Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen F-Body Map/ Plot

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just jack the car up and take a wheel or two off whenever you get home

But in all seriousness, you may be able to find a way to put a valving or something into the brake lines to keep any kind of fluid from going to the calipers... Just a thought.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

This stuff is wild.....
Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 95CamZ
You just buy any type of toggle swith and run under the dash or where you would hide it and then mine is run to the starter! So the car doesnt respond at all when you put the key, and there is a way to tap it directly into the ignition some how but i had trouble doing it that way so changed it to run to the starter. that is how mine is done. I would recommend it its very simple, i would even do it for you if you didnt want to fool with it. I'm going to be out there sunday with either a maroon 95 Z28 or a black 95 Z28! The maroon one is the one that was stolen and has the switch, havent gotten around to do it to the other!
i recommend the fuel pump wire instead. first there is way less current going through it so you wouldnt have to run a relay or worry about burning up your toggle switch if you didnt run a relay, second you can tap into it 100 different places, and third, if they have a key and its turning over but not starting they will be puzzled as to why and maybe they will keep trying hoping it will crank, giving you a few more precious seconds to catch them. my .02, actually the residual pressure in the line will make it almost crank for a sec, therefor confusing them even more.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Launching!

My cousin told me to run it to the fuel pump, but was stuck on doing it my way and no i didnt run a relay!! Might end up switching it over once again!(to fuel pump) always smart to listen to someone who has alot more knowledge and is alot older! thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i recommend the fuel pump wire instead. first there is way less current going through it so you wouldnt have to run a relay or worry about burning up your toggle switch if you didnt run a relay, second you can tap into it 100 different places, and third, if they have a key and its turning over but not starting they will be puzzled as to why and maybe they will keep trying hoping it will crank, giving you a few more precious seconds to catch them. my .02, actually the residual pressure in the line will make it almost crank for a sec, therefor confusing them even more.
Thats actually a great idea!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

It is highly suspected that there is some type of a tow vehicle stealing some of these cars. I know of a few people who had multiple devices on their car and they were still stolen. Some of the cars had loud exhausts and yet were never heard during the times of the thefts.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

yes its a double post, but very worthy

On third try, thieves finally steal prized car Wednesday, May 16, 2007By Mary Sparacello
Fixed of damage wrought by would-be car thieves, Robert Allen's anniversary edition sports car was back in his driveway less than 24 hours before thieves succeeded in stealing it.

Thus began a painful and, as yet, unresolved separation in a love affair that blossomed the day before Valentine's Day 2002, when the Kenner resident acquired the Chevrolet Camaro SS for $35,000. He says it was one of only 3,369 built in the 35th and final year that Chevrolet manufactured the muscle car.

Allen netted several awards at car shows and displayed Chevy's answer to the Ford Mustang at dozens of "cruise nights," basically car shows in parking lots. His daughter even used the red, silver-striped ride instead of a limousine to transport her on her wedding day.

But the affair took a tragic turn Saturday, when Allen thinks thieves squired it out of his driveway on a tow truck.

It wasn't the muscle car's first time as a target for car thieves. After two unsuccessful attempts -- 2 1/2 years ago and again two weeks ago -- thieves finally succeeded over the weekend.

"This was what was left in the driveway," Allen said, holding a Mickey Mouse antenna decoration that his son bought for him on a Disney honeymoon.

To deter theft, Allen had squeezed the Camaro into the driveway between his son's Mustang GT and his wife's Nissan Pathfinder. But someone managed to disconnect the transmission linkage on his wife's vehicle, shifted it into neutral, rolled it to the end of the driveway and blocked one wheel with a newspaper and the other with a rock.

Because only Allen possesses the special "kill switch" for the Camaro, he figures the thieves pushed it across his neighbor's side lawn and onto a wrecker.

"This wasn't your regular busted-window-with-glass-lying-around" theft, he said. "If it wasn't for the tire tracks in the grass they (police) would think I was lying."

Police said the job appeared to be more than the run-of-the-mill car theft.
Page 2 of 2
"I would consider this professional," said James Gallagher, Kenner Police Department spokesman, basing his conclusion on how the Pathfinder was moved to reach the Camaro. "That's not something a normal car thief is going to do because it would take a little more time than just jumping into a car and defeating the steering column.

"Somebody obviously took a liking to that particular car and was determined to get it," he said.

Because the car is a collector's edition it likely is not headed for a chop shop, said Frank Scafidi, spokesman for the National Insurance Crime Bureau.

"That type of limited edition vehicle is much more valuable intact," he said.

That means it might be intended for another country, Scafidi said. He said he doesn't have numbers but that cases of vehicles being "ordered" by someone outside the United States is fairly common.

Both previous theft attempts on the Camaro happened in parking lots near Allen's workplace, Ramsey's Jewelers in Metairie. Three people were arrested in the 2005 case, and one is still in jail. No one was arrested in the May 3 attempt.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's up with the reported mismatched F Body's at midnight madness??
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by snake hunter
Blake, great job on the map. Are you planning on providing this info to EBR Sheriff or BRPD? May get their attention, but maybe not......Andy
Thanks Andy, Sorry I haven't called about a F-body owners meeting yet. I didn't set one up yet because I'm trying to pin point a few things and get some more logistics worked out. like this map etc.

