Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier
well....he is an A4 cam only.....i think the dude might run him considering he will only run from a roll...i mean he did race you after all (M6 H/C/I)....i've been considering asking him to run myself after hearing how well you did....but i want to get that stall in first....supposed to be here next Tuesday....the wait is killing me! lol
lol you callin my car slow ron hahah, im sure you guys will do fine but i have beatin a couple cars like home the same if not faster...
Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well....he is an A4 cam only.....i think the dude might run him considering he will only run from a roll...i mean he did race you after all (M6 H/C/I)....i've been considering asking him to run myself after hearing how well you did....but i want to get that stall in first....supposed to be here next Tuesday....the wait is killing me! lol
lol you callin my car slow ron hahah, im sure you guys will do fine but i have beatin a couple cars like home the same if not faster... you going down tomorrow?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

no i'm not calling you slow....i'm saying the GT is slow....i heard you had him by like a bus length....i figure if you beat him that badly then my much slower car could take him or at the least keep up with him...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i was just messin with ya man, i think you guys should run him and own that would be pretty cool to see. i would like to run an actual cobra one day but thats later on i have ran a stock one but thats the only one ive ever ran in to
Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Alot of people are liking the futral F30 cam. The torquer is ok, you can do bettter though. Go at least 230/230 or better. Dual valvesprings a must and .600 or around there. Good driveability and lots of power everywhere. Then your trans will take a **** eventually. LOL.
F30? did you mean the F13?

i'm also considering this one: http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=169&catid=44

i just like the package deals TSP offers which is kind of why i want to go with them....

i'm considering the MS3 also but am leaning towards the V2 or 233/239
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

yeah....right now i'm kind of in a bad place......either all the cars are too fast for me....or too slow...lol....i'd like to run a N/A cobra myself....think it would be a good race....
Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ms3 for the ***** truckin win
Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hptuners is now reading the wideband. Can't calibrate the lc1 because the plug is the exact same as the one on the laptop. Got to go to Lagrange again this weekend for a birthday party.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Launching!

F30? did you mean the F13?

i'm also considering this one: http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=169&catid=44

i just like the package deals TSP offers which is kind of why i want to go with them....

i'm considering the MS3 also but am leaning towards the V2 or 233/239
Yeah, it was early I meant F13 sorry. MY homeboy Josh has alot of experience 10+ years in building ls cars. He's done over 250 cammed ls1's in various platforms. He can spec you one or help you pick the perfect one. I'm kinda new to cam specs but I'm starting to understand it more each day. Doing a big cam 240ish is going to be hard to tune with it being a auto(stock one at that that will probably start to slip a little after the stall), just letting you know. Since you drive the cam alot keeping it around 230 would be more streetable. Just remember higher the duration the more it will move your power range north and you will loose power down low. I love my cam because I have great low end and midrange.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sheikss
Hptuners is now reading the wideband. Can't calibrate the lc1 because the plug is the exact same as the one on the laptop. Got to go to Lagrange again this weekend for a birthday party.
I live 15 min from lagrange. If you're interested in the trans.

Oh and btw guys. I beat pulley cobras, from a roll, where I shouldn't, and I'm cam only. Mightymike, you should be destroying them seeing as your car would pull harder up top being a 6 speed.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
well im going back to sonic this weekend, i honestly have nothing else to do but talk go out there... so if you want to meet up let me know. you really didnt miss much lol the guy was pretty cool im sure hed run you lol just dont tell him you have a cam and your good
I only race for cash. I would race anybody within reason. My car has a small cam anyways. It's slow.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Teching In

lol you callin my car slow ron hahah, im sure you guys will do fine but i have beatin a couple cars like home the same if not faster...

