Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

lakefront meet this sunday the feb 10

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCobra
I hate hattiesburg plus i'm still sick. I've lost 8 lbs from this crap the past 2 weeks. We used to go out there at least twice a month cause no body had a cage and they don't give a ****. Too much BS with swamp buggies, 4 wheelers, and crash up derby cars oiling down the track and wasting the day. It's not that bad for you guys in slidell cause you're in the halfway point to HSberg and No problem but it's about 120 miles one way.

I got a bunch of **** in today that i shouldn't have bought, but i'm putting that on tomorrow and trying to hit the dyno sat. so i don't blow the motor before the new one is on the way and end up with a pile of junk i can't sell. I couldn't find a belt for my pulley set up that didnt' slip so i had to order a bigger lower crank pulley to eat the slack up, and i have some fuel system parts that came in. I'm on standby too sunday with the rear end deal. I'm going to pull my friends solid axle out his cobra, my IRS out of mine, and put my IRS in his in trade for some CC plates and strange 10 way adjustable struts.

Then i have to put the new solid in mine and i still don't have exhaust for it. Anyone recommend a good exhaust shop? I'm keeping my bassani mufflers cause i like the sound, and the tips cause they fit the bumper and contour. I need someone to make me some 2 3/4 inch pipes over the rear axle.
Awe! Cry me a river Justin Timberlake. jfwy. I drive from slidell to donaldsonville which is closer to you and run my car. Who knows I might end up on the lake too. Just come up on the 17. I'll have food so you can gain those 8 lbs back and then sum.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELLLLLLLL no.....i need to lose 12 more lbs LOL. I'm hardcore with the sunday morning bike racing. I'm one of the fastest guys out there. 2 people faster then me weigh about 15lbs less than me but my bike makes 3 to 5 more HP than them and that's HUGE on a bike, plus i can ride. I could go for a smoothie though

I was driving home tonight and noticed i'm missing about 10 hg/in of vacuum. I usually pull about 20 inches of vacuum and it was at 10 tonight. Time to chase some lines for leaks, plus KB sucks ***. they couldn't design the damn inlet plenum to be removed easy, so i have to pull the ENTIRE blower to swap injectors. I'm wondering if the blower was loosening up somehow.

I'll be crying you a river tomorrow when i'm doing this injector swap. My hands are destroyed. I had to help a friend pull all the dynomat out of his car and that **** cut me all over, plus i'm burnt the hell up from mardi gras.

I hope to meet some of you guys at the lake sunday. I know the guys from the shop are bringing the red hatch and blue coupe again. Few of my buddies with GTO's are coming and my boy might drive his trans am. I know he's having transmission problems though.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

damn yall we could ave had a good cruise up to hattiesburg and ran thats where ill b, im racing dsome dick in a gt that thinks hes bad **** cuz he beat me by 4 cars and i spun 2 and a half cars off the line, so off to the track we go, there are no excuses.

there having a big show at gukfport sat. ill be there around 12pm
Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

I hope to meet some of you guys at the lake sunday. I know the guys from the shop are bringing the red hatch and blue coupe again. Few of my buddies with GTO's are coming and my boy might drive his trans am. I know he's having transmission problems though.
Me too!! I get excited to meet and hang out with other car (and bike) enthusiats!! My buddies with an 02 and 99 GT will be out there and possibly my dads friend with his jaw dropping 69 camaro!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I still might go to hattiesburg just look for the black vette.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Is that you bobby?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I still might go to hattiesburg just look for the black vette.
cool, there will b a few of us including the dick, ill look for ya, if u go post up sun and ill check on here to c, ill b on a spoilerless dark red gto
Old 02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

HELLLLLLLL no.....i need to lose 12 more lbs LOL. I'm hardcore with the sunday morning bike racing. I'm one of the fastest guys out there. 2 people faster then me weigh about 15lbs less than me but my bike makes 3 to 5 more HP than them and that's HUGE on a bike, plus i can ride. I could go for a smoothie though

I was driving home tonight and noticed i'm missing about 10 hg/in of vacuum. I usually pull about 20 inches of vacuum and it was at 10 tonight. Time to chase some lines for leaks, plus KB sucks ***. they couldn't design the damn inlet plenum to be removed easy, so i have to pull the ENTIRE blower to swap injectors. I'm wondering if the blower was loosening up somehow.

I'll be crying you a river tomorrow when i'm doing this injector swap. My hands are destroyed. I had to help a friend pull all the dynomat out of his car and that **** cut me all over, plus i'm burnt the hell up from mardi gras.

Let me help you with that blower problem. Me, Joe , and Elton can put ls motor in that cobra for you. Who knows you might like it.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah its me being loud and in color. Matt just went down in the parish to go mess around with sum of the guys down there.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Teching In

What is 87 silver bullet?? GN??

No way on the LS1 motor LOL.

YOu hitting the "spot" sunday night again? Anything good happen after we left?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran

yeah 87 silverbullet is the silver 87 t-type that went under in katrina that i'm putting back together.

Aw c'mon man we can put a turbo on an ls1 in your car and then the maniacs will be copycat'n that idea

Nah nothing went down after the race we just went to the daquiri shop after and met up with stupid brad,normal brad(twin) sherman, elton, and craig. And you know it! I will be at the same spot sun. nite
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Teching In

LOL. Can't believe both twins and their dad are all down right now. We'll be out there again. Not sure if the care will be finished that quick. When i leave the lake i'm gonna come home and tear the rear out. Then drive to covington and pull his, put mine in, and come home and put the solid BACK in mine. UGH. Want to help?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Gotta work sat. and sunday planning on hitting hattiesburg. Plus, touching a ford might be like dracula to holy water for me just kidding. If I don't go to hattiesburg I'll call you. Nothing like grease under your fingernails on a sunday woohoo!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Rubber medical gloves son....rubber medical gloves
Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

You are not pulling an intake off the car were talking a rear end here as soon as you touch that rear end the gloves are going to tear.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Teching In

It's a box of 100
Old 02-09-2008, 06:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Those rubber medical gloves can be used for protection. They're a five shot use if you include the thumb!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Teching In

I prefer walmart bags.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Those rubber medical gloves can be used for protection. They're a five shot use if you include the thumb!
lmao....i might have to try that......
Old 02-09-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just cut off the fingers and use those

Quick Reply: lakefront meet this sunday the feb 10