As Lorcin said, these cars are for the most part being stolen by tow truck if the vehicle is in considerable range of the owners home or if it is highly modified and loud. Check the map and each point has a written description of how the car was probably taken.

Mis matched cars at Midnight madness... let's see

2 "SS" camaro's were there cheaply painted a blue similar to Mini Cooper blue. One had cloth LT1 stle 30th aniv seats in it yet had ls1 front end/dash etc. NO SS badges or z28 badges. Here is a color example

1 Trans Am WS6 painted a very bright gold. Sort of like GTP gold but more of a ghetto tint. Someone hit the back bumper of this one and you could see red paint shining through as the gold flaked off. Crappy paint job probably thrown on in a hurry. I have been working in Gramercy lately as a junior engineer and saw this one in a close by town on my lunch break one day. It was Laplace...which is about 15-20 mins from downtown New Orleans. Here is a color example. Sorry for using your car steven... I know some T/A's came in gold. But this was def not a factory gold....it looked like candy paint or something from House of Colors.

3-4 black f-bodies with horrible paint jobs. Everyone knows black shows any ill prep work or imperfections. One convertible "SS" had the 99 quad tip SLP centermount exhaust that seemed to be hacked up a little. But then again it was kind of a dark area of the track that I saw this one.

All these guys were from New Orleans as per a friend of mine. They showed up in a group and hung out together the whole night. My Friend grew up in N.O. said he recognized a few of them in some form from down there.

Last edited by Theblueone; 01-13-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

true the stater and fuel pump kills are not intended to prevent a tow truck. a dog would alert you though. and you would get a friend out of the deal too.....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blake @ FMS
Thanks Andy, Sorry I haven't called about a F-body owners meeting yet. I didn't set one up yet because I'm trying to pin point a few things and get some more logistics worked out. like this map etc.

As Lorcin said, these cars are for the most part being stolen by tow truck if the vehicle is in considerable range of the owners home or if it is highly modified and loud. Check the map and each point has a written description of how the car was probably taken.

Mis matched cars at Midnight madness... let's see

2 "SS" camaro's were there cheaply painted a blue similar to Mini Cooper blue. One had cloth LT1 stle 30th aniv seats in it yet had ls1 front end/dash etc. NO SS badges or z28 badges. Here is a color example

1 Trans Am WS6 painted a very bright gold. Sort of like GTP gold but more of a ghetto tint. Someone hit the back bumper of this one and you could see red paint shining through as the gold flaked off. Crappy paint job probably thrown on in a hurry. I have been working in Gramercy lately as a junior engineer and saw this one in a close by town on my lunch break one day. It was Laplace...which is about 15-20 mins from downtown New Orleans. Here is a color example. Sorry for using your car steven... I know some T/A's came in gold. But this was def not a factory gold....it looked like candy paint or something from House of Colors.

3-4 black f-bodies with horrible paint jobs. Everyone knows black shows any ill prep work or imperfections. One convertible "SS" had the 99 quad tip SLP centermount exhaust that seemed to be hacked up a little. But then again it was kind of a dark area of the track that I saw this one.

All these guys were from New Orleans as per a friend of mine. They showed up in a group and hung out together the whole night. My Friend grew up in N.O. said he recognized a few of them in some form from down there.

Quick to Judge? Guilty until proven innocent?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by little Red Camaro
here is a better way! Instal one of these
That would be absolutely hilarious if they opened the car and some giant dog jumped out and mauled the **** out of them.

The coolest thing you could do is rig up a hand gun to shoot when the door opens. Just hop in the passenger's side and undo it in the morning. I know it might not sound, "smart or legal" but it would work. Especially if you had dark tint.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I've always loved that alarm system from Robocop. The thief gets locked in the car and electrocuted. lol.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe you guys should invest in this. http://www.ravelco.com/dealers/gulfcoast_info.htm

Still if the want to tow they can but damn that crap is crazy in New Orleans.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

I suggest getting Lojack. There was only one person I heard of who had their car stolen from BR and recovered 4 hours later on the westbank in New Orleans, and they had Lojack.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

yeah guys do something ive been doing a lot of research on this. they are peeling the windows back and gaining entry thats why knowone is finding broken glass
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tee-boy
Quick to Judge? Guilty until proven innocent?

No, I'm not judging, just posting up any information regarding the subject. The sights at Midnight madness were just suspicious...that is something no-one could deny.

My apologies if I have mentioned someone on this boards vehicle as suspicious. But if I have, please step forward and introduce yourself. We can only fight this thing as a group. One on one gets us no-where.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

I looked on the FBI website and they do investigate car theft rings. It says so in plain text on their site!
Everyone subscribed or viewing this thread please go to www.fbi.gov and submit a crime tip on their website. If enough of us band together we may see some action.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 PM

whats up blake i have a blue ss that was at midnite maddness and its not stolen r put 2gether just becuz it have no badges its stolen
Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 PM

want to keep your car heres your answer
http://www.gpsonsale.com/vehicletrac...hief-Track.htm