Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

shreveport/bossier get together

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hammerdown2000
jesus, yall sound like some little kids!!! thats exactly why i disliked that night at rrr. everyone was full of themselves. simply put. anyways looks like me and 01redssa4 are deff. going. if you come great, and lets have a good time. se ya there steve.
You took it all wrong, did you not see the smiley faces? Calm down, I respect you guys decisions.
You must have been with the wrong crowd at RRR? Everyone in our group is very friendly and helpful to everyone who comes up. And most of the guys out there in our group don't race, they go just to hang out with other real car guys. Anyways, thanks for the invite guys but it sounds like this isn't my group either. I hope ya'lls deal works out and you guys are welcome anytime to come hang out with us at the track we'll be parked all along the fence down around the 1/8th mile mark. Stop by and introduce yourself. You guys enjoy
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

best thing i can say is this.....i have heard lots of bitching about why there isn't a car club here. i myself would participate if there was one. its hard for me to understand some people wanting to come and hang out then saying no we should have it here no we should have it here, well this may not be the car club for me. damn WTF? thats what somebody gets for trying around here i see.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Jeff!!!! Whats this i hear bout a car club??? I have been working and havent had a chance to get on here in a few days. I would love to come out to sonic tomorrow. I get off at 8. Everyone still be there?? I work at one of the boats so it wouldnt take me long to get there. Just as long as everyone doesnt pick on me. I had a blow out this morning and between now and then i wont have a chance to get some new tires. I am throwing some dr's finally on the back so i can hook a little better and run some 12's at the track next time i go. This sonic... this is at the corner of pines and w. 70th?
Old 12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

pines and w70th, yep
Old 12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

I'll be there, donut and all!! Well, on second thought... maybe i wont. Has anyone checked the weather? Theres a 100% chance of rain and sustained 25-30mph winds tomorrow. That sucks. I got a donut on, i am spending time with my son this weekend also. I am hate driving around with that thing on. I am defintley down for a club or racing. It would be cool for me if it was next weekend.

Last edited by taws6m6; 12-14-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 AM
12 Second Club

Smile Don't take Things the Wrong Way

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
best thing i can say is this.....i have heard lots of bitching about why there isn't a car club here. i myself would participate if there was one. its hard for me to understand some people wanting to come and hang out then saying no we should have it here no we should have it here, well this may not be the car club for me. damn WTF? thats what somebody gets for trying around here i see.
We have always been very open with our opinions on here and like *** holes we all have them. An f-body club is a great idea, all of us like our rides ( showing them off, racing them & cruz'in ). Just open your eyes, 7 pm its dark & this weekend the weather is taking a **** on us, don't think there will be much looking and talking in these conditions and there was not alot of notice to make it. Some of us are right in the middle of working on our cars over the winter getting ready for things to come, some of our rear ends & tires don't like a wet road. As I said there are "alot of guys & gals in the Ark La Tex that would love a good Fbody club" and as you said "damn WTF".
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Launching!

well im still going to either pines road sonic or the one on airline at 5 pm. so c ya
Old 12-15-2007, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

i would love to be a part of all this i have a 01 ws6 the wifes car, and a 00 ss thats mine that i would love to bring over from ruston it would have to be next time because we have a xmas party tonight but i would love to make the next on let me know when it is
Old 12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cainsw
Damn, you don't have to get mad about it! I go out there about every 2 weeks, either on Friday or Sat. not both days. It's 23 miles from Shreveport, not much of a drive. What do you use your car for? Enjoy it some, take it and actually use it like it should be used Corvette guys like to meet up and take about how pretty their cars are and go down to the cafe not f body guys! Lets all sell our cars and buy some mini vans and we'll start the Shreveport/Bossier Mini Van Club WWW.SBMVC.COM LOL

Seriously though, what ever the reason is for you not caring about going to the track, I respect that. And I like to hangout but ooohing and ahhhhing over someones freshly waxed car isn't my thing either.

FWIW, I'm married, 13yrs with 2 daughters and they love going to the track. When I sneak off to the track and leave my 5yr old at home, she stays pissed at me for 2 days. Guess I'm raising them right Oh and I'm FULLY COMMITTED to my family also
I would have loved to come if it werent for 2 things......My car needs a tune because I just put a set of heads on it and I have a corvette, so I may just sit around and look at the wax lol FWIW, not all corvette owners are old and use their cars as waxers. I have a nice mix of go fast and look good parts. I would love to hang out with other LS1 owners but it wont be until after Christmas.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned

Talking Did he say "STREET RACE"

Originally Posted by caddobass
Damn I knew that, west 70th. Are ya'll sure you want to go out in this weather they are calling for on saturday. Just not sure a outside drive in place will work. If ya'll are not up for visiting RRR for a little racing from time to time this may not be the car club I'm looking for. cainsw & myself love to race and that is where we are on alot of Fridays & Saturdays. I don't street race, but do like to go fast.
Yeah , like GM's 1/2 mile strip is only like 5 minutes from Sonic on West 70th .
Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

I know Vette owner are not all that way. I was refering to most of the local corvette club guys. I had a Vette about 6 years ago and I wasn't that way, my dad owns a 03 Z06 and my uncle has a 01 vertable. So don't take that as a hit, it wasn't ment that way.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Yeah , like GM's 1/2 mile strip is only like 5 minutes from Sonic on West 70th .
I was wondering if people still street race around here. As soon as I get my tune done, I need to get in the mix
Old 12-15-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cainsw
I know Vette owner are not all that way. I was refering to most of the local corvette club guys. I had a Vette about 6 years ago and I wasn't that way, my dad owns a 03 Z06 and my uncle has a 01 vertable. So don't take that as a hit, it wasn't ment that way.
No offense taken man I was just kidding. I enjoy all Ls1 cars
Old 12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Launching!

so who is deff. coming 2 night
Old 12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Hey fellaz I'm not gonna make it tonite. The lil' lady doesn't wanna deal with the 25mph wind and the 30 degree low tonite, and I can't say that I blame her! We'll see what the weather is doing next saturday, I still DEFINITELY wanna meet you guys!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id love to check this out but my car is out of commission right now..
Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

well the first try was a miss, i didn't expect too much considering the weather and its so close to the holidays. i was late due to being on flat but i made it. i saw caddobass pulling out as we were pulling in but he didn't circle around and come back, maybe he didn't want the cherry limeade i was gonna buy him. maybe next sat we can plan a quick meet up and at least do a quick meet and greet if nothing else. if this is gonna happen its gotta start somewhere. btw i did see a Z24 there with a fart can.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 12-15-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

btw if your car is down thats cool bring the wife's car but at least bring some pics of yours.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 12-15-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

shoot for this weekend and i will definatley be in. The weather and my donut shyed me away. Jeff, you wind up goin?? How was it? As far as car clubs go you know i am down. I have been wanting to for a long time. Doesnt matter to me if i race or not. I can go to gilliam anytime by myself and get a time slip when i do more mods. I think it would be cool if we could all get together and build something worth while
Old 12-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Launching!

yeah chris it was way to cold! especially with that 40 mph wind. but i got the chance to meet caddobass (wayne). hes a pretty good guy, if he can keep out of trouble. jp man. it was too ***** cold to wait on 01ssreda4 (steve) to join us! btw wayne was prob. to cold to turn around, im sure it was nothing against you steve. i know i sure the F*ck was to cold.

well yeah, we will shoot for next weekend if yall want. depending on the weather. if it was as cold as it was tonight (with the wind) i prob. w/n make it. im a texas boy this is to cold! but temp wise im good to go.

ummm. do yall want to meet in that same place? cuz that was way to small for me. also do yall to plan it for the day?so we could take a cruise. i saw lots of people looking at our cars. also im gonna take another try at making a f-body club web-page. if someone knows how or has the experience, please chime in, and help me.

see yall hopefully next weekend.
sorry if there is any misspellings but... im drunk

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier get together