Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Lo-Jack, Do you need it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lo-Jack, Do you need it?

Hi guys,
Im sure all of you local LA guys know about the F-Body thefts here in the Baton Rouge area and surrounding parishes.
It's ridiculous to have to worry about your car being stolen and its even more ridiculous for the unfortunate individuals who lost their cars to these thieves. You would like to believe after the hundreds that have been stolen over the past few years that the police would have caught these guys by now.

Our options are relatively limited when it comes to a situation like this.
We can build a bait car, maybe the thieves will steal it.. But at the rate these guys are going they might take your car next.
Alot of guys have mentioned GPS tracking devices, these aren't that effective and most have annual cost associated with them.

Lo-Jack uses a radio frequency which can track your car even if its in a parking garage, its proven to be much more successful than the GPS based units.

The best theft recovery system for your vehicle is Lo-Jack, bottom line.
with over a 90% recovery rate its our best option.

Its a one time cost... No ongoing fees.

Most are recovered within a couple hours after being stolen.

If you have Lo-jack and your car is stolen you simply call the police and fill out the necessary report. Lo-jack is then activated and the tracking begins.

There are two products that will benefit us.

LJU- LoJack Stolen vehicle Recovery System
Uses a small hidden transceiver to send a signal which allows for Lo-Jack and police to track your vehicle.

EW- For an additonal layer of protection to your LoJack system,
LoJack (Early Warning) alerts you by phone email or text message if your vehicle has been moved without your authorization.

The EW system works by placing a hidden module in your dash, you will recieve a special key chain to put on your key ring. If the key ring is not located in the car and the vehicle is moved at all Lojack will immediately call up to 5 numbers in your Lo-Jack Database to inform you of the movement of your vehicle.

Guys, the only way we can catch these theives is if we install these systems on as many F-bodies as possible... Its like fishing, the more hooks with bait in the pond the greater the chance of catching a fish.

Now for the pricing. Pricing includes installation by a local authorized Lojack technician.

LJU= 695.00
EW= 995.00

NOW, If we work together and get 6 cars scheduled the pricing is as follows.
LJU=575.00 installed 120.00 savings
EW=850.00 installed 145.00 savings

We have 4 cars wanting in already!

Feel free to check out
http://lojack.com/

PM me for more info or to sign onto the list.
Remember, 6 is the minimum for the discount we will not have a limit on how many are sold, we need as many as possible installed.

Check out these threads for additonal info on the Local thefts.

Thanks again Blake for taking the time out to try and catch these guys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-members/808446-stolen-f-bodies-inside.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-members/941643-another-f-body-theft-baton-rouge.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-members/937447-theft-ring-donations.html

Last edited by Derek @ EDO; 07-23-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

got a quick question for you, who is the local lo-jack guy who will be installing this systems,whats his creditials, just wondering because this thieves might have some connections...to be honest really dont feel to secure being a local guy...im looking into getting one of this systems soon...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02 hawk
got a quick question for you, who is the local lo-jack guy who will be installing this systems,whats his creditials, just wondering because this thieves might have some connections...to be honest really dont feel to secure being a local guy...im looking into getting one of this systems soon...
Well, there is more than one.
I will get more information for you tomorrow regarding this.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

More info:
No Risk! 24-hour LoJack guarantee: if your equipment/vehicle is not recovered within 24-hours after being reported stolen, and it is within the 2 year period after installation--LoJack will completely refund your LoJack purchase for that equipment. (Additional extended warranties are available.)

You would be entitled a refund for the non discounted price 695.00 or 995.00 even if you purchased your unit with the discount.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned

Lo Jack installers have a full FBI background check and are constantly under a micro scope. When they setup your Lo Jack they are connecting it directly into the police data base. Lo Jack is 8/8 in recovering vehicles in my area (Memphis) in the past few mos.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

derek, a quick question that will hopefully be beneficial to others as well as myself. the early warning setup, does it go off as soon as the vehicle is MOVED, or as soon as it is STARTED. the thieves that tried to steal mine had pushed it down the drive and into the street and had disconnected the bcm, so the car wouldnt crank anyways, making the early warning system useless.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hawk232
derek, a quick question that will hopefully be beneficial to others as well as myself. the early warning setup, does it go off as soon as the vehicle is MOVED, or as soon as it is STARTED. the thieves that tried to steal mine had pushed it down the drive and into the street and had disconnected the bcm, so the car wouldnt crank anyways, making the early warning system useless.
yep, whenever it is moved. Vehicle does not need to be running.
Its basically like a motion sensor, the montion sensor can only be deactivated by the Keychain. As long as you have your keychain in the car it will not trigger the movement sensor.
So if they tried moving your car again you will be notified immed.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
FormerVendor

Bump, I can still make this happen! The thefts are still happening, get the insurance you need to protect your car.
One car that was stolen from BR had LO-Jack and it was recovered 4 hours later..
Guys the bottom line is that this system is very effective.

Note: you don't have to be in the BR area to take place in this offer, technically you can be anywheres in the country to participate in this deal.

Give it some thought,
Derek
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
FormerVendor

Bump, I can still make this happen! The thefts are still happening, get the insurance you need to protect your car.
One car that was stolen from BR had LO-Jack and it was recovered 4 hours later..
Guys the bottom line is that this system is very effective.

Note: you don't have to be in the BR area to take place in this offer, technically you can be anywheres in the country to participate in this deal.

Give it some thought,
Derek
Old 02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

this lo jack idea is great to be honest with you guys, oct 13 i had my 98 z28 stolen from my apt. complex, filed report and all that good stuff and still havent heard a thing on that car to this day. a week later from oct 13 the **** came back to take my fiances ws6, stupid SOB's got the bastard too. only thing good about that one was that i was recovered in some parking lot in gonzales. now come on guys i had to damn cars stolen from me in a weeks time, one still going w/o a trace and the 2nd one ended up luck what makes you guys think it wont happen again and again. trust me the cops are full of **** just like 85% of the other times atlease take this into consideration or do it. trust me if it hasnt happen to you, you dont want to know the feeling because what you think you can imagine about how it feels, its alot worse than that
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Launching!

Im not to sure I buy this Lo-Jack system. My friend's '05 Accord was stolen from a parking garage, just so happen to be a police station about 20 feet from the garage too, well he filled the police report and when he told the cops he had Lo-Jack they told him that they didnt have any Lo-Jack equiped police cars on the night shift, that it would have to wait until shift change to get some Lo-Jack equiped cars on duty to start looking for it. He was also told that the the signal you car gives out once its activited only goes for about a mile and that its not like a GPS unit, the police cars get a simple beep that goes faster or slower depending on if they're getting closer or moving away from the stolen car.

Any of this true? He was told this by the Police and a Lo-Jack employee.

BTW my Formula was stolen in October and I'm still waiting on an insurence check.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R W B
Im not to sure I buy this Lo-Jack system. My friend's '05 Accord was stolen from a parking garage, just so happen to be a police station about 20 feet from the garage too, well he filled the police report and when he told the cops he had Lo-Jack they told him that they didnt have any Lo-Jack equiped police cars on the night shift, that it would have to wait until shift change to get some Lo-Jack equiped cars on duty to start looking for it. He was also told that the the signal you car gives out once its activited only goes for about a mile and that its not like a GPS unit, the police cars get a simple beep that goes faster or slower depending on if they're getting closer or moving away from the stolen car.

Any of this true? He was told this by the Police and a Lo-Jack employee.

BTW my Formula was stolen in October and I'm still waiting on an insurence check.
That stuff is true. There's this show that comes on A&E called Jacked: Auto Theft Task Force. It's a series similar to Cops, except they track down stolen cars. Their LoJack system is exactly like you described. Anything more than a mile or so away and they lose the signal. When they get close to a LoJeack equipped car, their receiver system shows an ID number associated with the car, and begins to beep, as well as showing an arrow for the direction that the car is in. The slower the beeps, the further away; the faster the beeps, the closer they are. If the car is sitting still, it makes it easier for them to find it. If someone is driving it, then it's like playing cat and mouse.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

Ill be giving Lo-Jack a call to inquire about how the system works and the trackable range.. I just don't see how these units can have such
A high sucess rate if there is only a 1 mile radius of signal output.
I'll update you guys with what they say.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
Ill be giving Lo-Jack a call to inquire about how the system works and the trackable range.. I just don't see how these units can have such
A high sucess rate if there is only a 1 mile radius of signal output.
I'll update you guys with what they say.
On the show I mentioned above, they did have a high success rate, primarily because they had about 8 officers out each night. Each had their own LoJack receiver, so they could easily close in on the car alot quickly than you could with just one officer out there tracking it. That and plus each time they receive a LoJack alert of a stolen car, it always took top priority over whatever else they were doing.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

with the rate of how many cars are stolen in baton rouge alone let alone the rest of S.E. Louisiana, i just dont see 1 or 2 units with LoJack tracking systems in them, let alone them being just ran during the day.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Talked with a Lo-Jack tech. today..
It has a 45 mile radius of coverage from tower to tower.
I will be seeing if I can get a parish coverage map to ensure that all the Hot zones are traceable.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
Talked with a Lo-Jack tech. today..
It has a 45 mile radius of coverage from tower to tower.
I will be seeing if I can get a parish coverage map to ensure that all the Hot zones are traceable.
45 miles? Wow!

Like I said, thier tech support told my friend it was only a 1 mile but i do know that the Jefferson Parish Police told him they didnt have any Lo-Jacked equiped cars on duty that night and he would have to wait until morning before any come on shift which I thought was pretty shitty.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

i talked with the direct sales of lojack when i inquired and my first question was how far the radius was. the guy that i was talking to told me that its 45 mile ranges off of every tower. therefore to make sure that you would be covered everywhere you would have to know how many towers are in La and where they are laid out to. hence the map would be a helpful piece of info. id like to see the map if you can get it to me once you get it bro
Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Id also like to see that map if possible aswell
Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

Talked with Christina Payne over at Lo-Jack today.
Unfortunately we will not be able to see exactly where the towers are located throughout the state, this information is confidential and I can understand why.
The following parishes below have 100% full coverage:

Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Jefferson, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Saint Bernard, Saint Charles, Saint James, Saint John the Baptist, Saint Tammany, West Baton Rouge.

The coverage does extend around some of these parishes to neighboring parishes that are not listed. Reason why is because Lo-Jack will not list a Parish or county unless it is 100% covered, so even if your car ends up in a parish not listed that does not mean Lo-jack can not track it.

Christina stated that Lo-Jack comes with a 2 year warranty that will reimburse you the retail value of the unit intsalled if your vehicle is not recovered in 24hrs, this means that if they find your car 25hrs later you still get your money back.

They have a 90% success rate, that's out of the whole country...

I will be sending Christina the map below to compare it to their tower map to see if the vehicles listed would have been able to be tracked by the system.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...fd894&z=9&om=1

Ill report back when I receive more information.

Thanks,
Derek

Quick Reply: Lo-Jack, Do you need it?