Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tj1986c
Yeah, that dude is always speeding around town, lol. Has anyone seen the new guy with a twin turbo TA? How about the dude driving a black Z28 with a rear mounted turbo?
Haven't seen either of those turbo f-bodies, but I think Ken Janke (AFLAC exec) and Erik Rivera (owns an home theater business off River Road) both have or had newer red Ferraris recently.

Heck, while we are on the subject of cool local cars here's a recent pic of the PTAP NSX and Shaun's Viper (and my lowly Z06)....

Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jhelms
Haven't seen either of those turbo f-bodies, but I think Ken Janke (AFLAC exec) and Erik Rivera (owns an home theater business off River Road) both have or had newer red Ferraris recently.

Heck, while we are on the subject of cool local cars here's a recent pic of the PTAP NSX and Shaun's Viper (and my lowly Z06)....

i pass by that viper all of the time since i work downtown. I left a cottonmouths game this season and was behind him on 3rd avenue(i guess he was going back to his shop) and he dropped it down at around 35 mph and almost put it into a tree....it def. has some power in it lol.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Hey BeefTip, did you ever end up finding an F body for sale?

And Jhelms, I actually drove by PTAP the day you guys took that picture, lol.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey BeefTip, did you ever end up finding an F body for sale?

And Jhelms, I actually drove by PTAP the day you guys took that picture, lol.
no i didnt, i have actually backed off the search for one due to the economy. However, im sure if i found one around here that really caught my eye I would pull the trigger.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Mount Z

Yeah, that dude is always speeding around town, lol. Has anyone seen the new guy with a twin turbo TA? How about the dude driving a black Z28 with a rear mounted turbo?
Yeah thats me in the Z tim. Im in town for a bit then Im back off to texas but I will be back 4 good in march. I was out hunting for a small race the only one I got was a 00 cobra easy kill but fun, We had a beer after that. How is the F body seen down here? Im from columbus also. The Z is down now for a little up grade But Im looking to roll out this week end.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Yeah thats me in the Z tim. Im in town for a bit then Im back off to texas but I will be back 4 good in march. I was out hunting for a small race the only one I got was a 00 cobra easy kill but fun, We had a beer after that. How is the F body seen down here? Im from columbus also. The Z is down now for a little up grade But Im looking to roll out this week end.
Sounds like an awesome ride - we need to get some pics of that setup (I know someone that can hold a camera)
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jhelms
Sounds like an awesome ride - we need to get some pics of that setup (I know someone that can hold a camera)
Sounds good shoot me a pm next time everybody want to meet up. I leave town on the 20 jan.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Hmmm.......That's cool. I'm from Texas originally, and I will be headed back March 10th. I don't think that you stay too far from me actually. I see you around my neighborhood all the time. We should roll out to one of the meets together one day before you leave........

Last edited by tj1986c; 01-07-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Teching In

hey guys... this place sucks azz here at Hunter. How is everything going there. When I get back I think I am going to let go my 76 Firebird.. I will BS with you guys later.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Hmmm.......That's cool. I'm from Texas originally, and I will be headed back March 10th. I don't think that you stay too far from me actually. I see you around my neighborhood all the time. We should roll out to one of the meets together one day before you leave........
Sounds good bro just let me know.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Karl, got the pics and sent him an email.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wein77
hey guys... this place sucks azz here at Hunter. How is everything going there. When I get back I think I am going to let go my 76 Firebird.. I will BS with you guys later.
Don't worry man, you aren't missing anything lately. The scene slowed down a bit due to cold weather and rain and stuff like that.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

so what did you think of them sheik???
Old 01-11-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Their not to bad would like to see some close up pics. I'll be back around the 6th of feb. so I'll link up with you and grab that driveshaft.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats kool. its not hurting anything to be here, just didnt want you to forget i have it.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Is there any good cars and racing in columbus? where does everyone hang out.. I met john at the track for mussle car evolution and that got me thinking Im thinking about coming out there from macon sometime
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vetteboyc5
Is there any good cars and racing in columbus? where does everyone hang out.. I met john at the track for mussle car evolution and that got me thinking Im thinking about coming out there from macon sometime
Racing? What racing?

Just kidding!! There are quite a few nice cars around here. You just have to be out and about at the right time to catch them. Most of the people with quick cars either just stand on the sideline and talk crap about how fast their car is and what it can do or pick on slower cars, lol.

But if you're serious about coming to Columbus, just let us know and I'm pretty sure we all could get something set up.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

went and looked at the black c5 at jay yesterday but the salesman said it was crap and the car had problems, just a heads up..

on a side note, they are looking for a vette or 6.oL goat for me
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I am actually in the market for another car myself. Well I will be in a few months anyway. I thought about getting either a LS2 GTO, RX7, or a Terminator. I have to do a little more research first though. I may just get a turbo regal like I originally wanted before I got my Z28 or get into DSMs again. Or I just might keep my Z and get an LT1 powered car. Heck my dad keeps trying to convince me to get either a Dodge Ram or a Silverado. If I go that route though it would have to be diesel powered, which I don't have the money for yet. Man!! So many choices, LOL!!

Have you thought about getting a C5 Z06? I remember a while back SheikSS told me that they were getting to be pretty affordable. You can find some for as low as around 20 grand in decent shape.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

I am actually in the market for another car myself. Well I will be in a few months anyway. I thought about getting either a LS2 GTO, RX7, or a Terminator. I have to do a little more research first though. I may just get a turbo regal like I originally wanted before I got my Z28 or get into DSMs again. Or I just might keep my Z and get an LT1 powered car. Heck my dad keeps trying to convince me to get either a Dodge Ram or a Silverado. If I go that route though it would have to be diesel powered, which I don't have the money for yet. Man!! So many choices, LOL!!

Have you thought about getting a C5 Z06? I remember a while back SheikSS told me that they were getting to be pretty affordable. You can find some for as low as around 20 grand in decent shape.
Out in texas you can find c6's for 25+ with low miles. I know corvette palace is a good place to shop. My boy bought a 06 c6 1l somthing package but its nice 6 speed 44k miles black removeable top all that stuff for 24 k out the door. Im in the market as well for a c6z or a c5z I all ready have what I want to put in it. 418 ls3, ls7 topend budget minded of course. Im looking for mid 500 on this set up i like boost but I want the vette to be tamed.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA