS for $35,000. He says it was one of only 3,369 built in the 35th and final year that Chevrolet manufactured the muscle car.

Allen netted several awards at car shows and displayed Chevy's answer to the Ford Mustang at dozens of "cruise nights," basically car shows in parking lots. His daughter even used the red, silver-striped ride instead of a limousine to transport her on her wedding day.

But the affair took a tragic turn Saturday, when Allen thinks thieves squired it out of his driveway on a tow truck.

It wasn't the muscle car's first time as a target for car thieves. After two unsuccessful attempts -- 2 1/2 years ago and again two weeks ago -- thieves finally succeeded over the weekend.

"This was what was left in the driveway," Allen said, holding a Mickey Mouse antenna decoration that his son bought for him on a Disney honeymoon.

To deter theft, Allen had squeezed the Camaro into the driveway between his son's Mustang GT and his wife's Nissan Pathfinder. But someone managed to disconnect the transmission linkage on his wife's vehicle, shifted it into neutral, rolled it to the end of the driveway and blocked one wheel with a newspaper and the other with a rock.

Because only Allen possesses the special "kill switch" for the Camaro, he figures the thieves pushed it across his neighbor's side lawn and onto a wrecker.

"This wasn't your regular busted-window-with-glass-lying-around" theft, he said. "If it wasn't for the tire tracks in the grass they (police) would think I was lying."

Police said the job appeared to be more than the run-of-the-mill car theft.
Page 2 of 2
"I would consider this professional," said James Gallagher, Kenner Police Department spokesman, basing his conclusion on how the Pathfinder was moved to reach the Camaro. "That's not something a normal car thief is going to do because it would take a little more time than just jumping into a car and defeating the steering column.

"Somebody obviously took a liking to that particular car and was determined to get it," he said.

Because the car is a collector's edition it likely is not headed for a chop shop, said Frank Scafidi, spokesman for the National Insurance Crime Bureau.

"That type of limited edition vehicle is much more valuable intact," he said.

That means it might be intended for another country, Scafidi said. He said he doesn't have numbers but that cases of vehicles being "ordered" by someone outside the United States is fairly common.

Both previous theft attempts on the Camaro happened in parking lots near Allen's workplace, Ramsey's Jewelers in Metairie. Three people were arrested in the 2005 case, and one is still in jail. No one was arrested in the May 3 attempt.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default dddd

Originally Posted by stangeater01
we need to have a f body meet when we race around here there normally like 5 f bodys and i know there are more than that around i am tired of my car just sitting in the drive way
Maybe these F body meets are where they are first getting an eye on the car? Just a thought?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have seen a guy at SCR in BR with a red flatbed always towing an F-body. He always seems to be towing a different car. Can't say I've ever recalled seeing him racing the car however.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

why dont you guys set one up and take out the driveshaft. this way when he starts gettin into the accelerator you'll hear him and let the street justice begin
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
why dont you guys set one up and take out the driveshaft. this way when he starts gettin into the accelerator you'll hear him and let the street justice begin
sounds like they are towing them away so what good would that do?

Someone definitely needs to set up a bait car though - I would love to see a thread on this site about a couple of dead f-body thieves!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Regular

i dont remember were but i also heard people take these and re vin them and sell them out of state...this happened to my freinds o1 ss black....somhow he knew the right people to get it back from 2 states away...they made it look like a stock z28 and took all the ss parts off....

maybe this will help a little
Old 01-12-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Regular

i just thought too...my uncle has a race car and he trailers it...anyways he always gets followed home from the track.....never go straight home from track,car show,ect maybe that will help,,,,this has helped him

they were black males on crotch rockets!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

if they are taking the time to cut trans linkages on other cars they mean serious business.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems pretty risky for a few thousand dollars in parts. It must take a lot of intelligence.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tee-boy
Seems pretty risky for a few thousand dollars in parts. It must take a lot of intelligence.
That and alot of stupdity to rip someone off like they have. Hopefully they will get caught in the act soon and be brought down like the scum they are!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28berryhill
i just thought too...my uncle has a race car and he trailers it...anyways he always gets followed home from the track.....never go straight home from track,car show,ect maybe that will help,,,,this has helped him

they were black males on crotch rockets!!
( whites, every race steal also) not a color thing buddy

Last edited by lilicedout24; 01-14-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
( whites, every race steal also) not a color thing buddy
never said it was a color thing im just sayin who they were
Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Hey guys add me to the stolen F-body count. Sometime between 2-5 this morning someone took the LE. They didnt start it and the alarm didnt go off either. We need to do something about these ***** ******.
Gentlemen,

This is getting RIDICULOUS, as if it wasn't already out of hand. Obviously the NOPD don't give a RATF*CK, because nobody has come on this thread saying "HEY, Detective ClusterF*ck has opened case #23484-F for us guys who have had our F-Bodies stolen!"

This is quite noticeably an organized crime ring, given the professionalism associated with the thefts, and everyone knows it. Has anyone given thought to getting the Feds involved? Everyone so far has had so many great ideas, some involving ingenious GPS style tracking devices, etc... yet most are "vigilante" in nature, and would be uncannily circumstantial if successful. GRANTED, I would absolutely L O V E to see a bait-car set up somewhere in Slidell, with 20 pissed off shotgun-armed F-Body owners waiting in the shadows, but again, a lucky catch. Now, I'm in the Operations Division at an airport here in north LA, and have ready access to the FBI field office contact numbers...you know, given all the terrorism bullsh*t going on and such. HONESTLY...it's time to get the big dogs involved. PM me if interested in the FBI's field office numbers. If you're not lazy, just check your phone book, the numbers should be in there...if they're not, PM me.

Jesus CHRIST this **** is pissing me off...and I don't even live in NOLA anymore!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FST-Z
Gentlemen,

This is getting RIDICULOUS, as if it wasn't already out of hand. Obviously the NOPD don't give a RATF*CK, because nobody has come on this thread saying "HEY, Detective ClusterF*ck has opened case #23484-F for us guys who have had our F-Bodies stolen!"

This is quite noticeably an organized crime ring, given the professionalism associated with the thefts, and everyone knows it. Has anyone given thought to getting the Feds involved? Everyone so far has had so many great ideas, some involving ingenious GPS style tracking devices, etc... yet most are "vigilante" in nature, and would be uncannily circumstantial if successful. GRANTED, I would absolutely L O V E to see a bait-car set up somewhere in Slidell, with 20 pissed off shotgun-armed F-Body owners waiting in the shadows, but again, a lucky catch. Now, I'm in the Operations Division at an airport here in north LA, and have ready access to the FBI field office contact numbers...you know, given all the terrorism bullsh*t going on and such. HONESTLY...it's time to get the big dogs involved. PM me if interested in the FBI's field office numbers. If you're not lazy, just check your phone book, the numbers should be in there...if they're not, PM me.

Jesus CHRIST this **** is pissing me off...and I don't even live in NOLA anymore!!!
That is a great idea and would love to see it happen, but the hard is actually opening the cases on them. I dont know if they would just laugh if you called them and said hey my car was stolen i want a top notch federal investigation open on it. I'm sure if you can prove to them that it is a gang or special group of individuals that are implicated in most of the crimes it would be easier to get them invovled! All in all great idea jus have to see what is the right way to approach it!

Quick Reply: Stolen F-bodies Inside: