Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

CETA Owners - A request for you

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CETA Owners - A request for you

I posted this on collectorfbody.com, but had no replies to this.

The CETA has sat for the past couple years, largely unused, since I don't like leaving it parked unattended at school all day, and besides, school's kept me busy enough to keep me from doing any cruises or anything with it. To be honest, with the prices of C5 Z06s the way they are/were, I contemplated selling it many times to get one. But when I first started to realize that GM was on the fast track to oblivion, I figured I'd hang onto her until I got news of what was gonna happen. And, well, like we all know, Pontiac is gone now, and as such, we all own the last of the Trans Ams. So the way I see it, me and the CETA are committed for the long term now. So I decided to finally go through with all of the things I've wanted to do with the car.

Among those things are obtaining replacement inner door decals (VIN/RPO/Tire Pressure). If any of you recall, my car was t-boned by a 16 year old girl in a Cavalier back in 2005...the driver side side door was mangled pretty good, and the inner decals were torn apart as a result. Here's the car as she was in 2005 (it might hurt to look at):

You can kind of see in the picture where the door decals were caught up in the middle of things, quite literally. Being that I've resolved to keep the car, it really doesn't matter, but it's always bothered me that those decals are missing. For years I've searched to see if it's possible to obtain replacements from GM, and although I've never gotten a straight answer, it seems the answer would be "no". However, where OEM fails, aftermarket tends to succeed. See here:

http://www.ecsvin.com/

That's the closest I've found to obtaining replacement decals since the day I started looking for them. What they require are high resolution pictures of the existing decals, so they can create replacements. Unfortunately, as you could probably guess from the picture, I was never able to get some pictures. Would it be possible to ask one of you with a car, optioned identically to mine, to take such high-res pictures of your door decals, as well as an overall picture so I can see where they're positioned? Of course, I would replace the VIN with my own, provided ECS is able and willing to honor such a request. My car is a T-top, 6-speed, with traction control, Hurst shifter, and 12-disc CD changer. If one of you with an identical car could do this, I would be most appreciative.

-Chris
Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do it but I gots an Auto.

Sad to say that CFB.com isn't as active as it used to be. I wish there was something more I could do about it but with no new things for the car it kinda died down.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

A4 here too. As far as the decals I found the entire set of decals earlier this year when I had the whole car repainted after an accident. I just googled it and ended up piecing together the set from 3 sources. Wasn't cheap though!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

ditch the stripes, they look so much better with out them. I had planned to just aquire some for down the road when I had mine.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

justin your ceta looked like a skinned bannan. sorry i didnt like it at all.

i love the strips.

we can use mine if you dont mind the no 12 disk.

if you have your vin i can just order you new side stickers. and (if you mean the inside door sitciker) those two
Old 08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
justin your ceta looked like a skinned bannan. sorry i didnt like it at all.

i love the strips.

we can use mine if you dont mind the no 12 disk.

if you have your vin i can just order you new side stickers. and (if you mean the inside door sitciker) those two
Really? I was told it was nigh near impossible to obtain those replacement decals, VIN or not. The closest I found to a perfect solution was using that ecsvin.com website. I believe there were three decals total: VIN info, RPO codes, and tire pressure information.

And I agree, I simply don't think these cars look right without the stripes. Too much yellow.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would help but my car is sitting in the garage in Ohio

Hopefully I can get it back to NC soon
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd help but mine is one of the few, and i mean few that had no options, no 12 disc, no TCS and no hurst. I'd love to know how many had zero options, i've never seen another like it.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for you replies everyone.

Big Bird, you have a PM.

Z28/2002, don't want to sound pushy, but by chance is there anyone around the house that can take those pics? If not, have any plans to take it to NC anytime soon?

BanditTA, hopefully BANDITCAR chimes in soon, he's the expert on all things CETA; I'm sure he has a breakdown somewhere.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It might be brought back down the second weekend of September. If not the I will have my GF take some pics of the RPO stickers and the inside of the door.

FYI: My car didn't come with the 12 disc but did have the 6 spd, TCS and Hurst

Quick Reply: CETA Owners - A request for you