Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Another F-Body Theft in Baton Rouge

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another F-Body Theft in Baton Rouge

I just wanted to put the word out about the loss of one of our best customers' car. The customers name is Will Robbins. His car was stolen last Monday from the parking lot of the law firm he works for. They have the theft on video and it shows a professional crew taking the car and backing their vehicle out of the parking lot so the camera couldn't catch their plate.

The car is a White 2000 SS Conv. It has ET 215 heads, our xTReme 227 cam, Hooker long tubes, a FAST 90/90 combo and a Vigilante 3200 conv. If anyone comes across any of these parts up for sale or anything suspicious, please let me know. This car was Will's pride and joy and his son loved to ride in it.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 06-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i hope all these f body thefts dont come over to lafayette that would be horrible if my car got stolen..but it seems they are only going for ss's and 35ths?!?!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can they describe the individuals who took the car?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

they have it on video?

This is the first instance I've heard of that happening. If this is the same people that stole all of the other cars I would get that video to the police asap.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

there going for ls1 cars doesnt matter what it is. as long as its a ls1. they will not steal a lt1 car. you could leave a lt1 car with the keys in the ignition and they wouldnt take it.
they want the powertrain ,interior and front clip from ls1 cars so they can put it on there lt1 cars. next time you go to a midnight madness notice the cars that were lt1 cars that now have a ls1, ls1 front clip and ls1 dash. you can still see the rubber gromet on the driver strut tower where the fuel lines came through for the lt1, and almost none of them are the original color of the car. these are just my observations and guys when yall go to the track cover your vin numbers and pull your plates off and make sure you dont get followed home.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's fucked up. One of the reason I don't want to get station in Barksdale AFB. Thieving LS1 mother effers.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

how many have been stolen? i don't understand crazy that they are just stealing ls1 hope it don't come to little rock.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Blake may have the best idea on the number stolen. Its insane how many of these cars are getting jacked.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

I will get more info from Will on Monday. He is supposed to come by for copies of his reciepts. I believe the police do have the video.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know there have been alot of people affected by these jackasses.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 06-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
there going for ls1 cars doesnt matter what it is. as long as its a ls1. they will not steal a lt1 car. you could leave a lt1 car with the keys in the ignition and they wouldnt take it.
they want the powertrain ,interior and front clip from ls1 cars so they can put it on there lt1 cars. next time you go to a midnight madness notice the cars that were lt1 cars that now have a ls1, ls1 front clip and ls1 dash. you can still see the rubber gromet on the driver strut tower where the fuel lines came through for the lt1, and almost none of them are the original color of the car. these are just my observations and guys when yall go to the track cover your vin numbers and pull your plates off and make sure you dont get followed home.
are you serious???.... They god I don’t own a LS1 F-body.

My dad has a 98 T/A Vert, but lucky for him he's working in California now. So it’s out there with him.

Still cant believe this is going on. Its literal every week someone post another one that gets stolen.. CRAZY
Old 06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xxtrevorxx
man i hope all these f body thefts dont come over to lafayette that would be horrible if my car got stolen..but it seems they are only going for ss's and 35ths?!?!
indeed.....I'll defend my car with my life...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00blacksstallion
how many have been stolen? i don't understand crazy that they are just stealing ls1 hope it don't come to little rock.
I think that makes 8 or 9 in the last month... only in Baton Rouge. No idea what's going on in Ascension.
BTW, it is T/A's, Z28's and SS's. The first one I know about that was taken in early may was a Z with a SS hood on it.

I have a question tho... Are the majority of these cars M6's??? I know that at least 3 of them were for sure. (the red Z, Blurr's car, and I believe one of the other SS's was too)
Old 06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Will's car was an A4. I will try and get more details on the theft today.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Shane. This is really starting to suck. Guess I can't even hope that mine is safe parked in a parking garage where there is high law enforcement traffic (city, parish and state) all day long.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by niknik
Thanks Shane. This is really starting to suck. Guess I can't even hope that mine is safe parked in a parking garage where there is high law enforcement traffic (city, parish and state) all day long.
A friend of mine lived in a gated neighborhood in an upscale part of Metaire and kept his car in his back yard which had an electric gate to go in and out of and they still tried to steal his car twice, the only reason they didn't get it is because he happen to come home both times when they were in the process, they got away both times thou. F bodies aren't safe anywhere unles you sleep in it with a loaded glock.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by niknik
I think that makes 8 or 9 in the last month... only in Baton Rouge. No idea what's going on in Ascension.
BTW, it is T/A's, Z28's and SS's. The first one I know about that was taken in early may was a Z with a SS hood on it.

I have a question tho... Are the majority of these cars M6's??? I know that at least 3 of them were for sure. (the red Z, Blurr's car, and I believe one of the other SS's was too)
My wife's WS6 was an A4. So it's not just M6's. Hers was stolen last October from Our Lady of the Lake hospital parking lot in broad daylight while she was recovering from surgery. I really would love to get my hands on these thugs.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
FormerVendor

Will's car was taken from the YMCA office on Foster. It took them 10 minutes and there are no descriptions available. They knew exactly where the camera was...

Shane
Old 06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Hello all, this is Will, former SS owner. Man, that hurts just typing that.

Thanks to Shane at TR for posting this. I've been too aggrevated to even click on LS1tech since the theft. But like Shane said, the car was taken from the YMCA parking lot. We saw security video, but all we saw was a White Lincoln Town Car park next to the Camaro for about 10 minutes. Then, both cars leave. We don't see doors open, or anyone get in or out. Weird. The getaway car backed all the way out of the parking lot so that camara would not catch his license plate. I don't know much about car theives, but it looked like these guys knew what they were doing.

My factory alarm was on and set. Anyone have any idea as to how they get past the factory security?

Anyone have any idea as to where to look for car? Don't know any chop shops. Someone said some of these stolen cars go overseas?

Also, does anyone have any experience with State Farm claims? Of course, I do not have any aftermarket riders.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does your car have t-tops? On my cousin's ws6 when they stole it they peeled back the drivers window ( we all know how to do that when we lock our keys in the car) and pulled out the t-top and got in. They stole it right off his driveway and he heard nothing. I used to work for a chevy dealer and the only way I can see that they are taking these cars so fast is that they are swiping vin's or they are yanking the theft module and putting in 1 they already know the code to and cranking the car the old school way(screw driver in the ignition).
Old 06-25-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

Originally Posted by bigwillie
We saw security video, We don't see doors open, or anyone get in or out. Weird.
If you could see both cars all the time, both doors, and STILL didn't see anyone moving around?????? Edited video. The thieves aren't invisible.

Quick Reply: Another F-Body Theft in Baton Rouge