Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so are we hitting the strip in Phenix City tonight? let me know. Also, if anybody is interested in going retarded fast, my bike is now for sale. 03 GSX-R 1000.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Teching In

I'm gonna be at PC around 7-730pm, Whoever else is going, sound off!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know i showed up fashionably late lastnight, but still had a good time. sure wish my hawk was in better health, id show that vette whats up. so did anyone end up racing lastnight? anyone coming out tonight? if you guys come out, hit me up.

karl
Old 07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I'm gonna come out later around 10pm, see if I can find that trash talking sob in that green mustang.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

green mustang? did i miss something from lastnight?
Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Sounds like yall had fun. wish i was there!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

^
Maybe you should come out one night. Depending on what day it is, it may be worth the drive from LaGrange.

TJ
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

well buick when you gonna run that trash talking SOB in that silver vette? heard that vette already took ya! lol ill bust out the camcorder for this one!!!!

karl
Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 AM

whats up firehawk, i talked to you at the skills center, got the car runnin but couldnt find my registration to get back on post i rolled by in my truck but didnt see anyone, seen some people at the park down the road, do you guys meet up any other time or just sat. i should be able to make it this weekend.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firehawk238
well buick when you gonna run that trash talking SOB in that silver vette? heard that vette already took ya! lol ill bust out the camcorder for this one!!!!

karl

He's full of ****
Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Lol!!

TJ

Last edited by tj1986c; 07-22-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey 86Z we were down in that park most of saturday night. you should look for us either down there, or up at everything musical pretty much every weekend night. my hawk is back in OK getting the rear end redone, but should be back in a few weeks. im driving the old lady's nissan 350Z for now. i still come out though. just look for bigbuicks GN, or TJ's slowmaro. lol we will be out and about im sure.

karl
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, we're usually out till around 1:30-2 a.m. on a good night. Although the old farts like Bigbuick and Karl start getting tired at around midnight. Just kidding guys!! But for real, we should be out this weekend if the weather allows it.

Originally Posted by firehawk238
hey 86Z we were down in that park most of saturday night. you should look for us either down there, or up at everything musical pretty much every weekend night. my hawk is back in OK getting the rear end redone, but should be back in a few weeks. im driving the old lady's nissan 350Z for now. i still come out though. just look for bigbuicks GN, or TJ's slowmaro. lol we will be out and about im sure.

karl
Haha, yeah you got me. It won't be slow for long though. I have a few plans for it before I leave..... But for now, fear the stockness.

TJ
Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

funny thing is that ive gotten more compliments on my girlfriend coming out than i ever did on my car. lol seems a lot people wanna be creepin, not gonna happen guys, sorry. lol thankfully no one on here, or anyone that i hang with, but comments have come back through the grapevine, and we can just get it all out now, she is spoken for! lol

karl
Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM

i look forward to meetin you guys, i will be out this weekend as long as my belt will stay on, tryin to get the water pump pulley to line up.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Hey guys! Firehawk238 mentioned you guys were on this forum and I never really go to the southern forums or talk on here much. Just do research etc. Anyhow I work at Ft Benning and drive a 2006 Spice Red GTO. I live out near the Silver Dollar Racetrack and don't hang in Coulmbus too much but run my car at SDR alot. You can't miss it b/c I ride on Weld Draglites and it has a silver and black stripe painted on the side. She has a 402ci and built 4l65e tranny. Not the fastest thing on the road but she holds her own pretty well at a 3740 fighting weight w/ me in her. I have a 150 shot Nitrous setup halfway installed on it so far. Once installation is complete and I get it tuned for the spray maybe she will run some good times. Best is 11.98 @ 113mph so far NA. I don't think I know any of you but I know "of" TJ. (Through Gentry in case you are wondering)!
Anyhow maybe I will run into some more of you. If any of you are heading to the SDR anytime just let me know on here and I'll try and meet up w/ you. My family knows Ed (owner) and his family well and Yo-Yo (Tech inspector) is pretty cool and fairly leanient. See you around.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Georgia GTO
Hey guys! Firehawk238 mentioned you guys were on this forum and I never really go to the southern forums or talk on here much. Just do research etc. Anyhow I work at Ft Benning and drive a 2006 Spice Red GTO. I live out near the Silver Dollar Racetrack and don't hang in Coulmbus too much but run my car at SDR alot. You can't miss it b/c I ride on Weld Draglites and it has a silver and black stripe painted on the side. She has a 402ci and built 4l65e tranny. Not the fastest thing on the road but she holds her own pretty well at a 3740 fighting weight w/ me in her. I have a 150 shot Nitrous setup halfway installed on it so far. Once installation is complete and I get it tuned for the spray maybe she will run some good times. Best is 11.98 @ 113mph so far NA. I don't think I know any of you but I know "of" TJ. (Through Gentry in case you are wondering)!
Anyhow maybe I will run into some more of you. If any of you are heading to the SDR anytime just let me know on here and I'll try and meet up w/ you. My family knows Ed (owner) and his family well and Yo-Yo (Tech inspector) is pretty cool and fairly leanient. See you around.

Sounds like an awesome ride - post some pics!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Georgia GTO
I've seen your car on my way to SDR before. It looks great man!! I like the black spoiler and the stripe on the side, it looks way different from the other GTOs around here. By the way, I think I know of "Gentry", but just in case I have him confused with someone else, what type of car does he drive?

TJ
Old 07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey man glad to see you posted. i agree with TJ, that is one nice GTO. definately not like all the others you see everyday. looking forward to the weekend when i get to see it run down the track.

karl
Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=gto

Above is the link to when i got her painted and the wheels on. A couple pics there!

TJ, Gentry drove the White 97' Trans Am w/ the 20 inch wheels that I think he got from you.

I hear stories all the time about Mustangs mainly but a few about TJs old ride, the Grand National, and recently about a 383ci Iroc w/ 200 shot. But the Mustang guys are always claiming a win in the stories so I don't know how much is true. LOL!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I look forward to seeing your rides. My favorites are the ones that look old and tired and run like greased lightning...any of you like that ??? LOL!

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA