Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

00 Firehawk needs to breath please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Firehawk needs to breath please help

i want a nice mellow exhause but i wanna hear it! i dont have to run cats here in alabama... i think i want a full system heads all the way back.... who makes a good un? also if i do exhaust and and an airbox will i have to tune the engine?..... its a factory SLP Firehawk so i unsure how there computer stuff works .... for that matter fellas this is my first LS1 so i in the dark here... some one shine the light this way?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Get Some longtubes. Whatever brand you prefer. Run the exhaust back in either a Y or X pipe and get a muffler you like and your set. You will need to get a tune
Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

The SLP dual-dual is a great exhaust thats already on your car with longtubes. Get some longtubes and it will be much louder when you step on it but mellow at normal cruise.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

longtubes and a cut out
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JPCrazyLegs
The SLP dual-dual is a great exhaust thats already on your car with longtubes. Get some longtubes and it will be much louder when you step on it but mellow at normal cruise.
now this is sounding like a good option... cause i like the mellow tone of these pipes but man they restrictive.... and does this car have that "flat" pipe? i aint really been under it to look......

and if i do long tubes alone will i still need to tune? i am sure i will after i do the air box....... also today i picked up an SLP MAF sittin in a guys car he is parting out.... will this help me any or do i need to shuck it and buy a lid?

Last edited by StreetGliderX; 10-14-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

I have a 1 year old SLP Loud Mouth 2 with the slash cut SLP tips on mine that I might be interested in trading for your full Dual Dual setup (mainpipe, muffler, tipes, and other stuff from everything behind the cat to the tips). I'm in St. Louis and it'd have to be done here at a local shop. Or you can buy the LM2 off of me and I'll order an GMMG.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StreetGliderX
now this is sounding like a good option... cause i like the mellow tone of these pipes but man they restrictive.... and does this car have that "flat" pipe? i aint really been under it to look......

and if i do long tubes alone will i still need to tune? i am sure i will after i do the air box....... also today i picked up an SLP MAF sittin in a guys car he is parting out.... will this help me any or do i need to shuck it and buy a lid?
The SLP Dual dual is not a restrictive exhaust at all. It is one of the highest flowing out there, it is just quiet.

The stock manifolds are restrictive.. replace them with longtubes and all will be well. Yes you will need a tune. You don't really need an aftermarket maf, a lid would be a much better choice.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

thanks fellas so i just need a set of LT headers and carry them to my exhaust dude and let him get her racked up??? will i need y-pipe or anything? or intermediate piep or something? also do i need to have this thing tuned by a shop or just buy a hand held tuner type tool? i will aslo want to delete the cats thanks fellas again for the help!!!

and 69camaross thanks but i in alabama and it would be a hard swap to make thanks for the offer tho

Quick Reply: 00 Firehawk needs to breath please help