Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you guys interested in meeting up sometime soon..? Im probably no more than an hr from Columbus.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

We ought to me up at Petsmart on either the 1st or 3rd friday of the month...That's when/where the Mustang guys meet up (Columbus City Stangs). I was talking with one of the guys at Sonic last night...he says anybodys welcome to come hang out with them but when they cruise everyone who doesn't have a Mustang has to ride in the back of the convoy...I say we get a bunch of F-bodies together and cruise in front of them....lol

but no, in all seriousness i'd be down for a meet....but right now isn't the best time....Craig can't drive yet, Jeremy's still building his car, Karl is deployed.....and I only know of 2 other F-body owners, Chris and Tim (i was out with them last night)....so it wouldn't be much of a meet....
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
We ought to me up at Petsmart on either the 1st or 3rd friday of the month...That's when/where the Mustang guys meet up (Columbus City Stangs). I was talking with one of the guys at Sonic last night...he says anybodys welcome to come hang out with them but when they cruise everyone who doesn't have a Mustang has to ride in the back of the convoy...I say we get a bunch of F-bodies together and cruise in front of them....lol

but no, in all seriousness i'd be down for a meet....but right now isn't the best time....Craig can't drive yet, Jeremy's still building his car, Karl is deployed.....and I only know of 2 other F-body owners, Chris and Tim (i was out with them last night)....so it wouldn't be much of a meet....
and I leave for school tell Aug, lol
Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Launching!

I'm down to meet to meet up. From Auburn, AL
Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Well, whenever I am game.. I recently bought my TA, about 3 months ago.. been doin work ever since.. I am about 30 miles south of ATL, and never mind a nice cruise, just got my windows tinted.. damn 3 more days with the windows up blows.. I'll keep in and as long as a few days notice i'll be down to cruise, meet up, w/e..
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We will get something worked out again. I went and got me alittle tool cart, thursday evening put an end to this misplacing tools crap. Saw a new GT500 today, what I wouldn't have gave to beat up on it. Still had dealer tags and the owner looked like he needed a good punking. Some of the mustang guys have a mouth on them. They don't understand how terrible the little 4.6 was til the machs and terminators came out. Those two and a 5.0 are the only mustangs I would own. Someone in the apartment complex bought a new 5.0 mustang. Nice blue color, just hate how the bottom of the bumper looks. We could always show our order in the food chain using the mustangs. They use to have a guy with a nasty black notch fox. The guys wife was a dentist at love dental. It was a stroker car with nitrous, he was a cool dude.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Teching In

I'm down to meet up. Have been wanting to meet someother fbody guys in Columbus. Should do it this coming weekend. Even if its only a few of us for now.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

I saw this newish white GT on Veterans last night...pulled up next to it to see if the dude would race...he guns it for a sec and all i hear is whine and a very nice sounding exhaust....i'm like ****....this guys going to stomp me...but then he turned....lucky for me...i would have still ran him though...
But hey...if you guys want to have a little get together this coming weekend i'll be down for it...i think it would be cool to show up at the Petsmart when all those mustang guys meet up....put'em to shame...lol...who knows...might be able to get a couple of good runs in then also....
Old 05-16-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this newish white GT on Veterans last night...pulled up next to it to see if the dude would race...he guns it for a sec and all i hear is whine and a very nice sounding exhaust....i'm like ****....this guys going to stomp me...but then he turned....lucky for me...i would have still ran him though...
But hey...if you guys want to have a little get together this coming weekend i'll be down for it...i think it would be cool to show up at the Petsmart when all those mustang guys meet up....put'em to shame...lol...who knows...might be able to get a couple of good runs in then also....
and that, my friend, is just the sort of attitude tha causes us to get kicked out of places. Owning an Fbody is like being king of the mountain. you are already on top, you just sit and wait for someone to challenger you, then you accept and squash them. you dont go looking for it.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:37 AM
11 Second Club

okay, first of all...i wasn't at a "place"....i was just cruising around....second, i just pulled up next to the dude and paced him to see what he would do....i'm not some ricer that pulls into a parking lot with a bunch of cars and starts reving my engine....

but i didn't buy a camaro to just stand next to it in a parking lot and talk **** about all the hondas and their fart cans (although that is fun too, lol). I bought it to mod it and dominate as many other cars as i can.

so think what you want man...just know i am not like that.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firehawk238
and that, my friend, is just the sort of attitude tha causes us to get kicked out of places. Owning an Fbody is like being king of the mountain. you are already on top, you just sit and wait for someone to challenger you, then you accept and squash them. you dont go looking for it.
okay, first of all...i wasn't at a "place"....i was just cruising around....second, i just pulled up next to the dude and paced him to see what he would do....i'm not some ricer that pulls into a parking lot with a bunch of cars and starts reving my engine....

but i didn't buy a camaro to just stand next to it in a parking lot and talk **** about all the hondas and their fart cans (although that is fun too, lol). I bought it to mod it and dominate as many other cars as i can.

so think what you want man...just know i am not like that.

