Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

This guy spends the last 5 years building his car....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:39 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That car needs to be ran to it's potential first before selling it.

I'm pretty sure Vengeance built it for some type of advertising purpose as well as for their most "loyal" customer .... So it'd be a shame not to do the job first. Run the #, then sell it.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Really, where? I haven't seen it advertised and I'm on RJ, Yellow bullet, the Orsca boards as well as a few others nearly every night?

Thanx for the props.

Like I said, it'll be tuff to watch her go but change is good-
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1015705/540-Camaro.html

And the price for that link... a ride in the new car when it's yours haha.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'monnnnnnn.....

Selling?

*****, man....

I remember seeing that -clean- WS6 for the 1st time at the cruise-in the night that guy brought out his brand new, hot off the press '06 Zo6... and when he (Bill- Zo6) heard my TT Firehawk was there he got out of his car to check out my engine bay and chat..... and when I found out you had your car there your wife let you out of the house---finally I dropped the crowd around my car to check out yours.... and that was before you had the big engine in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A strong memory (that night)...

Damn.... Honestly.... Seriously.... I'm SAD to see this thread.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
C'monnnnnnn.....

Selling?

*****, man....

I remember seeing that -clean- WS6 for the 1st time at the cruise-in the night that guy brought out his brand new, hot off the press '06 Zo6... and when he (Bill- Zo6) heard my TT Firehawk was there he got out of his car to check out my engine bay and chat..... and when I found out you had your car there your wife let you out of the house---finally I dropped the crowd around my car to check out yours.... and that was before you had the big engine in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A strong memory (that night)...

Damn.... Honestly.... Seriously.... I'm SAD to see this thread.
I don't understand a damn word you just said.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Well.... just damn it man.

Was hoping to keep this my dirty little secret until it was final.

Thought we had the car sold for the asking price. Everything looked to be a go, but ol' boy went MIA.

Currently listed on racingjunk.com. Not in a real big hurry. It'll sell eventually.

Josh is right. It's a sweet car..... but it's done. Can't see cutting on it to get it where I'd like it to be. Always wanted a chassis/BBC/big tire street car.

Ron is almost accurate, but am trying to stay with the 4th gen. body. Everyone knows Ronny is my hero, and just want something more along the lines of lil' red hope

Here's what I'm looking at. Seller is not in a hurry either, and will hold as long as it takes. It was built to be a big balled street/show car, and was actually very well done.

540" pump gas friendly 10200"(tall deck)Merlin/ dry sump BBC doing 790 FWHP on a soft tune.
Brodix 3x heads.
Motor plate.
Fuel injection motor.
Front mount distributor/MSD 6AL
Big fuel system/12 gal. fuel cell
Manual TH400/3600 converter.
Narrowed 9"/4:10 gear.
Strut car.
Fully adj. suspension.
8.50 cert. chassis @ 2800lbs.

No N2o on the car ever, but will sport a big wet kiss (or two ) when this happens.

At least I'm not moving over to the dark side guys..... still staying w/GM..... just time for something different-

Holy ******' Hell... I approve of this statement!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cars are cars and hot rods are hot rods..they come and go .. I was with you
the first time you laid eyes on that BB car up at Commerce last year and you were hot for it back then ... it is a very nice piece..I echo again my recommendation to sell the pewter pig and get this BB car...when we talked the other day you sounded like you were ready for a new hot rod and if things work out you should get into this car right..good luck with the sale of your car and purchase of the BB car...

Last edited by slt200mph; 01-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.