Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

There is no such thing as a Firehawk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011 | 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
the biggest non-cosmetic difference with the firehawk is probably the bilstein suspension upgrade that many of them came with:

BILSTEIN ULTRA PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION SYSTEM

35mm front stabilizer bar
21mm rear stabilizer bar
Reinforced stabilizer bar brackets and special end-links
Bilstein shocks, recalibrated to SLP specs.
Progressive-rate front springs 223 to 448 lb.-per-inch
Progressive-rate rear springs 97 to 136 lb.-per-inch
Rear trailing arms with 1LE bushings
1LE panhard bar
Option Price: $999
oh i agree... im not trying to put it down or anything.. and if you're going to keep the car stock, its a great setup.
my point was just that.. well look at what you have listed, then think about what most guys here do:
aftermarket LCAs\panhard have poly bushings... instead of the 1LE.
lowering springs replace the stockers
aftermarket shocks/struts replace the stockers.
while not often replaced by all, new poly bushing endlinks are less then $10 a set..
now if you were in autocross and wanted to stay in a stock class.. you wouldnt do that stuff.. but if you just look at the general mods people here do, it replaces most of that stuff.

im not snubbing the firehawk in anyway, i always loved it.. and the hood is just fuggin awesome. I was just commented on the "ram air" thing.

as for the OPs problem of explaining it... i can relate. seems like every vehicle I get has something about it that the average person doesnt "get" or believe..
Old 05-30-2011 | 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

I always explained it to People like a Roush Mustang. An out of hous complany that modify the cars before then get to the dealer. It is a little easier for people to relate too since Roush mustangs are a little more known than SLP and the Firehawk.

Oh and just an FYI not all SS cars went to SLP for modifications. SS hood went on in th factory. So only if they got some other upgrades from SLP did they go to SLP
Old 06-06-2011 | 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Side question -

I thought they stopped making Firehawks out of Formula's in '00? Or was that only WS6 cars?
Old 06-06-2011 | 11:01 AM
On The Tree

I tell them that its 5 grand more then I should have paid and that even though there were only a few made don't waist your money on them. Unless your a collector, because SLP does not make replacment parts for these cars i.e badging, spoilers, rims,center caps. So go get a nice clean WS6 and that the extra cash you saved and mod it up.
Old 06-06-2011 | 12:32 PM
Teching In

Just thought I would share this with yall the other day we were having our yard treated and the guy walks up to my dad and asks, "Isn't that firehawk the one that has the duel supercharged v6 in it from factory? Dad couldn't help but smile and say yep sure is. It amazes me how dumb people can be sometimes!
Old 06-06-2011 | 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Firehawk body styles,
1992-1997: available in Formula body only
1999 - 2002: available in both Formula and Trans Am
2009: G8 ( )

Quick Reply: There is no such thing as a Firehawk?