Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hello from a new Alabama Sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now for the "Real World" side of the story.....I've been an auto enthusiast for the better part of the last 20 years and dealt with most of the "reputable" speed shops in the Birmingham area as well as quite a few shops out of state during that time. With that said SpeedSouth has earned my business for both the quality of their work and their EXCELLENT customer service. Each time that I have visited their shop I have been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. From minor maintenance issues (brakes, belts, etc on my 383 C5 ZO6) to involved projects such as installing a M122H supercharger and built trans in my TBSS (put down 498 rwhp), they have all gone over and beyond to make sure that I was more than pleased. Their knowledge, expertise, and attention to detail is top notch. I've noticed that they make everyone that comes into their shop feel welcome and like one of the "family". They have literally jumped through hoops to make sure that I was taken care of and back on the road. Thank you again SpeedSouth for the pleasurable business dealings and welcome to the site!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

I have done business with speedsouth for a good while now. Never a bad experience. As a few of you stated before they are a pleasure to deal with. These guys build some very cool rides. hopefully robert will take my advice and post up some pics of a few cars that are there at this time, some of you will be amazed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i dont know why anyone would think that the people from speedsouth are ********. They also do more than LSX stuff. I hope Robert will post up pics of the 03 cobra that they have built. I dont think there is one stock piece on it. I hope this year will be better than the last for you guys.

Hunter
Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

This was a few years back but I also had a few good experiences with Robert and SpeedSouth.

1) First time I met Robert I was at the drag strip in my h/c/spray LS1 Z28, it suddenly started raining. I was taking off my ET Drags and putting my street tires back on, Robert was driving by and decided to stop, introduce himself and help me finish up and load up my car. I was by myself that day and really appreciated the help.

2) A couple of months later, Robert and the shop helped diagnose some issues I was having with that LS1 car - and did quite a lot of troubleshooting, especially considering it wasn't their build and they didn't do the install.

3) After that, I bought a Miata from one of the guys that worked there and got them to install a Borla exhaust on it.

This was in the 2001-2003 time frame, and even though I probably spent around $1,000 total with them, they always seem to take plenty time to talk through options with me.

Robert and I have talked about pricing lately on a few projects I'm looking at, and he went over some of the 'extra' little things they planned on doing (included in his pricing) that sometimes tend to nickel and dime you at other shops.

Last edited by jhelms; 01-03-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey who does the tuning over there? Bc whenever i get my car back together im going to have it dyno tuned so i will be needing a good tuner.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the inquiry BJ. We do all of our custom tunes in house.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, or pm your e-mail address and I can send you a custom tune form.

Talk soon,
Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree some good LS shops are needed in Alabama...not many around here...most i know here in South Alabama specialize in Mustangs...grr..lol no shop around here will do a good tune or work on LS cars...There are some good mechanics..but they still dont tune. Good luck and Welcome as a Sponsor. Might have to visit ya'll...lookin to do cam and headers on my car.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Robert@SPEEDSOUTH
We do all of our custom tunes in house.
aahh, finally! Been wanting to get my car dyno tuned for a year now. Bought it from a member on here right at a year ago, has some mild mods (mti hammer cam, ported tb and some other small things) but he never got it tuned.

Might have to give you guys a call this week and find out more info. :yup: I'm just up the skreet in Trussville.

Quick Reply: Hello from a new Alabama Sponsor