Pump your brakes cuz and don't get so cocky Ron was not saying that at all. If you keep this crap up trust me I'll come out to night with the IROC just to beat the brakes off that SS. Grow up dude. It's just a car. I believe I'm speaking for a lot of us on this thread that you are to believe we've never seen a I/H/C modded LS1 before. Dude they're will always be someone faster. But if you keep this cocky little attitude up that you're the fastest car out here then please stay away, I mean far away from me because it's so child like. Please just enjoy hanging out and leave the cockiness at home.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

you know i agrre with you Craig....but i don't think that post was meant to be a cocky statement....i mean....if i was H/C/I i would be a little cocky too....but as we all know...there's always someone faster....its just a nice feeling to know that you are "one of the fastest"

i mean come on.....you have to admit that its a nice feeling knowing you could beat just about any car that rolls into the Sonic parking lot on friday nights...although you are mature about it and don't flaunt it so i respect you for that.....you have to admit if feels good....
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Yeah, it was early I meant F13 sorry. MY homeboy Josh has alot of experience 10+ years in building ls cars. He's done over 250 cammed ls1's in various platforms. He can spec you one or help you pick the perfect one. I'm kinda new to cam specs but I'm starting to understand it more each day. Doing a big cam 240ish is going to be hard to tune with it being a auto(stock one at that that will probably start to slip a little after the stall), just letting you know. Since you drive the cam alot keeping it around 230 would be more streetable. Just remember higher the duration the more it will move your power range north and you will loose power down low. I love my cam because I have great low end and midrange.
yeah....the more searching i do on here on tech the more i'm finding out that as long as i get a cam in the 230 range like you said i'll be where i want to be....but yeah.....i kind of want it all....good low and midrange power that also pulls hard as hell top end....seems like there has to be a compromise somewhere though....i think i'm going to probably just go with the V2 and call it a day though....seems like a decent cam....and i'm not out to be the fastest around....i just want to have a fun/fast car.....

and as far as the tranny goes....i know it will go eventually.....but i'll worry about that down the road....i mean...it's a low mileage car so i atleast got that going for me....
Old 08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Wha? It's a 98, how low can the miles be?? I'm an 02 at 107k miles.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sheikss
When are we gonna see this car, it's been a long time...anxious to see it in person. Love the paint!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Teching In

you know i agrre with you Craig....but i don't think that post was meant to be a cocky statement....i mean....if i was H/C/I i would be a little cocky too....but as we all know...there's always someone faster....its just a nice feeling to know that you are "one of the fastest"

i mean come on.....you have to admit that its a nice feeling knowing you could beat just about any car that rolls into the Sonic parking lot on friday nights...although you are mature about it and don't flaunt it so i respect you for that.....you have to admit if feels good....
I understand were your coming from too, but at the same time I have more joy in knowing that I built and tuned my own car. Please know that I'll never come hang out just to bragging about what my car can do or at least I think I don't because I've always known that there is always someone faster. But I still respect other peoples rides, not talk trash, and even lend a helping hand to make them even faster. Ron you know I've never talked bad about anyone's ride.

2Slow2Flurry-ous, are you coming up tonight?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn craig shot to the heart man lol im not trying to be cocky man i was just joking around, YESS CRAIG you'll beat me i understand that lol ill still race you for ***** and giggles i wasnt talking trash about rons car when i stated about the ms3 ron told me he was looking in to getting one and i told him its a nice cam its not the best but its nice. hahaha i wouldn't talk trash about anyones car on here everyone does there own thing.

If it was bothering you man you should have just told me and i would have cooled off my bad ron if i came off like a dick
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

but i did build my car man, no i didnt tune it myself i know nothing about the way that **** works..
Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Teching In

YESS CRAIG you'll beat me i understand that

If it was bothering you man you should have just told me and i would have cooled off my bad ron if i came off like a dick
Cmon Mike this is what I'm talking about. This is not about proving who can beat who it's all about respect. I don't get my kicks boasting about who I beat racing and the fact is I really don't care!!! But I do care about being humble and respecting others, so lets just move on and enjoy tonight. Are you cool with that?

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA