Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Blackbird!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fst4u
Hey Blackbird4 What Was The $ For The Upgrades If You Dont Mind Me Asking I Was Intrested In Upgrading Mine I Went Up To Pigeon Forge To See The Dick Harrell Super Car Never Got A Chance To Talk With Mr Murphy Bout My Car Hey By Chance You Seen The Super Car Camaro Yet? It's Awesome 600+ Hp And I Was Loving The Color Also Its In The Camaro Magazine Out On Stands Now It Is The Same Car In The Pic Pr-2. Anyways I Finally Got A Weekend Off And Went Up There To See The Big Block Show.mr Murphy Had 2 Zl-1 Camaro's, The Intimidator Ss, Blackbird #19 , A Anniversary Bird, And The Supercar Camaro They Were Unreal Along With All The Other Rides Up There. I Gotta Get Around Barrett Sometime And Check Your Bird Out Sounds Sweet!

2fst4u I could not even guess what the amount is I have in the car. I was supposed to have my car in the Pigeon Forge show but it was kind of a last minute thing I could not make it. Oh yea I've seen the Super car several times. They had it at Commerce for the Year One show. I don't know if GMMG will do work on your car or not. Give them a call. 770-592-6261. Good luck. Let me know what you decide.....Will be at Starbucks sat. night around 9:30 or so.
Attached Thumbnails Blackbird!!!!-mvc-009s.jpg  
Old 10-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
the black bird is a nice car but then again i just saw an 11 thousand mile firehawk sell for 22,000 a few weeks after i bought my t/a
The Firehawk was a good deal too but the production # are way higher that the Blackbird#'s. and your more than likely to see the Hawk on the street than the Blackbird .The down side is that you can't get it upgraded by the GMMG guys (the ZL1 supercar guys). I personaly have a Hawk to 2000 # 110 but I'll be real with you it just dosen't compare to the Blackbirds.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00bluehawk#111
i think only 2 som cars were built in 02 one went to a guy in woodstock i believe (he constantly beat the **** out of that car) broke the rear end a couple of times. and the other went to a stucco installer in smyrna. he lost his buisness and had it repo'ed
he only beat on the car moderatly and his name is george. hope this helps
) Hey 00bluehawk#111 . I was given those # on the SOM by Brent Sloan he owns Blackbird # 48 SOM. Also Matt Murphy confirmed the total. Still a rare car no matter how you look at it. You can also see the car on the Year One site under Commerce Challenge 2004 Car Show Winners.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Launching!

i saw the bird that won, it looks so sweet, i wish this bank woul hurry up, its killing me!!!

oh, oobluehawk#11, where did u get your info.?
and mr. bird man, could you supply me with a contact to verify the buld numbers?thanks again guys.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Launching!

blackbird4, do u have any more pics, your car is sweet looking, is your car an orignal stg.2 or did u have them modify it after the purchase???
Old 10-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jaredwayt
i saw the bird that won, it looks so sweet, i wish this bank woul hurry up, its killing me!!!

and mr. bird man, could you supply me with a contact to verify the buld numbers?thanks again guys.
You can get in touch with Matt,Mike, Ron,or Angel at the GMMG INC's web page ,either call them direct or E-mail your questions. If your near the town of Marietta GA stop in at GMMG and check the place out.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

blackbird4, do u have any more pics, your car is sweet looking, is your car an orignal stg.2 or did u have them modify it after the purchase???

No jaredwayt, all my work has been done on the car since I purchased it. I have to stay away from GMMG. I go by just to visit the guys and theres always something new that they come out with and I think I should have it. Cost me 1000.00 just to visit.....LOL..........

send me email add. and I will send you some pics.......stormin06@aol.com
Old 10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Default Pr-y1

I just got pictures of this Blackbird PR-Y1 435HP. I guess its for sell.
There saying its the sister car to my car but Im not sure how it fits into the line up of Blackbird. Not sure the price tag but it looks mint and has around 27k miles.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by carrillo1967
I just got pictures of this Blackbird PR-Y1 435HP. I guess its for sell.
There saying its the sister car to my car but Im not sure how it fits into the line up of Blackbird. Not sure the price tag but it looks mint and has around 27k miles.
Carrillo1967 is this the car owned by a guy named George Harrison? I was told by my contact at Year One that the other Year One Prototype car was for sale last week . He has put a couple new clutches in the car since he bought it.I was told the car still is in good shape and that he wants close to 50K for the car. Send me a pic of it when you get the chance.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Here is some pictures Bird man. I think it is the same car. I know of a sales guy who says its for sale. Looks just like my car but faster car, lot more miles, and a lot more $$$..
Attached Thumbnails Blackbird!!!!-mvc-003s.jpg   Blackbird!!!!-mvc-005s.jpg   Blackbird!!!!-mvc-024s.jpg  
Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Not too sure about there only being two...
I met a guy at the Winter Nationals from West Virginia in February 2002 that freaked out over my SOM Firehawk. He sold his 1969 Camaro and bought an SOM Blackbird because he fell in love with mine. Lost touch with him awhile back. Name was Rob something or other...?
Old 10-23-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rob called me a few months back saying he was selling the SOM Blackbird, not sure how he got my number though.

That Silver PR-Y1 looks like George Harrison's. I met him up at the Bristol Bash last year, but just for info, that car wasn't an original Phase II, cause he was talking to Matt up there about sending it down to have the Phase II work done on the car.

Norm, I may meet up with you guys down at Starbucks on Saturday. Not sure what the plans are for the weekend yet. Really wanting to see that new roll bar that Mike and the guys put in for ya.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

i know 1 of the owners of 1 of the som cars thats how i know. they are awsome cars will be like the bergers when they get some age i think, seen about 4 blackbirds go through the auction for cheap... i have a dealers licence...(ex..2002 blue blackbird 5k mi sold for 18,000. )
Old 10-23-2004, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Rob called me a few months back saying he was selling the SOM Blackbird, not sure how he got my number though.

That Silver PR-Y1 looks like George Harrison's. I met him up at the Bristol Bash last year, but just for info, that car wasn't an original Phase II, cause he was talking to Matt up there about sending it down to have the Phase II work done on the car.

Norm, I may meet up with you guys down at Starbucks on Saturday. Not sure what the plans are for the weekend yet. Really wanting to see that new roll bar that Mike and the guys put in for ya.
Ok Matt will keep an eye out for you. Hopefully no rain tonight.........Yea they did a great job. I'm very happy with it......
Old 10-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Hello everyone, this is Rob from VA that Dawg One mentioned have a SOM Blackbird -- I haven't been on the LS1 sites in awhile. Just to fill you in, I still have by Blackbird -- mine is a 380hp SOM Anniversary Edition (#8) with 3400 miles on it (maybe the lowest miles SOM BB) Supposed there are a total of 17 Ann. Ed. BB -only 2 are SOM - mine & #6 a 435 car that went to Ohio (lottery winner) Not really looking to sell but you never know. To my knowledge there are 5 or 6 SOM out of the original 50 BBm then the 2 Ann. Ed. SOM cars for a total of 7 or 8. Also I original was trying to track as many BB cars as possible & have some info regarding maybe 1/3 of the cars if any BB owners are interested.
So Dawg One still got the Hawk?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Rob, don't know if you remember me or not, but this is Matt down in GA with one of the Year One Formulas. I think you called me a while back trying to track down the cars. If so, shoot me a PM cause I got something I want to ask you about.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Hello Matt- yes I remember talking w/ you awhile back - what's your question? Also I curious if anyone knows all the true production #s. The following are the best I can figure so far.
50 original Blackbirds various colors
17? Anniversary Edition (WS6 TA) various colors
7-10? Year One Edition (all silver WS6 TA)
5 or 6? Collector Edition Blackbirds (yellow WS6 TA)
how many Year One Edition Formula 350 various colors
Old 10-29-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, best I can find out is there were 14 of the Year One Edition Formula's. I've located 3 in white(1 totaled already, and 1 belonging to me), only 1 in SOM, 2 Black, and 2 pewter. There is at least 1 in red and 1 in silver, but I have never been able to find the owners. My question for you though, was how you got my name and phone number a while back when you called me.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SOMBlackbird
Hello everyone, this is Rob from VA that Dawg One mentioned have a SOM Blackbird -- I haven't been on the LS1 sites in awhile. Just to fill you in, I still have by Blackbird -- mine is a 380hp SOM Anniversary Edition (#8) with 3400 miles on it (maybe the lowest miles SOM BB) Supposed there are a total of 17 Ann. Ed. BB -only 2 are SOM - mine & #6 a 435 car that went to Ohio (lottery winner) Not really looking to sell but you never know. To my knowledge there are 5 or 6 SOM out of the original 50 BBm then the 2 Ann. Ed. SOM cars for a total of 7 or 8. Also I original was trying to track as many BB cars as possible & have some info regarding maybe 1/3 of the cars if any BB owners are interested.
So Dawg One still got the Hawk?
Hey Rob!
Yep, sure do. It survived through all the hurricane nonsense this summer, too.
Got about 25K on the clock. Have done just a FEW more things since you saw her back in 2002. It might be as loud as yours since I also now have the GMMG Chambered Exhaust
I don't have any plans on selling mine, either. Just bought a GMPP extended warranty since she turned three on October 12th.
Wow, how time flies!
I'm headed back to Orlando this coming weekend for a friend's wedding. Will try to cruise by Old Town while I'm up there since I'm taking the Hawk on a road trip. Is going to be an "F-Body" wedding, believe it or not!
Glad to hear your rare Bird is still in your possession. That's the only other SOM 'Bird I'd consider besides my own, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't even know they existed when I bought mine
Don't be a stranger!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Matt (2002yroneformula) - I don't remember off had but I think you had posted your # on LS1.com at some point when talking w/ someone else.
OJ (Dawg One) - just be busy - bought new house last NOV so hadn't had lot of time to get on internet

Quick Reply: Blackbird!!!!