Easy Killers. What Karl is saying we don't cruise behind anyone. For the most part our street racing days have been over for quite some time. We have been trying to get Mustang dudes to hit the track in Reynolds.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

i was actually referring to this statement. i was just trying to save you some grief and being labeled a trouble maker by columbus PD like over half the mustang crowd is. also, the president of CCS is a columbus PD officer, just FYI. not a good place to show trying to get street races. as far as a throw down in passing, by all means go ahead. that does not get the whole group labeled, thats just and him. but when that sort of stuff gets brought to the spot where everyone hangs out it causes problems and then becomes an issue for everyone to contend with. so i strongly advise against it. wasnt anything against you for playing with a mustang in traffic. thats just fun. but if you show up where they hang out and meet up, you are gonna be attracting negative attention to yourself, and even if no one here is with you, itll be passed to us as well. kind of like if someone from CCS shows up where we are running their mouth, all of CCS gets that blame, not just him. and if ou are looking to dominate, you have a ways to go. as do i and most all the rest of us on this forum. there are too many very powerful daily driven cars out there that will put a hurtin on you and still make the daily commute to work the next day. no one wants any of the ROC. i applaud your eagerness because i know how it feels, just relax. those cars arent going anywhere, and in this economy most of them arent even getting further mods which gives you and advantage on build times. just take it slow and listen to the guys that have came from from 14 second cars all the way into the 10s and who are even close to hitting some high 9's and driving all the way back to columbus. they enjoy helping others and getting them where they want to be. and if you do it right, youll make some life long friends just as i have. but you arent gonna do any of that wanting to openly pick on the mustang owners of columbus just because they drive another brand of car. and just FYI, there are a few that put a hurtin on you.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, we had a spot Grease and a mustang guy decided to act like an idiot. The import guys aren't much better as a whole. There are some cool ones though, Williamson has a wicked little evo now. The deal with racing the mustang guys is that they can't be beat. You race them , you win, it's recorded and they are running around talking crap about how they beat you. I can't stand that crap. I know I am the slowest between Karl, Craig, and I and can admit that. Make sure if you race there is a camera involved to record the outcome. I say there is a 95% chance that they say they beat you as soon as the next day roles around. When the night before they admitted you beat them. I will horse around alittle on the street but only when it is in an area were no one alse but me and the other guy can get hurt. I have seen what can happen and I am glad it was out in the country when it did. I don't want to meet or hang out with the mustang crowd simply because of what happened at sonic. From what I was told it was not a ccs member, but they are the enemy. If you sleep with em then your one of em. Plus, some of the cars that wear that sticker are just horrible, nasty things. I will meet up even if I have to show up in the truck just to meet everyone. And Grease, stop bs'in, give Craig and I your credit card and lets get this thing done. I figure $30,000 will do it and your car will run 12's for sure.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

30k for 12's? not everyone spends paper like you sheik! lol for 30k i better be runnin in the low 9's to high 8's!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You will. Got the exhaust on, I didn't tighten anything yet. Gonna wait til I can get another set of hands under there. Wanna make sure I get everything tucked nice and tight.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

okay...well i appologize Karl, i thought you were referring to me talking about that white GT. But i see what you meant about the whole CCS thing and I think i was missunderstood with that. I wasn't talking about going in there with engines reving talking **** or anything. I just meant it would be cool to have a bunch of F-bodies show up to a Mustang meet. The guy, Wayne, I talked to from CCS seemed pretty cool. Some new kid was at Sonic who just bought a WRX and Wayne was telling him anybody is welcome to join them on their cruises but they had to ride in the back. He wasn't even cocky about it either. He was just talking about how that's how the clubs bi-laws were written and they were trying to get them changed and to kind of change the club from a strictly mustang club to a general car club but some of the other guys weren't having it.
And as far as racing....i simply meant there might be some Cobras or other fast stangs that would actually be worth running against and maybe them guys would race during the cruise or something. but i wasn't talking about going there and talking **** and enticing them guys to race or anything. I'm not some cocky F-body owner or anything...hell...my car is not even really that fast yet, lol. So yeah, that was all a missunderstanding. I undertsand what you were getting at Karl, but that was not what my intentions were.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Teching In

I used to do a lot of the stoplight drag racing in my younger days but not into it anymore. It usually takes a lot for me to get silly on a city street. If you see me driving fast its usually me running behind trying to get to pt or something of the sort. But we should get a group together and meet up I have no problem hanging out with the mustang guys as long as they aren't idiots. Ill talk to anyone about cars as long as they know what they are talking about. I've owned a lot of cars so I try not to be a snob about a certain make. I can appriciate anything fast. But ill be the first the admit the SBC is the greatest thing ever, lol
Old 05-16-2010, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Haha...I just read that last part of your post Jeremy. $30K! for 12's! I've already got a 12 sec. car........in the ideal conditions anyway...lol...and that's after about $1,500....but no...i wish i had the money to mod some more right now....i know a stall would really wake my car up....I'm hoping by the end of the summer i can have enough saved up for a stall and the supporting mods and maybe even some gears....my plan is to cam it by tax season next year. So i should have a nice low 12's/high 11's car by next summer (hopefully).
Old 05-16-2010, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Jeremy...if you need some help let me know...i'll help you out...i'm pretty much done working on my car for a while...i just need to get the wideband hooked up and put my FTRA in...but thats about it....and i've got like 5 4-days weekends starting this coming weekend so i've got tons of free time on my hands...

So lets set something up for this coming weekend....I don't know my way around Columbus all that well yet so I'm not sure where a good place to meet up would be...but i'm sure J, C, or K can chime in on that....There's a car show this coming Sat. at the Columbus Farmer's market across the musuem....we could meet up, cruise, and then go check that out or something maybe....just let me know....
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wanted that saying I pm'd you on a t-shirt Grease.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA