Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Another F-Body Theft in Baton Rouge

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car was convertible. How long would it take to swap out the antitheft box, or whatever?

That would be crazy if the video had been looped, or whatever. Come to think of it though, there have been other cars stolen from that parking lot. Not F-Bodies, but still.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The factory alarm isn't very good. Try it yourself set the alarm open the door . They have about a 30- 40 sec delay before the alarm goes off. Enough time for a thief to get in and disable it. When they tried to steal mine they pulled the pass side kick panel off and disconnected some wires there. but they were interrupted and did not get away with the car. Is this anti theft box located around there? I know the alarm is. But when disconnected the car will not start so there has to be another step after disabling the alarm?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The theft module is on the pass side underneath the airbag I think. Its been so long I can't remember. If they plug in a module that they already have the code for they can just jam a screwdriver in the ignition switch and start the car just like a car that has no theft system.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow...This sucks. I just got a SS and with my luck, it'll get stolen the first I drive it...
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I wish we could catch these *******! I need to give someone an *** kicking and they are prime candidates
Old 06-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Launching!

My factory alarm goes off as soon as I open the door, thats with the windows down and me reaching in and unlocking them with the alarm still set.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

my vin is covered since all of this **** has been happening. if i get followed home any day of the week the chaser will become the chasey.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I think my car might very well be there next target. :O I JUST got it today and was washing not an hour after I got it and it looked like somebody was checking it out and ****. Well, sure enough he passes by 3 times and then actually stops and says that his brothers was stolen just the other day from the new mall and it was "just like that, identical." He might as well have said I stole it cause it sure seemed like he was thinking it was his brothers, but the odd thing is, he knew why there getting stolen...For the engine, which he even knew was a LS1...It was just rather suspicious and he was rather shady. He was driving a mid 80s gray Ford, Lincoln, Mercury full size car (not exactly sure what). Could be the thief?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squee
He was driving a mid 80s gray Ford, Lincoln, Mercury full size car (not exactly sure what). Could be the thief?
Was it all pimped out yo? Had bass boomers thumpin under the seat G?
What did the guy look like?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Old 06-26-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

White, middle aged, just a raggy looking car, looked kinda like a serial killer or rapist to be honest.

I know it sounds like BS, but no lie, he was rather suspicious. Looking in it, and ****, asking a bunch of questions, etc.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
Was it all pimped out yo? Had bass boomers thumpin under the seat G?
What did the guy look like?
Originally Posted by squee
White, middle aged, just a raggy looking car, looked kinda like a serial killer or rapist to be honest.

I know it sounds like BS, but no lie, he was rather suspicious. Looking in it, and ****, asking a bunch of questions, etc.
See Tim yo rasist *** thought it was a black person or people so you make that comment.News flash all races drive older cars and steal! lil bitch
Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
See Tim yo rasist *** thought it was a black person or people so you make that comment.News flash all races drive older cars and steal! lil bitch
NEWS FLASH *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE did I EVER say it was must have been black person driving the car. You need to get off your high ******* horse. YOur so focused on thinking someone is being racist, that I bet YOU are a ****** racist.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey also, I am SO happy that I was able to brighten up your signature!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Teching In

This has been going on quite a while. My '98 was stolen from the Ole London Town apartment complex in March of 2004. What was left of it (not much) was recovered in New Orleans the following August.

RIP

Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Lightbulb

NEWS FLASH *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE did I EVER say it was must have been black person driving the car. You need to get off your high ******* horse. YOur so focused on thinking someone is being racist, that I bet YOU are a ****** racist.
I am far from being one. But let me ask you this when you type these kind of phrases who are you mocking? Just shine a lil light on that for me Dogg! Little do you know i am more then one race.Now i have simple question for you how many people of another race has crossed your door step to your home and sat down had dinner Tim.........

Now if you really keep account of that you are a said Lil Bitch!like i been saying.You cracked a lot of jokes on me said alot of things when you stand on 2 chairs and man up to my size then we can talk other than that face it Black people are here to stay Tim
Oh 1 more thing i have a hood to Tim its black with no holes in it to see,hey what can i say your daddy couldn't look your mom in the face either while XXXXX her. Good day DOGG!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I am far from being one. But let me ask you this when you type these kind of phrases who are you mocking? Just shine a lil light on that for me Dogg! Little do you know i am more then one race.Now i have simple question for you how many people of another race has crossed your door step to your home and sat down had dinner Tim.........

Now if you really keep account of that you are a said Lil Bitch!like i been saying.You cracked a lot of jokes on me said alot of things when you stand on 2 chairs and man up to my size then we can talk other than that face it Black people are here to stay Tim
Oh 1 more thing i have a hood to Tim its black with no holes in it to see,hey what can i say your daddy couldn't look your mom in the face either while XXXXX her. Good day DOGG!
Let me ask you THIS question then "Oh great knower of all", ever heard any white kids use phrases like 'yo', 'G', 'Dogg', 'sup', etc?
Need me to answer THAT for you?
You not only are making yourself look more and more like an idiot, but you are also giving your race a bad name.

Oh, BTW, show me where I cracked a joke with your name in it.
Need me to answer THAT for you also?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Let me ask you THIS question then "Oh great knower of all", ever heard any white kids use phrases like 'yo', 'G', 'Dogg', 'sup', etc?
Need me to answer THAT for you?
You not only are making yourself look more and more like an idiot, but you are also giving your race a bad name.

Oh, BTW, show me where I cracked a joke with your name in it.
Need me to answer THAT for you also?
White kids Tim? Ok i will just leave you alone before they start calling me MJ
Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

White kids Tim? Ok i will just leave you alone before they start calling me MJ
Yeah, quit while your WAY behind and falling fast.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

I have not even shifted out of 1st yet its not over Tim

Quick Reply: Another F-Body Theft in Baton Rouge