Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkeysoldier

I need to finish the run in 16:36.....i ended up coming in at 18:14.....but as i said, my back was killing me....i kept trying to kind of zone out and let my mind wander so i wasn't thinking about the pain....but every time i did that my body would naturally slow down....and once i relaized it i would pick the pace back up....but yeah it killed me...i'm just going to have to suck it up and push myself hard to pass....
You can do it!! Good Luck
Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tim, whats going on?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

hey is anyone interested in going to sonic tonight and then hitting up sonic for a little while?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Teching In

I'm going to the track tonight.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Hey ron Ill run with you next PT test if you want me to, I'm the mfin guide-on so you know I can get you in around 15 even.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
it could be a pinched nerv
i'm pretty sure that's part of the problem because my right leg goes numb sometimes while i'm running....but it's more that just a nerve....

Originally Posted by zz17iroc
I'm going to the track tonight.
so wait? are we going to the track? cuz i mean, i know it's more entertaining than just standing around at sonic....but the drive, gas, and paying $10 to get in just doesn't seem worth it to me....but if that's the general consensus i guess i'll go....it will be nice to go and actually watch some races versus just sitting in the staging lane all night, lol...

Originally Posted by VindicatedLS2gto
Hey ron Ill run with you next PT test if you want me to, I'm the mfin guide-on so you know I can get you in around 15 even.
thanks man, but honestly i've tried the whole pacing thing in the past and it just doesn't work for me....
Old 09-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Teching In

No. Not every one is going to the track. I'm going to see a friend of mine from Macon run. But Ron that's the trade off when you start modding your car. As for hanging out at Sonic those days are numbered for me. I'll hang out at the track a little more often in the future only when my cash is right. But your point is well taken too!!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so hooters later anyone??
Old 09-20-2010, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

got it! barely eeked by but i passed the pt test and the tape test.....i'm so glad that's over with....
Old 09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i drove through sonic friday night and saw a couple camaros but nothing really worth stopping and taking a look at...... lol would have stopped but just didnt have time. btw, ron and mike, not exactly who you two are cause ive not met you in person yet, but you all are some starin fools! lol i noticed the blue firehawk caught your eyes. its not here anymore, i have my green one down right now. maybe this weekend ill meet some of you.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firehawk238
so i drove through sonic friday night and saw a couple camaros but nothing really worth stopping and taking a look at...... lol would have stopped but just didnt have time. btw, ron and mike, not exactly who you two are cause ive not met you in person yet, but you all are some starin fools! lol i noticed the blue firehawk caught your eyes. its not here anymore, i have my green one down right now. maybe this weekend ill meet some of you.
lol you GOT me lol, but ya you should stop out this weekend im pretty sure its my last weekend to have my car out there till spring
Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

perhaps. we will see. have alot of work to do on the car over the weekends, so just have to see how things go for me on that.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

firehawk? what firehawk? oh you mean that raggedy blue formula i saw where the guy put firehawk stickers on it? yeah that car was gay! lol....j/k.........

yeah man...i was wondering why you didn't stop....
Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh no, the blue one is a trans am... the raggedy formula hawk is green and its down here ready to beat down that camaro..... both of em! will be doin some work on it this weekend, but will definately be goin to the track soon and you all are welcome to come with.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

WTF I got a small story for yall I had to share.

Today at 2:00 Pm, This kid rolls up in this black honda with bamma plates on it. He was having trouble with his turbo, saying it started squealing at Idle. So I brought it in the bay and pop the hood... OH MY GOD it looked like a bunch of monkeys high on acid did his turbo kit. SO I took off the filter that was zipped strip on there and saw where the impeller was rubbing the housing. I told the kid his turbo my be trashed and I ask him if I could take it off for futher inspection. He said it was cool. Once i got the turbo off and opened up its a pure case of oil starvation, and chunks of slag was in the bearing. I seen this other **** that look like JB weld. And guess what it was..... So he calls his boy to tow his car home. Dude shows up and starts talking ****... I told the owner of the car why is turbo quit. The problem started when he had the oil feed line tap in the head. Thats a bigg no no. His boy is the one that put his kit on. It had the ebay manafold on it with spider cracks patch with jb weld lmfao! So we went back and foward on how to build a proper turbo kit, and it got to the point he calls me out. His buddy claims he has a turbo hatch civic that runs real good low 11's I dont call bullshit on him. The race is supposed to go down next summer when he has his new stand alone. I bet him His car and 1k That I will destroy him on the track and the street. So it looks like the Z is coming out in the summer...

So if anybody is looking for a honda Ill have one for sale.

LOL!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

no one on here wants a honda.... id strip it and sell off the parts just to hurt his pride, but im a dick like that. ****, tell him he doesnt have to wait till next summer. ill put 1k up against my hawk.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING

Today at 2:00 Pm, This kid rolls up in this black honda with bamma plates on it. He was having trouble with his turbo, saying it started squealing at Idle. So I brought it in the bay and pop the hood... OH MY GOD it looked like a bunch of monkeys high on acid did his turbo kit. SO I took off the filter that was zipped strip on there and saw where the impeller was rubbing the housing. I told the kid his turbo my be trashed and I ask him if I could take it off for futher inspection. He said it was cool. Once i got the turbo off and opened up its a pure case of oil starvation, and chunks of slag was in the bearing. I seen this other **** that look like JB weld. And guess what it was..... So he calls his boy to tow his car home. Dude shows up and starts talking ****... I told the owner of the car why is turbo quit. The problem started when he had the oil feed line tap in the head. Thats a bigg no no. His boy is the one that put his kit on. It had the ebay manafold on it with spider cracks patch with jb weld lmfao! So we went back and foward on how to build a proper turbo kit, and it got to the point he calls me out. His buddy claims he has a turbo hatch civic that runs real good low 11's I dont call bullshit on him. The race is supposed to go down next summer when he has his new stand alone. I bet him His car and 1k That I will destroy him on the track and the street. So it looks like the Z is coming out in the summer...

LOL!
Did you happen to get the 11 second civic owner's name?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Oh and I know a few of you guys have probably already gotten PMs from David on GAFBA.com, but for the guys that didn't I highly recommend that you check out that site. It used to be pretty popular back in the day, but it kind of fell off after it was remodeled about a year or two ago. They're trying to build it's popularity back up though. They have some pretty cool guys and you'll find plenty more guys in Columbus there. That way some official meets can be arranged.....Now all I have to do is remember my password, lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING

LOL!
im ****** pumped, your gonna need over night parts from japan tho
Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any buddy wonna buy a set of zr1's with tires for 300???

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA